New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had major disconnect issues in my log with keep alives set to on. Curious to see if that impacts you as well.
Well so far for me it seems the opposite, but still testing. It decreased my Signal Losses in a 14 hours period since I turned it on. I was getting over 100 a day prior. I originally turned it off after reading here discussion about how it affects Reoilink CAMs.

1674090155784.png

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Well so far for me it seems the opposite, but still testing. It decreased my Signal Losses in a 14 hours period since I turned it on. I was getting over 100 a day prior. I originally turned it off after reading here discussion about how it affects Reoilink CAMs.

View attachment 151366
but watching the prerecorded video at the offline time stamp... u dont see any glitch in the video.

That just seems strange to me

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Had my other CAMs experienced the signal loss I would not of posted anything here, but when it was the Reolink DB, I felt to share. Not sure why the 1674091789889.png are needed, I understand somewhat its function but I am recording/streaming 24/7

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Had my other CAMs experienced the signal loss I would not of posted anything here, but when it was the Reolink DB, I felt to share. Not sure why the View attachment 151371 are needed, I understand somewhat its function but I am recording/streaming 24/7
My guess is that it is Reolink's inability to create a compliant ONVIF firmware. I don't have RTSP keep alives checked and I don't see as many disconnects as you. I don't think I am missing any notifications as evidenced by my alerts matching what other adjacent cameras are seeing and the clips don't show any glitches when re-watching them. Either Reolink or Blue Iris, just don't like each other. No bother, for $90, I'm not watching the error log.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My guess is that it is Reolink's inability to create a compliant ONVIF firmware. I don't have RTSP keep alives checked and I don't see as many disconnects as you. I don't think I am missing any notifications as evidenced by my alerts matching what other adjacent cameras are seeing and the clips don't show any glitches when re-watching them. Either Reolink or Blue Iris, just don't like each other. No bother, for $90, I'm not watching the error log.
Are you running a RTSP stream? Read others suggest RTMP

1674094765570.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I am trying RTMP stream:

1674097259260.png

You have to turn it On in the Reolink Network/Advanced/Port Settings it is defaulted to Off like RTSP was...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well not sure but seems Reolink, or it's users seem to recommend that protocol more for their CAMs, from what I have read...
Maybe this is their recommended way for those streaming live on YouTube. Now looking back I am not sure where I found the RTMP info.

Here they show RTSP:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
y
Maybe this is their recommended way for those streaming live on YouTube. Now looking back I am not sure where I found the RTMP info.

Here they show RTSP
yea, RTSP has always been king when it comes with IP cams.

Iceman24

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you able to do HTTP FLV streams from within Blue Iris? I've read those are best with Reolink cams. That uses RTMP, although I am not sure what the difference is between regular RTMP and HTTP FLV using RTMP.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
y

yea, RTSP has always been king when it comes with IP cams.
Reolink seems to have a history of issues, from what I am reading, BI and Reolink mainly is what I am focused on.

I found this article that mentions RTMP works best for Reolink in BI.

"Most cameras connect via RTSP today. However, Reolink provides RTSP and RTMP support. From our testing, RTMP seems to perform better. Many users were complaining about the No Signal message when using RTSP from BI. When switching to RTMP, the cameras worked perfectly for the mainstream and the sub stream."

I am happy to report in the last 8 hours since I started using the RTMP stream for the Reolink POE DB, I have had Zero Signal issues...

1674129373228.png

1674129240641.png

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you able to do HTTP FLV streams from within Blue Iris? I've read those are best with Reolink cams. That uses RTMP, although I am not sure what the difference is between regular RTMP and HTTP FLV using RTMP.
Forgive me, I am not familiar with that stream,

Here are the options when picking Reolink in BI:
1674129658622.png

Here are the options for Generic/ONVIF:
1674129882989.png

Could not find much info on HTTP FLV but did find this info for Frigate:

Also found this Thread which mentions RTMP:

HTH

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok. Seeing more "No Signal" errors than my other cameras and in BI it is noticeably behind the other cameras when a car drives by (like 1-2 seconds behind). Hopefully these are all fixable by getting updated firmware that allows fixed frame rates and setting the iframe like the other Reolink cameras eventually got.

