Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dr John Campbell covers the recent publication of an article on the topic of SARS2 airborne transmission ( SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19, Corona Virus )

239 Scientists agree on Aerosolization transmission
Jul 8, 2020

Dr. John Campbell

It is Time to Address Airborne Transmission of COVID-19 (Clinical Infectious Disease, 6 July)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
PPE in the Year 2020

InRangeTV

PPE (Personal Protection Equipment) evolves over time and in this video I discuss the basics that are relevant now in the year 2020.

from the comment section:
"Pfff...people wanna be ninja their whole life but when they actually have the chance to wear freakin ninja gear, they don't wanna do it."

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm sure we all knew how this was transmitted from Day 1. This one didn't need scientific validation :rofl: How can we forget the 2003 outbreak? There's nothing new here, :lol: This is version 2.0; they'll be a version 3.0 when a vaccine becomes available and this virus mutates to something more drastic. World leaders love it when history repeats itself. pun intended

If we really want to destroy this virus and bring the number of cases to a standstill, there needs to be unified systematic approach. Every states needs to put their ideologies aside and think cohesively. Opening schools in the fall is probably the most dumbest thing I've heard in recent days (this will result in The Perfect CYTOKINE Storm, the classrooms will act as a catalyst for the virus's progression). Yes, parents are frustrated dealing with their kids at home, but why elect to having kids in the first place if parents can't put up with them. Home schooling is rapidly being adopted in other countries. Its only temporary! Schools shouldn't open until a vaccine is publicly available and that there are signs that infection rate has dropped nationwide; this is to reduce the odds of transmission and exposure. We are a country with states containing open-borders. Not every state is following the same protocol in terms of quarantine-requirements, etc.

I'm sure by now the virus has mutated in the United States to its own "exclusive" strain. I have the perfect nomenclature for this strain --- its called The American Dream

Dr John Campbell covers the recent publication of an article on the topic of SARS2 airborne transmission ( SARS-CoV-2, COVID-19, Corona Virus )

239 Scientists agree on Aerosolization transmission
Jul 8, 2020

Dr. John Campbell

It is Time to Address Airborne Transmission of COVID-19 (Clinical Infectious Disease, 6 July)

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
An update on my wife's condition for anyone interested:
-Still no results from the Tuesday swab. I'm told Quest (who runs them for CVS here) has a 7-8 day turnaround except for ones coming from the hospital (1 day turnaround on those).
-She was doing a little better yesterday evening and even got some appetite back, but then woke me up at 4 am with shortness of breath. She was really scared. I dropped her off at the ER.
-The good news is her O2 levels were fine and her lungs are ok; no pneumonia (yet). The shortness of breath was due to congestion and drainage. She was discharged with an O2 monitor so she can tell what's serious and what isn't with that.
-She was swabbed again for COVID-19 and should have results tomorrow since it was a hospital-based test. Her diagnosis provisionally is COVID-19; she apparently is taking a fairly common path through it. A televisit yesterday with MDLive also said COVID-19 was the likely cause of her symptoms.
-She's now quarantined on doctor's orders (guest bedroom, but I believe if I am to be infected it has already happened); as a precaution I'm isolating myself and will mostly stay at home for a while and only go out for drive through or widely distanced things. Her period of maximum infectivity (if really COVID) was probably last Saturday through this past Wednesday or so, but it's not a hard and fast thing.

So far me and the kids have no symptoms. Taking it day by day.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
As long as you stay isolated that should mitigate the chances of retransmission

An update on my wife's condition for anyone interested:
-Still no results from the Tuesday swab. I'm told Quest (who runs them for CVS here) has a 7-8 day turnaround except for ones coming from the hospital (1 day turnaround on those).
-She was doing a little better yesterday evening and even got some appetite back, but then woke me up at 4 am with shortness of breath. She was really scared. I dropped her off at the ER.
-The good news is her O2 levels were fine and her lungs are ok; no pneumonia (yet). The shortness of breath was due to congestion and drainage. She was discharged with an O2 monitor so she can tell what's serious and what isn't with that.
-She was swabbed again for COVID-19 and should have results tomorrow since it was a hospital-based test. Her diagnosis provisionally is COVID-19; she apparently is taking a fairly common path through it. A televisit yesterday with MDLive also said COVID-19 was the likely cause of her symptoms.
-She's now quarantined on doctor's orders (guest bedroom, but I believe if I am to be infected it has already happened); as a precaution I'm isolating myself and will mostly stay at home for a while and only go out for drive through or widely distanced things. Her period of maximum infectivity (if really COVID) was probably last Saturday through this past Wednesday or so, but it's not a hard and fast thing.

So far me and the kids have no symptoms. Taking it day by day.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Again prayers sent @Frankenscript . Gotta be nerve racking.

My Wife was exposed at her workplace. 3 of them came down with mild to moderate symptoms (and tested positive) about 3 1/2 weeks ago. She tested negative (took 5 days for results) and also later that week tested negative for antibodies. I didnt get tested based on those results. So far so good.

Im working from home full time since March and dont venture to too many places, always with mask and wipes. Never in crowds. She's back to going into the office, but its only 12 people, they distance themselves well in separate offices, and they're all required to wear masks. She showers every day upon coming home first thing, and sheds clothes into the washing machine upon entry. Because she flew to PA 7 days ago, we;re social distancing at home and she sleeps in the guest bedroom (her choice). Not sure any of that makes a difference, but we're being extra cautious.

