New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for this info. So question, running the BI Web Server is an alternative to running a Monocle Server/Gateway, correct?
I would wait for some one who knows more about monocle to chime in. I know monocle can grab a video stream from BlueIris (newest update just added this) for IoTs. That is about all I know about monocle. I know monocle can access cams in a diff way because some have talked about editing cam/db settings (like what type of chime you have) that BL does not do.

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope, Thanks for the info!! Wish I seen this before ripping mine apart. lol
The thermal pads in this look diff from what I found in my RCA but every thing else seem the same from first glance.

Update 1
The heatsink in this one is MUCH smaller then what is in mine. (RCA)
I see this one has a heater on the internal batt as well. LI batts do not like heat, they swell up from just being in a car for too long on a hot day. Anyone know why they would do this?
wow, they really ripped into that thing!

Update 2
Anyone know why they would have "Touch Screen Digitizer Board CK77 94V-0" why would they have a touch screen digitizer in this?

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a way to test if the power kit is still functional? All the sudden my mechanical chime stopped working and I even tried a new one. Also I have a 24v 40va transformer, is that too much?
So this is happening a lot, seems most are having to either rest their DB or run another App and chose Mech. Chime again, like we all did
that being said...

my doorbell just went offline... and is flashing blue.. and no longer even ringing the chime when pressed (prob 3rd time since new)

its the OG RCA doorbell with the laview firmware.

thinking about getting the flush mount Dahua Door station. Price seems good, and install a bit tougher as i will have to cut some stucco. Not the end of the world.

do you think I will be happy with the Door station. Also thinking about switching over to blue iris as Im using Sighthound now.
You have had your DB as long as me, I think even much longer, July, 2019, for my LaView. I sure hope I don't get plagued with the problems you and others have had. So far, none here.
I don't know much about the Door Station, will check it out, my only concern would be cutting out the stucco, how easy is it to repair/patch/paint stucco incase the DB does not work out for you?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
So this is happening a lot, seems most are having to either rest their DB or run another App and chose Mech. Chime again, like we all did

You have had your DB as long as me, I think even much longer, July, 2019, for my LaView. I sure hope I don't get plagued with the problems you and others have had. So far, none here.
I don't know much about the Door Station, will check it out, my only concern would be cutting out the stucco, how easy is it to repair/patch/paint stucco incase the DB does not work out for you?

there is a huge thread here, where loony did a great review

also a great youtube video as well...
patching stucco is a differnt story.. not the end of the world, but would hate to have to do it after installing.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
there is a huge thread here, where loony did a great review

also a great youtube video as well...
patching stucco is a differnt story.. not the end of the world, but would hate to have to do it after installing.
Found this Thread, correct?

Will check it out...

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Found this Thread, correct?

Will check it out...

yes, read it over, would love to hear your thoughts

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. I set it up with the EZVIZ app. It never asked me. Ill try setting it up again and see what happens. Its a mechanical doorbell.

Is there a better app to use when we have the Hikvision DB1 firmware?
EZVIZ has the best app, IMHO, but they decided to remove the chime options after the first setup. But you can install Guarding Vision app, without removing or configuring the camera again, and you should be able to enable and configure the chime again.

Please read 101, many questions are answered there.

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have now moved, and cause of changing the transformator cost 4-500USD in electrician cost (not legal to do it yourself here) I just took a picture of the old one to see if anyone tried this transformator as I can see the 12V option gives 1A that seem to me to be quite high?

As the DB1 is 6-24V have any tried to run it on this 12V transformator? Its set on 8V now, but on the low voltage side its legal to change it myself.

Its a Grothe 3139

IMG_0002.jpeg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have now moved, and cause of changing the transformator cost 4-500USD in electrician cost (not legal to do it yourself here) I just took a picture of the old one to see if anyone tried this transformator as I can see the 12V option gives 1A that seem to me to be quite high?

As the DB1 is 6-24V have any tried to run it on this 12V transformator? Its set on 8V now, but on the low voltage side its legal to change it myself.

