Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
He did. But he did not say the general public should use these methods. He suggested we explore them. Doctors and scientists specifically. This is just like the hydroxy fiasco where the media ran out and said he told everyone to drink aquarium cleaner.

Couple of points on this that you probably won't hear on CNN....

There is research going on with LED infused trach tubes that would output UV light into the airways AKA "inside the body"

He said we should look into disinfectants that can be taken internally. He didn't say poisonous Lysol. He didn't say bleach. Is alcohol not a disinfectant? Hydrogen peroxide? Maybe there is no way to use these successfully internally, but he only suggested looking into it.

He has since said he was only being sarcastic. But jeez, the media just loves picking everything apart.
The media's animus toward President Trump over the hydroxychloroquine and disinfectant topics isn't doing anyone any good--just fueling more hate and divisiveness. We can't know for certain, but I'd bet a substantial amount that those who hate our president would rabidly defend the same comments had they come from O'bama or Clinton. And when would CNN's Blitzer ever call O'bama 'chicken?' Never. The double standard is pathetic.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
The media's animus toward President Trump over the hydroxychloroquine and disinfectant topics isn't doing anyone any good--just fueling more hate and divisiveness. We can't know for certain, but I'd bet a substantial amount that those who hate our president would rabidly defend the same comments had they come from O'bama or Clinton. And when would CNN's Blitzer ever call O'bama 'chicken?' Never. The double standard is pathetic.
The difference is that Neither Obama nor Clinton, nor GW Bush for that matter (who I disagreed with politically), were dangerous lunatics with delusions of adequacy, intent on destroying the pillars of American statecraft.

Let's review: first the light and disinfectant thing: Sure, light and disinfectants have application in medicine. But Trump took a conversation about killing virus in the air and surfaces and started musing ...publicly... about injecting disinfectants and getting light into the body to kill the virus. This isn't a way to cure a SYSTEMIC VIRAL INFECTION. Come up with all the explanations to defend him you want, or latch on to his later claims of saying them facetiously (watch the video: he wasn't being facetious or sarcastic). But for gosh sakes, Lysol had to come out with a statement telling people not inject their products. I don't recall a similar event with any other president in recent history. Is Lysol part of some left wing conspiracy theory now?

I often wonder at what point will his loyalists wake up to the fact that he's an idiot. At this point I doubt they ever will, and I look forward to helping vote him out.

The HC thing is ridiculous. He had no place touting that (or any other) drug when he did. He should have just said there are several hopeful drugs and that his medical team would give details when there was evidence to show they helped. I'd love a simple and cheap drug to help, and so would every doctor out there, conservative OR liberal. Unfortunately, so far, every study I've seen that is properly controlled and vetted has shown little benefit or actually worse outcomes with HC. And it looks like combining HC (which has cardiac implications) with Azithromycin (which also has cardiac implications) is a double whammy that amplifies the possibility of cardiac problems. And unfortunately the first big Remdesivir trial isn't looking good either -in China the study ended due to low enrollment but the data they had so far wasn't great, other studies still going on ( Gilead Sciences Statement on Data From Remdesivir Study in Patients With Severe COVID-19 in China ). I don't hear the right wing establishment panning the media for reporting that bad news... why not?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The difference is that Neither Obama nor Clinton, nor GW Bush for that matter (who I disagreed with politically), were dangerous lunatics with delusions of adequacy, intent on destroying the pillars of American statecraft.

Let's review: first the light and disinfectant thing: Sure, light and disinfectants have application in medicine. But Trump took a conversation about killing virus in the air and surfaces and started musing ...publicly... about injecting disinfectants and getting light into the body to kill the virus. This isn't a way to cure a SYSTEMIC VIRAL INFECTION. Come up with all the explanations to defend him you want, or latch on to his later claims of saying them facetiously (watch the video: he wasn't being facetious or sarcastic). But for gosh sakes, Lysol had to come out with a statement telling people not inject their products. I don't recall a similar event with any other president in recent history. Is Lysol part of some left wing conspiracy theory now?

I often wonder at what point will his loyalists wake up to the fact that he's an idiot. At this point I doubt they ever will, and I look forward to helping vote him out.

The HC thing is ridiculous. He had no place touting that (or any other) drug when he did. He should have just said there are several hopeful drugs and that his medical team would give details when there was evidence to show they helped. I'd love a simple and cheap drug to help, and so would every doctor out there, conservative OR liberal. Unfortunately, so far, every study I've seen that is properly controlled and vetted has shown little benefit or actually worse outcomes with HC. And it looks like combining HC (which has cardiac implications) with Azithromycin (which also has cardiac implications) is a double whammy that amplifies the possibility of cardiac problems. And unfortunately the first big Remdesivir trial isn't looking good either -in China the study ended due to low enrollment but the data they had so far wasn't great, other studies still going on ( Gilead Sciences Statement on Data From Remdesivir Study in Patients With Severe COVID-19 in China ). I don't hear the right wing establishment panning the media for reporting that bad news... why not?
Implying President Trump is a lunatic doesn't serve your argument nor does it refute mine. It merely reveals your disdain and/or hatred.

