Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
It seems so many on the Left would love for hydroxychloroquine to fail, just to prove Trump wrong.
Really, really, NO!

We would love this treatment to succeed wildly. And it shows promise. But it's bad for a president to instill hope in a treatment that has gone through so little clinical testing (for this purpose), to the extent that people hoard the drug and make it hard for people that routinely take it for SLE etc. to experience challenges. There is a reason we do clinical trials to verify safety and efficacy for existing therapies for new indications.

Believe me, we have plenty to prove him wrong about already with respect to Coronavirus. We are very happy to give him this one!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Really, really, NO!

We would love this treatment to succeed wildly. And it shows promise. But it's bad for a president to instill hope in a treatment that has gone through so little clinical testing (for this purpose), to the extent that people hoard the drug and make it hard for people that routinely take it for SLE etc. to experience challenges. There is a reason we do clinical trials to verify safety and efficacy for existing therapies for new indications.

Believe me, we have plenty to prove him wrong about already with respect to Coronavirus. We are very happy to give him this one!

I would love for it to work too. I have about 15 months of use of the drug for Malaria over many years during trips to mostly Indonesia. I can tell you that when taking it for a couple of months you can feel "strange" at times, But for me the benefits outweighed the effect.
But if the President had not approved its usage we would not have known for probably over a year.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The same way the UN has imposed sanctions on Iran and North Korea due to uranium enrichment and underground nuclear programs, a similar action might just come into play with a biomedical standpoint as well, preventing countries facilitating the operation of virology labs. However, when you have an official at the W.H.O in close ties with where this virus emerged, then all goes haywire.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Computer modeling may help determine when the next mutation might occur

By the way, I absolutely appreciate the graphic designers that put these animations together. Makes learning how the cell works in such a invigorating way. Check out their other videos as well. :)

Last edited:

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It seems so many on the Left would love for hydroxychloroquine to fail, just to prove Trump wrong. And it really shows the level of their TDS.
Seems like an odd thing to say. . . I know a lot of people that don't want to see him reelected but not one of them shares that view. I for one, a 70+ yo transplant patient, would be ecstatic if a preventative vaccine or curative treatment were found today.
We can disagree on policy issues but when it comes to science, its science.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you all think there should be legal repercussions if someone refuses to undergo COVID-19 testing? And if so, what legal actions should be taken against that individual?
Check out this "super-spreader" COVID-19 is a 'bootleg' virus

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope everyone is wearing a mask every time they venture outside for groceries and such

Everyone, and I mean everyone, should be wearing a mask outside. We all need to be a model for one another. :)

Boob mask works as well

1585691908432.png

costib

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just wanted to share this, for those who didn't saw it. Watching this situation from exterior of the USA and it looks "bad"... Take care everyone!

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I just wanted to share this, for those who didn't saw it. Watching this situation from exterior of the USA and it looks "bad"... Take care everyone!

More than 709 dead here today, so far.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Its literally a wake-up call for countries to not be overly dependent on one another as many here have already said

He said the state placed an order for 17,000 ventilators from China for $25,000 each, but it expects to get just 2,500 California, Illinois, the federal government and Italy also ordered the same ventilators.

Interesting,

Barboots

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've always felt that foreign investment in Australia, from one particular direction, poses an extreme imbalance due to the difficulty/impossibility of taking place in reverse. I find it unacceptable that I wouldn't be permitted to buy a house next door to a person who bought next door to mine. However in Australia this has been allowed to occur, and it's certainly to the detriment of young citizens who want to own their own home.

I'm pleased to see the grubbyment are taking steps to control acquisitions in the current environment.

Corona-virus:

Concerns that Chinese state owned companies will purchase for a "song" companies and land in Australia:

"China should be made to pay reparations for the outbreak of the coronavirus, but given they are unlikely to do so "maybe (Australia) can take back the land that their foreign owned corporations have as damages" says Nationals MP George Christensen.

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg has set the dollar value which would trigger a review into a foreign investment bid to zero, meaning all foreign investment bids reviewed by the Foreign Investment Review Boarded will be weighed up against the national interest.

Mr Christensen the treasurer understands public sentiment is against letting "state-owned corporations out of China swoop up and pick up Australian companies and Australian farm land for a song".

"It's not in the national interest to have state owned corporations owning Australian companies," Mr Christensen said. .."

I'm a big believer in applying the same laws/rules to certain non-citizen of their own countries. For example, in Mexico, Americans can not own real estate, you can only lease it for 100 years or something like that. Mexican nationals therefore should not be allowed to own real estate in the USA as a reciprocal implementation of what I would propose. And, if in China one can only own a 49% stake in any entity then those rules should apply to Chinese nationals in this country.
It's a nice feeling to be on the ignore list.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Really, really, NO!

Who'd have guessed?...

"Woman Who Ingested Fish Tank Cleaner Is Prolific Donor to Democrat Causes"

Sent using Tapatalk

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score