View attachment 146441View attachment 146443

Some comparison photos:
Lorex 2K 8:45AM
View attachment 146446
Reolink Doorbell POE 8:45AM
View attachment 146447

Lorex 2K 12:48PM
View attachment 146448
Reolink Doorbell POE 12:48PM
View attachment 146449

Lorex 2k 5:08PM
View attachment 146450
Reolink Doorbell POE 5:08PM
View attachment 146451

It's possible some of these were in substream when I grabbed a snapshot, but you get the idea of how they compare. I am pretty happy with overall picture quality in most conditions, but I keep the front of my house pretty well-lit at all hours.
@greg_mitch Found our fix to the signal losses. Don't use the RTSP stream. You need to use RTMP stream. You have to turn it On in the Reolink Network/Advanced/Port Settings:

1674140655262.png

Then in BI chose RTMP:
1674140949909.png

I am at 12 hours and ZERO signal losses in BI...

1674142543532.png

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am learning more why Reolink and BI has issues...I matched my iFrames (FPS/key) on my other CAMs thanks to @wittaj and @fenderman educated me on Reolink. Now I know why fenderman is interested in this new Reolink Doorbell release...looks like my real test will be the issue of Motion...

The top Doorbell (DB) is the Reolink POE:
Front and Back are Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS CAMs
Doorbell (bottom of the list) is my LaView ONE HALO (DB1 variant)
1674141363862.png

Hopefully .50 on this Reolink DB is enough for Motion in BI to not miss...

Great Read:
Reolink: Deconstruction of a dangerous misleading youtube review "Finding the BEST 4K Security Camera NVR Package (Reolink vs Amcrest vs Swann)"

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I am learning more why Reolink and BI has issues...I matched my iFrames on my other CAMs thanks to @wittaj and @fenderman educated me on Reolink. Now I know why fenderman is interested in this new Reolink Doorbell release...looks like my real test will be the issue of Motion...

The top Doorbell (DB) is the Reolink POE:
Front and Back are Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS CAMs
Doorbell (bottom of the list) is my LaView ONE HALO (DB1 variant)
View attachment 151393

Hopefully .50 on this Reolink DB is enough for Motion in BI to not miss...

Great Read:
Reolink: Deconstruction of a dangerous misleading youtube review "Finding the BEST 4K Security Camera NVR Package (Reolink vs Amcrest vs Swann)"

great read. please test with motion.. would love to see if the .50 will be good enough. strange reolinlk wouldnt let you change it?
@greg_mitch Found our fix to the signal losses. Don't use the RTSP stream. You need to use RTMP stream. You have to turn it On in the Reolink Network/Advanced/Port Settings:

View attachment 151391

Then in BI chose RTMP:
View attachment 151392

I am at 12 hours and ZERO signal losses in BI...

View attachment 151396
been doin some research on RTSP and RTMP.

Without Blue Iris, how can you view the RTMP stream. I tried in VLC, but maybe i was using the wrong string or port number.

Im trying to import my cameras into TIVImate, so they show up in the Tv guide.

This works with RTSP, but i have to use an external player (VLC) and does not work with the stock exo player.

Can you give me an example of a RTMP for a dahua camera, and do i first need to set somthing up with in the camera settings first?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
great read. please test with motion.. would love to see if the .50 will be good enough. strange reolinlk wouldnt let you change it?

been doin some research on RTSP and RTMP.

Without Blue Iris, how can you view the RTMP stream. I tried in VLC, but maybe i was using the wrong string or port number.

Im trying to import my cameras into TIVImate, so they show up in the Tv guide.

This works with RTSP, but i have to use an external player (VLC) and does not work with the stock exo player.

Can you give me an example of a RTMP for a dahua camera, and do i first need to set somthing up with in the camera settings first?
I will do some bench testing on motion, the best that I can. Of course the real test would be the DB installed.

If you are not using Blue iris then you can use RTSP...from what I have read, the Reolink CAMs has issues when using RTSP in Blue Iris so it is recommended to use RTMP.

I don't know if Dahua CAMs support RTMP...