Hypothesizing the benefits of a currently practiced or potential treatment should be taken at face value, not intentionally misconstrued to vilify the president. How would the media and others who hate Trump have reacted if Dr Fauci stood up to the microphone and said, "In the laboratory environment we're shifting the paradigm and exploring methods of introducing disinfectant, whether it be UV light or diluted Lysol and/or similar substances to attack the corona-virus. The theory is promising and could potentially have a groundbreaking outcome."

I wholeheartedly doubt there would be the same furor over that statement by those who are now lambasting President Trump since 2016--the opposite would probably be true--propped up by the media. That would belie disdain and hate toward the president rather than appreciation for rational discourse. Please, the
Reckitt Benckiser Group (they own Lysol) did not have to make any statement; they chose to. You may be surprised to learn that once upon a time, diluted Lysol was used inside women's' bodies in the form of feminine hygiene products--but medical officials found that it also killed healthy bacteria and had to be removed from the market. Is it so preposterous that historical data lend itself to modern science by suggesting a diluted form of disinfectant could and should be explored as a potential treatment for Covid? "Yes! Preposterous--if that suggestion comes from a successful billionaire businessman president that I didn't vote for!" The double standard is astounding.

I often wonder at what point will his loyalists wake up to the fact that he's an idiot. At this point I doubt they ever will, and I look forward to helping vote him out. Calling your president an idiot weakens your argument. I understand how difficult it must be for you and those like you whose candidate did not win in 2016. In today's social media environment it's near impossible to resist the temptation to try to parlay negative MSM media sound-bites into Trump-hating converts; I think you know the success rate is almost non-existent, as is the convert-level of those with a death-grip on hate in spite of overwhelming positive facts.

The HC thing is ridiculous. He had no place touting that (or any other) drug when he did. He should have just said there are several hopeful drugs and that his medical team would give details when there was evidence to show they helped. I'd love a simple and cheap drug to help, and so would every doctor out there, conservative OR liberal. Unfortunately, so far, every study I've seen that is properly controlled and vetted has shown little benefit or actually worse outcomes with HC. And it looks like combining HC (which has cardiac implications) with Azithromycin (which also has cardiac implications) is a double whammy that amplifies the possibility of cardiac problems. And unfortunately the first big Remdesivir trial isn't looking good either -in China the study ended due to low enrollment but the data they had so far wasn't great, other studies still going on ( Gilead Sciences Statement on Data From Remdesivir Study in Patients With Severe COVID-19 in China ). I don't hear the right wing establishment panning the media for reporting that bad news... why not? When you become president you can say things the way you like to say them. President Trump told us HC looked promising and that they're looking into it--they're hopeful--maybe, maybe not. Those were some of the words he used. Unfortunately, the MSM and the gullible twisted those words into a anti-hydroxychloroquine campaign when all the president was trying to do was offer hope.

There are advantages and disadvantages to taking any drug--heck Tylenol can kill you. Despite the prevailing media disinformation, there are two hard facts beyond the efficacy of the malaria drugs: 1) The media has revolted against the drugs simply because President Trump told us that they're looking into them as a possible course of treatment. The media will parrot any health professional if it suits their bias against Trump--that is not journalism; no matter, it works on the susceptible. 2) Many thousands of doctors are still clamoring for and using the drugs to successfully treat CV patients.

Last edited:

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
And it looks like combining HC (which has cardiac implications) with Azithromycin (which also has cardiac implications) is a double whammy that amplifies the possibility of cardiac problems.
The uncontrolled (what was the conditions of the patients prior to Covid-19?) study was on elderly Veterans, mostly Black, in their last stages of Covid-19, all were already intubated.

Your media knew where it came from and started early...
Didier Raoult.JPG

Here you can use YouTube's auto translate to see the Witchdoctor speak ;)

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Turning black after being affected by a virus....Hmmmm.....

Hmmm... Looks like a movie I have to check out...
( lol, watching far too many zombie type movies now with the lock down. Train to Buscan was good btw.. )

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm... Looks like a movie I have to check out...
( lol, watching far too many zombie type movies now with the lock down. Train to Buscan was good btw.. )
I liked Kingdom (TV series) better than Train to Buscan. I also enjoy Mr. Sunshine (TV series) another Korean show...but no zombies. :confused: Since I liked those two series I think I'll try out these other three that are recommended. I guess this pandemic is really going to test Netflix ability to stream from their servers.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Report that word was getting out among Doctors in China that a "sars" like outbreak was occurring before Christmas 2019.

Chinese Secret Police Trap my friend in China
130,627 views•Apr 24, 2020

serpentza
"He was warned about COVID-19 before Christmas 2019 by a doctor friend, State Security got involved!.."