Its a Grothe 3139

View attachment 71752
Do you have a Chime? This is the reason you would need more AMPs/Watts load draw.

FROM our 101:
For Mechanical Chimes, here is a video to help explain transformers:
16v 10va vs. 16v 30va Doorbell Transformer

I know this is a US video but the principal still applies.

HTH

Last edited:

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have a Chime? This is the reason you would need more AMPs/Watts load draw.
Yes, sadly I do have a chime. I se realize I might just have to bite the bullet and install a new transformer as I guess using this could bring issues with video and wifi drop. I get worred when its said its needed 30va, but the only other transformer I have laying here is a ring one, and that only give 15 @ 24v and guess that is a no go too then?

IMG_0005.jpeg

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, sadly I do have a chime. I se realize I might just have to bite the bullet and install a new transformer as I guess using this could bring issues with video and wifi drop. I get worred when its said its needed 30va, but the only other transformer I have laying here is a ring one, and that only give 15 @ 24v and guess that is a no go too then?

View attachment 71755
You could try the Ring Trans. at 15VA. So I have a question, can you guys not bench test before install, I understand you have to call an Electrician when working with power, but just thinking, you could connect up a power cable to the trans. and plug it into an outlet to test/setup.

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You could try the Ring Trans. at 15VA. So I have a question, can you guys not bench test before install, I understand you have to call an Electrician when working with power, but just thinking, you could connect up a power cable to the trans. and plug it into an outlet to test/setup.
Its very, very, very strict playing with 220V here, where its no insurance coverage if even trying to touch it. But the main issue test is I guess its easy to get it working in general, but taking into account wire length and long term stream is harder to predict. The reason why Im asking is I rather do it once and get it right, than do it twice. Its a bit easier for people in the US as you guys got a lot of 16-24V, but generally here its used 8V on 99% on all doorbells.

The only "lucky" thing is the doorbell wiring in this house is 2,5mm2 / 14AWG and a distance on about 2m so I guess thats a pro for potential power drop

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

View attachment 71755
Use the Ring transformer at 24v, it'll work.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's how it should be done. Configure everything on one desk, near the PC. Once everything works, you install in the final location. Basic stuff. :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes, read it over, would love to hear your thoughts
So as always, looney3ns has an excellent review. Being a wired POE system, you would not have WiFi issues, which is nice. Having SIP support and the Intercom system is nice. I like the POE switch having the sensor ports to be able to integrate with an alarm system, probably a good place to install the POE box is by your alarm system instead of running alarm wire to it.

The wind noise on looney's third video is concerning, our house faces North, so we get a lot of wind, at times, but our DB is inside a porch and I have not experienced wind noise, maybe looney's is more out in the open to get direct wind or the mic is in the holes where the speaker is and wind can get into all those holes to cause the noise.
1601558288372.png

For me the 7 inch display is too small, if it is only used for the DB then it would be, of course ok, but if you plan to add your other Cams I have a 10 inch display (Not POE, connected WiFi). But I am old and my sight is going bad daily :) I see Andy said they have larger monitors. As you may can tell I am writing this post while reading looney's thread. :) One thought if you do want a monitor, since most monitors are eye level, running a Ethernet wire midway on a wall does not make moving the monitor easy, like a WiFi connected Monitor so make sure you have a permanent place in mind.

Are you looking to just to get the Doorbell, not the kit? The price for the kit is not bad concerning what you get though. Never mind just read your message :) Oh, just saw where Andy is only selling the kit as of this post...

If you get it from Andy, be sure and don't brick it like Holbs did, get with Andy before updating any firmware, I have read this a lot with different Cams, going to Dahua to get firmware is a No No when purchasing the Cam from Andy.

Sorry, I know this message is all over the place, but instead of taking notes, I used this post while reading looney's thread. If more thoughts come to mind, I will post.

If i were looking for a SIP intercom type system, I would consider this system.