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Best to her Frankenscript - hope she doesn't have it!

But there is always someone willing to verify Darwin's Theory:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Again prayers sent @Frankenscript . Gotta be nerve racking.

My Wife was exposed at her workplace. 3 of them came down with mild to moderate symptoms (and tested positive) about 3 1/2 weeks ago. She tested negative (took 5 days for results) and also later that week tested negative for antibodies. I didnt get tested based on those results. So far so good.

Im working from home full time since March and dont venture to too many places, always with mask and wipes. Never in crowds. She's back to going into the office, but its only 12 people, they distance themselves well in separate offices, and they're all required to wear masks. She showers every day upon coming home first thing, and sheds clothes into the washing machine upon entry. Because she flew to PA 7 days ago, we;re social distancing at home and she sleeps in the guest bedroom (her choice). Not sure any of that makes a difference, but we're being extra cautious.
Thanks!
It looks like you and your wife dodged the bullet but are taking all appropriate cautions. Makes sense.

Work exposure is tough to deal with; my wife got whatever it is from her work for sure because she was home for three months straight with only a few brief outings (I took her to the grocery story for wine... :) with masks and hand wipes aplenty) and we use very strict protocols. She is a health care provider who works with kids, and can only do so much via televisits so she was enthusiastic about returning to in person visits due to being able to better connect with the kids, despite the risks. I salute her dedication.

I wish you all the very best health this summer.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been switching between two masks for the last 6 months. I think that's going to give rise to a whole new infection. Woke up this morning with a headache, chest congestion, and slightly stuffy nose, colloquially-speaking. Last night, had to sleep early because I had back and shoulder pain. Earlier yesterday morning I paid a visit to Target for some groceries (some customers were coughing and attempting to hoard disinfecting wipes before being intervened by store manager); it was the first time I held a cart without gloves; I also also went into a neighbor's home and was informed about someone with history of COVID-19 from early-March in the exact spot I was standing. Had me puzzled. All this coinciding with Tropical Storm Fey. I was wearing an old N95 mask. I know they can be reused only a finite number of times (with certain caveats in mind). I hope I'll be okay; the fluctuating weather to me is to blame; have had the AC cranked up high; the humidity is unbearable. I'm still 99% SpO2 with 98.2 degrees Fahrenheit temperature reading.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What you're saying is disturbing, but true. The virus is really getting out of control. More time spent fantasizing vs. getting everyone back on track. This whole phased reopening is futile if all states can't keep up. Meanwhile, they'll find another way to keep stimulating the economy via stimulus checks. To me this the way to get away acclimated to technology; making everyone work remotely. This is going to change social life radically posing new health risks. We've become a laughing stock for the CCP. We shouldn't be allowing bullshit to prevail.

Once again, it doesnt cost $3000 per shot and if Big Pharma cant get stupid rich off of it, then you dont need it!
A plasma shot could prevent coronavirus. But feds and makers won't act, scientists say

I'm sorry but setting aside the front line docs and nurses, the medical industry is severely borken. Much like their masters in the Insurance Industry.
We're all simply potential revenue.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Subsidiary of CBS, but interesting mini-documentary,

Oh the irony

Toner is a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security and a world leader in pandemic preparedness. The threat of a novel coronavirus is not new to him. In fact, in October 2019, Toner and the team at Johns Hopkins ran a coronavirus pandemic simulation in New York, months before COVID-19 started spreading across the world. As part of the half-day, tabletop exercise, Toner met with other health professionals to walk through a theoretical coronavirus outbreak and examine how governments and private businesses would respond.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Once again, it doesnt cost $3000 per shot and if Big Pharma cant get stupid rich off of it, then you dont need it!
A plasma shot could prevent coronavirus. But feds and makers won't act, scientists say

I'm sorry but setting aside the front line docs and nurses, the medical industry is severely borken. Much like their masters in the Insurance Industry.

We're all simply potential revenue.
Ok, that's three times recently in this thread where we agree.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been switching between two masks for the last 6 months. I think that's going to give rise to a whole new infection. Woke up this morning with a headache, chest congestion, and slightly stuffy nose, colloquially-speaking. Last night, had to sleep early because I had back and shoulder pain. Earlier yesterday morning I paid a visit to Target for some groceries (some customers were coughing and attempting to hoard disinfecting wipes before being intervened by store manager); it was the first time I held a cart without gloves; I also also went into a neighbor's home and was informed about someone with history of COVID-19 from early-March in the exact spot I was standing. Had me puzzled. All this coinciding with Tropical Storm Fey. I was wearing an old N95 mask. I know they can be reused only a finite number of times (with certain caveats in mind). I hope I'll be okay; the fluctuating weather to me is to blame; have had the AC cranked up high; the humidity is unbearable. I'm still 99% SpO2 with 98.2 degrees Fahrenheit temperature reading.
I hope you get better soon!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"A new whistleblower steps forward at great personal risk. She says the Chinese regime knew about the virus long before telling the world. "

Dr Li-Meng Yan / Li-Men Yan
Doctors knew by end of 2019.
Knew of human to human transmission by Dec 31 2019.
Warned not to ask details. Keep silent.
She fled Hong Kong now..
She has co-authored a number of COVID-19 articles, including Viral Dynamics in mide and severe cases of COVID-19 in the Lancet

news section starts here ( note NTD is anti CCP.. )

Fox exclusive: