New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

s1myr

n3wb
Reaction score
When I did the conversion from RCA to Laview FW I did a full reset, and it has been rock-solid until a week ago... then it disconnected from the Wifi and would not reconnect. So I reset it using the button (did not pull the power), and it was good for 3 or so days. I pulled the power yesterday and the settings held, except the Wifi went back to Direct Mode (factory default). Its back on the home Wifi now, we'll see it was just an anomaly or if the DB is having issues. Thx for the help
I get the same issue that the Wifi goes back to Direct Mode (factory default) sometimes when the doorbell is powered down, or in my case if I have a power cut as I did this morning. Each time I have to go back into batch configuration, change the SSID to EZVIZ and then reconnect the doorbell to my Wifi via the Hikconnect app. Not much use if I'm away and cannot reset locally, it's dead until I return home. Does anyone else have this issue or a solution? I've even replaced my EZVIZ DB1 for a new one in case it was faulty but continue to have the same issue. Note I have updated firmware to Hikvision with no issues.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I get the same issue that the Wifi goes back to Direct Mode (factory default) sometimes when the doorbell is powered down, or in my case if I have a power cut as I did this morning. Each time I have to go back into batch configuration, change the SSID to EZVIZ and then reconnect the doorbell to my Wifi via the Hikconnect app. Not much use if I'm away and cannot reset locally, it's dead until I return home. Does anyone else have this issue or a solution? I've even replaced my EZVIZ DB1 for a new one in case it was faulty but continue to have the same issue. Note I have updated firmware to Hikvision with no issues.
What brand of doorbell do you have? What fw do you use? If you upgraded to another vendor's firmware, did you reset it after the upgrade? Otherwise you could have weird issues like these.

s1myr

n3wb
Reaction score
What brand of doorbell do you have? What fw do you use? If you upgraded to another vendor's firmware, did you reset it after the upgrade? Otherwise you could have weird issues like these.
It's an EZVIZ DB1 and I upgraded from EZVIZ to Hikvision firmware following your instructions. It works perfectly except for this power down issue. If I do a reset (partial restoration) the Wifi goes back to Direct Mode (factory default) with softap_xxxxxx and I have to reset the the SSID to EZVIZ and then reconnect the doorbell to my Wifi via the Hikconnect app. It's the same most times (not always) if the power is cut.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's an EZVIZ DB1 and I upgraded from EZVIZ to Hikvision firmware following your instructions. It works perfectly except for this power down issue. If I do a reset (partial restoration) the Wifi goes back to Direct Mode (factory default) with softap_xxxxxx and I have to reset the the SSID to EZVIZ and then reconnect the doorbell to my Wifi via the Hikconnect app. It's the same most times (not always) if the power is cut.
I know how it works. :)

But you didn't answer: did you reset after the upgrade as per my guide or not? When a power loss happens, my camera does not revert to AP mode like it happens to you.

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Emiks5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone paired this DB with a monitor like this? Can be any brand as long as it works for ringing through and 2way talking.

Dahua Video Intercoms WiFi Indoor Monitor 7" TFT Touch Screen VTH5221D VTH5221DW for IPC surveillance Micro SD card Doorbell

For this money you could get a refubished ipad mini 4 or an android tablet which works quite well. I am using a ipad mini 4.

s1myr

n3wb
Reaction score
I know how it works. :)

But you didn't answer: did you reset after the upgrade as per my guide or not? When a power loss happens, my camera does not revert to AP mode like it happens to you.
Sorry, I thought I mentioned, if I do a reset (partial restoration) after an upgrade the Wifi goes back to Direct Mode (factory default) with softap_xxxxxx

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes I see. Looks interesting!
Yes, I have tablets laying around to display BI streams, but these dedicated monitors are more reliable for constant streams. I really like the functionality that it can ring through DB presses. I like the slim look of the HSDB2A more though.

chow7

n3wb
Reaction score
Well today my rca died completely. I get no power to the device when I press the reset button. Tested the wires with a multimeter and am getting 20v. Anything I can try or is it time to buy a new one?

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry, I thought I mentioned, if I do a reset (partial restoration) after an upgrade the Wifi goes back to Direct Mode (factory default) with softap_xxxxxx
Yes, you mentioned it, and it's normal that after a reset it goes in AP mode. But after you change SSID as per my guide, you shouldn't have weird issues like this.

That's why I ask you again: after the upgrade to hikvision's firmware, did you do the reset, reboot, and changed the SSID to EZVIZ_xxxxx as the guide indicates?

It seems like you upgraded and didn't reset. If so, that could lead to strange issues like the one you described.

gnuB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do any of you in the US happen to have a wired Honeywell home security system? I’d like to see if it’s possible to integrate this db cam into Total Connect 2.0.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@KlaverBoer solution to setting up the Motion Detection area in Batch Configuration tool should be added to 101.

@nepats197, Motion Detection in BCT appears to be disabled/greyed out under the EZVIZ F/W, but is enabled with the HikVision F/W.
LaView DB with LaView 190716 FW Motion Detection is Greyed Out too.
Will make note in 101, thanks...

1595507432600.png

Can others check to see if Motion Detection in your Firmware is Enabled or Greyed Out in Batch Config. Tool/iVMS-4200 under Remote Configuration/Event/Motion Detection...Thanks

Last edited:

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do any of you in the US happen to have a wired Honeywell home security system? I’d like to see if it’s possible to integrate this db cam into Total Connect 2.0.

Googling it appears that the Honeywell Total Connect 2.0 system connects to propietary Honeywell IP legacy and newer IP HD cameras.

You could try to utilze DB RTSP streaming or JPG captures or ONVIF streaming to your Honeywell system

Another methodology would be to utilize the free Home Assistant Honeywell Total connect plugin and integrate your Hikvision DB to Home Assistant.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
LaView DB with LaView 190716 FW Motion Detection is Greyed Out too.
Will make note in 101, thanks...
Can others check to see if Motion Detection in your Firmware is Enabled or Greyed Out in Batch Config. Tool/iVMS-4200 under Remote Configuration/Event/Motion Detection...Thanks
Are you all using Batch Config v3.2.0.6? Doesn't look like mine. I use DB1 with latest hikvision fw.

1595519731286.png

DoorBellDummy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to reposition the date / time on the DB1 so it's not on the default bottom of the picture?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@KlaverBoer solution to setting up the Motion Detection area in Batch Configuration tool should be added to 101.

@nepats197, Motion Detection in BCT appears to be disabled/greyed out under the EZVIZ F/W, but is enabled with the HikVision F/W.
LaView DB with LaView 190716 FW
Motion Detection is Greyed Out too.
Will make note in 101,

View attachment 66985
Are you all using Batch Config v3.2.0.6? Doesn't look like mine. I use DB1 with latest hikvision fw.

View attachment 66993
I think it is the new Hikvision FW that turns this on, I presently know EZVIZ FW and LaView FW is grayed out.
Yes using 3.0.2.6 BCT
1595524098681.png