New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recommend you start here.

This should answer most if not all of your questions.

JB_Sullivan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great, many thanks - the link was very helpful. At least now I can get a stream via MotionEye into my smart home interface.

Unfortunately I didn't find anything about API, or I missed it.

At ioBrocker there is an adapter for the RING doorbell. That would be great if there was such an adapter also for this model.

JB_Sullivan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My camera unfortunately sits in the door reveal and had to look 90° around the corner for an optimal view.

Has anyone ever designed such an adapter for the 3D printer? At Thingiverse I haven't found anything yet - or searched wrong :(

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Great, many thanks - the link was very helpful. At least now I can get a stream via MotionEye into my smart home interface.

Unfortunately I didn't find anything about API, or I missed it.

At ioBrocker there is an adapter for the RING doorbell. That would be great if there was such an adapter also for this model.
Only ONVIF APIs right now...You would need to change firmware...

API LINKS:
ONVIF Event API - dromero
ONVIF2MQTT Docker Hub, GitHub - dfarkov

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My camera unfortunately sits in the door reveal and had to look 90° around the corner for an optimal view.

Has anyone ever designed such an adapter for the 3D printer? At Thingiverse I haven't found anything yet - or searched wrong :(
Some have used this mount:

HARDWARE INCLUDED: below) If these do not work for you, search Nest Hello mounts on Amazon, they are not a direct fit but can be modified to work. POPMAS is one that several here on this Forum has used.
(NOTE: After I got my Doorbell connected to my network and the App viewing the Doorbell video fed, I used my phone to help figure what angle I needed to mount Doorbell)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

JB_Sullivan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Some have used this mount:

HARDWARE INCLUDED: below) If these do not work for you, search Nest Hello mounts on Amazon, they are not a direct fit but can be modified to work. POPMAS is one that several here on this Forum has used.
(NOTE: After I got my Doorbell connected to my network and the App viewing the Doorbell video fed, I used my phone to help figure what angle I needed to mount Doorbell)
I had already read that, but I have a 3D printer in the workshop, so it would be stupid to buy one if you can print it yourself.

Then I will design something - "thanks" Corona is now enough time for that :(

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
.... but can i change the firmware? I have EzViZ 5.2.4 build 19121 - witch new firmeware is the best for my plans?
Yes. You have 2 to chose from LaView or Nellys. See 101 for info under Firmware section...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had already read that, but I have a 3D printer in the workshop, so it would be stupid to buy one if you can print it yourself.

Then I will design something - "thanks" Corona is now enough time for that :(
Let us know what you end up with, post pictures of finished mount if you don't mind...

JSnP

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was just told HIKVISION (DS-HD1) has new firmware update:

Can anyone who has the Hik let us know if ONVIF is supported in this new version...Or any other new options...Thank You
I don't have a Hik, but if you "binwalk -e DS-HD1.dav" extract the .dav and perform a "strings * | grep -i onvif" on the extracted contents, it contains a similar # of "onvif" strings as the LV and Nelly firmware (270+), while the EZ & RCA only have 20, suggesting that it might have onvif support (but that doesn't necessarily mean it was enabled).

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This morning my Ezviz db-1 informed me that there was an new firmware available.
It is described as "In this exciting update, the intelligent linkage between doorbell and chime is not restricted by the type setting of chime". Apparently its an exciting update, what ever that means.

What would they mean with the "type settings of chime"? This option (elektronic/mechanical) was already removed in the last firmware.

Screenshot_20200402-084633_EZVIZ.jpg

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And another remark: Looking at the firmware naming it appears already a month old (20/02/2020).
At least the Hikvision version dates to 21/03/2020.

Jack007

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you change the doorbell speaker chime to a custom audio file so it will instantly play a message to delivery drivers when they push the button?
I didn't upgrade yet. In the current Ezviz firmware it is not possible to choose a soundfile to play when the button is pressed.
I think the other OEMs don't have this option either.
Would be nice to have.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have a Hik, but if you "binwalk -e DS-HD1.dav" extract the .dav and perform a "strings * | grep -i onvif" on the extracted contents, it contains a similar # of "onvif" strings as the LV and Nelly firmware (270+), while the EZ & RCA only have 20, suggesting that it might have onvif support (but that doesn't necessarily mean it was enabled).

You Da Man!, strangely enough I tried that URL a while back in the hunt for the Hik firmware, now it works. Awesome. Maybe they did not post their first firmware, not sure. Now we can add a third ONVIF supported firmware to our list. I have two users confirming ONVIF works on the DS-HD1

I was informed yesterday of the update and it looks like they put it online yesterday Apr. 1, 2020

1585826741742.png

Thank You JSnP

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This morning my Ezviz db-1 informed me that there was an new firmware available.
It is described as "In this exciting update, the intelligent linkage between doorbell and chime is not restricted by the type setting of chime". Apparently its an exciting update, what ever that means.

What would they mean with the "type settings of chime"? This option (elektronic/mechanical) was already removed in the last firmware.

View attachment 58528
They have not put it online yet though, still has January Date (191211):

1585828296844.png

Thank you for screen cap info. Updating 101 with this and Hiks new firmwares...

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You Da Man!, strangely enough I tried that URL a while back in the hunt for the Hik firmware, now it works. Awesome. Maybe they did not post their first firmware, not sure. Now we can add a third ONVIF supported firmware to our list. I have two users confirming ONVIF works on the DS-HD1

I was informed yesterday of the update and it looks like they put it online yesterday Apr. 1, 2020

View attachment 58533

Thank You JSnP
So, two quick questions.
1. I assume this is like the other firmwares and you "should" be able to flash this on a different branded doorbell. I have an early 2019 RCA running laview firmware right now.
2. If the answer to 1 is yes, does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the outdoor chime with this firmware?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And another remark: Looking at the firmware naming it appears already a month old (20/02/2020).
At least the Hikvision version dates to 21/03/2020.
EZVIZ 200220 (FIle Date ??-??-??)
Hik 200231 (FIle Date is 03-31-20)

I will try tomorrow to see if EZVIZ puts up the newer version on site to grab the File and File Date...Still saving all versions :)

So Doorbell 101 is updated since we got two new firmwares. Excited to see who is going to take the plunge on this new Hik firmware. I want to see if it has any more features before i change, I already have ONVIF with LaView. If EZVIZ ever joins the ONVIF party, that will be when I switch out my LaView with my EZVIZ DB...:)

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am curious who will be trying the firmware first. I may purchase a second Hikvision OEM just to try this firmware.

I had no issues upgrading firmware here on my device using the Batch configuration program.

Here have disconnected the pairing of the doorbell to the cloud application and do not use it anymore and do not want to.

That said I am not tethered to my cell phone and never have been.