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So as always, looney3ns has an excellent review. Being a wired POE system, you would not have WiFi issues, which is nice. Having SIP support and the Intercom system is nice. I like the POE switch having the sensor ports to be able to integrate with an alarm system, probably a good place to install the POE box is by your alarm system instead of running alarm wire to it.

The wind noise on looney's third video is concerning, our house faces North, so we get a lot of wind, at times, but our DB is inside a porch and I have not experienced wind noise, maybe looney's is more out in the open to get direct wind or the mic is in the holes where the speaker is and wind can get into all those holes to cause the noise.
View attachment 71760

For me the 7 inch display is too small, if it is only used for the DB then it would be, of course ok, but if you plan to add your other Cams I have a 10 inch display (Not POE, connected WiFi). But I am old and my sight is going bad daily :) I see Andy said they have larger monitors. As you may can tell I am writing this post while reading looney's thread. :) One thought if you do want a monitor, since most monitors are eye level, running a Ethernet wire midway on a wall does not make moving the monitor easy, like a WiFi connected Monitor so make sure you have a permanent place in mind.

Are you looking to just to get the Doorbell, not the kit? The price for the kit is not bad concerning what you get though. Never mind just read your message :) Oh, just saw where Andy is only selling the kit as of this post...

If you get it from Andy, be sure and don't brick it like Holbs did, get with Andy before updating any firmware, I have read this a lot with different Cams, going to Dahua to get firmware is a No No when purchasing the Cam from Andy.

Sorry, I know this message is all over the place, but instead of taking notes, I used this post while reading looney's thread. If more thoughts come to mind, I will post.

If i were looking for a SIP intercom type system, I would consider this system.
I read in that thread the camera has a good SNR, which silences the noise coming from far (the user mentions trucks, cars, etc.) so I guess it should handle the wind too.

I actually liked this system, wired PoE, has a door unlock relay which is needed for me, and it is ONVIF compatible with a pretty good lens.
I don't like the SIP approach, and I also read all the problems configuring it, but I guess it's just a matter of getting to know the system.
I also liked the PoE monitor, which can also integrate other cameras, but I read that it turns off automatically...they also provide bigger sizes. Probably it's better than a tablet for watching camera feeds.

I'm seriously thinking about it...but I hate the idea of having to abandon this thread. :)

I have to find a Dahua reseller in EU, better if in Italy.

Take a look at this other video, the guy took a look at DB1 first:

Last edited:

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you seen this?

FROM the 101:
⦁ FCC Registrations: Search FCC ID Database
FCC ID 2ADTD-DSHD1 3MP Wi-Fi Doorbell Camera by Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. (Info on Hikvision Doorbell)
FCC ID VIXHSDB2 Video Doorbell by Voxx Accessories Corp. (Info on RCA Doorbell)
FCC ID 2APV2-CSDB1 Wi-Fi Doorbell Camera by Hangzhou Ezviz Software Co., Ltd. (Info on EZVIZ Doorbell)
FCC ID 2APYR-PDB1630 Wi-Fi Doorbell Camera by LaView Eagle-Eye Technology Inc. (Info on LaView Doorbell)
FCC ID 2ADTD-DOORBELL 3MP Wi-Fi Doorbell Camera by Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co., Ltd. (Info on Nelly's Doorbell)
This is a great find. I bet @rafale will appreciate taking a look at the internals. :)

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@KlaverBoer solution to setting up the Motion Detection area in Batch Configuration tool should be added to 101.

@nepats197, Motion Detection in BCT appears to be disabled/greyed out under the EZVIZ F/W, but is enabled with the HikVision F/W.
Just added in 101, going back on and reviewing your post.

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just added in 101, going back on and reviewing your post.
two things:

1. That method could depend on the BCT version used. Mayba in latest BCT versions they solved the problem.
2. Last time I used EZVIZ fw, motion detection in BCT worked, so this should be checked again before updating 101.

Thanks a lot David.