New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I will do some bench testing on motion, the best that I can. Of course the real test would be the DB installed.

If you are not using Blue iris then you can use RTSP...from what I have read, the Reolink CAMs has issues when using RTSP in Blue Iris so it is recommended to use RTMP.

I don't know if Dahua CAMs support RTMP...
yea, RTSP works fine for dahua cams, and i can integrate them into tivimate. But, to view that channel, i need to use VLC, not the stock exo player android and tivimate uses for video playback.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yea, RTSP works fine for dahua cams, and i can integrate them into tivimate. But, to view that channel, i need to use VLC, not the stock exo player android and tivimate uses for video playback.
I used RTSP when I was doing my VLC test. I visually did not see any issues with the DB, I did find that 3 streams seemed to be it's limit.

Maybe this can help you...

mrxyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I noticed there are 3 types of alerts coming from the doorbell:

XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<body>
<AlarmEventList version="1.1">
<AlarmEvent version="1.1">
<channelId>0</channelId>
<status>MD</status>
<AItype>people</AItype>
<recording>0</recording>
<timeStamp>0</timeStamp>
</AlarmEvent>
</AlarmEventList>
</body>
The above seems to be sent when a person is detected (PIR detection)

XML:
<body>
<channelId>0</channelId>
<status>MD</status>
<AItype>none</AItype>
<recording>0</recording>
<timeStamp>0</timeStamp>
</AlarmEvent>
</AlarmEventList>
</body>
This seems to be sent when the camera detects movement.

XML:
<body>
<channelId>0</channelId>
<status>visitor</status>
<AItype>none</AItype>
<recording>0</recording>
<timeStamp>0</timeStamp>
</AlarmEvent>
</AlarmEventList>
</body>
This seems to be sent when a person presses the doorbell.

There are also variations, when "MD", "Visitor" are sent at the same time. I haven't seen a combination with "people" yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@greg_mitch Found our fix to the signal losses. Don't use the RTSP stream. You need to use RTMP stream. You have to turn it On in the Reolink Network/Advanced/Port Settings:

View attachment 151391

Then in BI chose RTMP:
View attachment 151392

I am at 12 hours and ZERO signal losses in BI...

View attachment 151396
I'm hesitant to change anything as I am not noticing any issues. My timeline is full of people, cars, and dogs and the playback doesn't show any "No Signal" when I breeze through it. Don't break technology when it aint broke, you know.

Iceman24

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I will do some bench testing on motion, the best that I can. Of course the real test would be the DB installed.

If you are not using Blue iris then you can use RTSP...from what I have read, the Reolink CAMs has issues when using RTSP in Blue Iris so it is recommended to use RTMP.

I don't know if Dahua CAMs support RTMP...
My understanding of Reolink cameras is to never use RTSP, period, unless you have to. HTTP FLV over RTMP is the way to go with specific arguments in place if possible also.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My understanding of Reolink cameras is to never use RTSP, period, unless you have to. HTTP FLV over RTMP is the way to go with specific arguments in place if possible also.
Since I abandon RTSP a few days ago I have had ZERO signal losses...prior to the change to RTMP I was getting over 100 a day at times...

I am new to Reolink but Dahua does not have a good POE Doorbell solution for me in my price range. You would have to pry my Dahua CAMs out of my hands, they are not going anywhere, by far they are the best I have experienced/seen. I have had comments from family/friends stating our Dahua video feed is much better than what they have at their work building's security.

Look how dark it is outside, but these CAMs rock in low light, I have the Front one on Day mode only, no need for IR.
My Backyard CAM is in need of an additional IR light on the West side of my house, I have the IR Illuminator on the CAM turned down to get perfect facials.

Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS 2.8mm Fixed Lens CAM:
1674296965081.png

Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS 3.6mm Fixed Lens CAM:
1674297008120.png

This is how dark it actually is outside (pic taken from my Samsung S20+ phone). If you look behind our tree you see the street light, there is another one further down the cross street, look behind our neighbor's tree corner house across from our house.
I only have a 60 Watt bulb for our porch light, may replace with a 40 Watt...
1674297907038.png

Thinking I better include my LaView (DB1 variant) Doorbell feed too, since this is a Doorbell CAM Thread:
1674299533744.png

Last edited:

Iceman24

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 3 Reolink cameras all using RTSP. No issues.
I didn't mean it was completely unusable. It's just known to be problematic for many and not the best connection method to the cameras.

You could be having issues and may not be noticing them, which means they may or may not matter much for you. Unless you are monitoring the feeds constantly, you could be missing the signal losses for example.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just followed up with Reolink support on the firmware updates:

Thanks for getting back to us.

We will add the frame rate settings in the next released firmware. But sorry that currently we are not able to tell the estimated time.
We will keep you posted when the new firmware is released. Thanks for your patience!

Have a nice day!

Best Regards
Reolink Support Team-Jeanine

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For those interested, here is the FCC filings:

1674400857044.png

Here are the Internal Photos:

There are two Doorbells listed, A & B, the B version looks like it is the WiFi version. So is the A version the POE version, there is no info listed, that I found?

1674401525112.png

Last edited:

Kapsville

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello! Pls give me a short TL:DR
Reolink Doorbell best bang for the buck? Have network cable next front door and need a video doorbell which alerts me via smartphone and can be integrated in HA. Amazon germany can ship in 2 weeks!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello! Pls give me a short TL:DR
Reolink Doorbell best bang for the buck? Have network cable next front door and need a video doorbell which alerts me via smartphone and can be integrated in HA. Amazon germany can ship in 2 weeks!
Buy It :D

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did a quick temp. test. Looks like this is in line with my DB1 variant DB but it does not feel as hot to the touch like my LaView is.
Found the hottest spot to be on the back of the DB at the top. FYI, the 128 is Fahrenheit...

1674482155259.png
1674482286077.png

From what I have found, it is not uncommon for these DBs and other CAMs to run hot...My LaView DB highest temp. is around 130 F. It has been running for over 3 years now. Where I live, it can get over 100 degrees during the summer months here...

Last edited:

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did a quick temp. test. Looks like this is in line with my DB1 variant DB but it does not feel as hot to the touch like my LaView is.
Found the hottest spot to be on the back of the DB at the top. FYI, the 128 is Fahrenheit...

View attachment 151752
View attachment 151753

From what I have found, it is not uncommon for these DBs and other CAMs to run hot...My LaView DB highest temp. is around 130 F. It has been running for over 3 years now. Where I live, it can get over 100 degrees during the summer months here...
Kind of looks like that's where the processor is, from those FCC photos.

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 09.28.13 copy.png