Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Sounds promising. I'm encouraged. I will dig in to learn more about the SAEs but since they were not considered a threat to trial safety they are probably routine. Will be good to see what the next, larger trial gets in terms of results and SAEs

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
These days If you're not investing in Biotech stocks, then I don't what else there is to fruitfully invest in. I can't afford corporate giants like Apple and Tesla. Biotech is the way to go. :D
Yeah, they got a 4%+ bump today...

The Biotech stocks remind me of the dotcom stocks in 1999

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
These days If you're not investing in Biotech stocks, then I don't what else there is to fruitfully invest in. I can't afford corporate giants like Apple and Tesla. Biotech is the way to go. :D
You can make a small fortune with Biotechs... You just have to start with a big fortune.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
It's going to be a long day at work, but I leave you guys with this post. If this doesn't concern you, despite differences in politics and preference for news sources, then nothing will.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It may raise questions about "transparency", but what about reports that in FL ALL tests are being reported as positive, or that if not that, all negative tests are not being reported? Either way, that certainly makes all the results look questionable no matter how "transparent" they may be and makes CDC control of that data a little questionable to say the least. Perhaps the Administration is trying to get the real numbers rather than fudged numbers.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I feel like the politics should not come before lives. However, in reality, it really is. I can see how the country is wasting a lot resources simply by pointing fingers. I don't know when common sense will take precedence. A road in my area was perfectly fine, but the transportation department broke up the road again (its only been a year), just to repave it. They could have reallocated those resources to additional speed cameras / traps in the interest of public safety. Clearly, politics is making decisions for the country on a daily basis. Democracy seems to only favor elected official's personal interests and not "we the people". There shouldn't be one person expressing his concern to an elected official only for it to be buried under a a rug.

It's going to be a long day at work, but I leave you guys with this post. If this doesn't concern you, despite differences in politics and preference for news sources, then nothing will.

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
It may raise questions about "transparency", but what about reports that in FL ALL tests are being reported as positive, or that if not that, all negative tests are not being reported? Either way, that certainly makes all the results look questionable no matter how "transparent" they may be and makes CDC control of that data a little questionable to say the least. Perhaps the Administration is trying to get the real numbers rather than fudged numbers.
The errant numbers in FL were mistaken at the source, not by the CDC. And remember the Florida government accidentally goofing the numbers to show steady improvement to fit the reopening narrative, then firing the statistician that tried to blow the whistle?

Getting a copy of the numbers to HHS is fine. Shutting CDC out of the loop is unconscionable and likely being done for corrupt purposes so he can control the "facts" to suit his narrative.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess you can only see nefarious intentions which is your right. I see the CDC as being somewhat, shall we say, confused and off the mark on too many occasions with the CCP virus to put all my faith in what they have to say. Maybe, just maybe, an outside group of people with expertise can be more clinically analytical than a politically analytical and entrenched governmental entity. Who knows? Maybe it's worth a try and that data is also available to anyone who takes the time, and effort, to find it which means it can be spun in any direction the data miner desires.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Re the FL reporting numbers thing:
Some labs were only reporting positive tests. So 100% of their reported numbers were positive.

While this on face may sound nefarious, I think it’s more just a misunderstanding as to what they needed to report. There was no benefit for them to report “false” numbers.

Bottom line it doesn’t change the number of positive tests. It simply skews the positivity rate. So yes we are indeed exploding as to number of cases, but the percentage of pos vs neg was skewed.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry, but my cynicism is showing here. They "didn't know" what numbers to report? I guess they've been living on another planet or in another, alternate, universe. I'm just a layman and casual observer and yet I know, from simply watching the news, that ALL results, positive, negative and failures, are supposed to be reported. Now whether it was an error of titanic stupidity or a nefarious effort is a question. Given that the people involved are, supposedly, smarter than your average wabbit, the second choice does seem a heck of a lot more plausible, at least to me.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Time to trademark COVID-19. Its a trademark of the WHO :lmao:

Also, C---this is BS,

Last time when the stock market at big crashing, i asked guys to buy stocks, just 2 months, increas too much, can earn a lot, lol.
Another bad news for Amazon, they make limite for shipping stocks to Amazon warehouse again.

View attachment 66419

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry, but my cynicism is showing here. They "didn't know" what numbers to report? I guess they've been living on another planet or in another, alternate, universe. I'm just a layman and casual observer and yet I know, from simply watching the news, that ALL results, positive negative and failures, are supposed to be reported. Now whether it was an error of titanic stupidity or a nefarious effort is a question. Given that the people involved are, supposedly, smarter than your average wabbit, the second choice does seem a heck of a lot more plausible, at least to me.

Can’t disagree and not defending anyone, I’m just saying at the end of the day it doesn’t change the actual number of people testing positive (cases) or the number in hospitals or dead.

The only thing this error/malicious act changes is the “positivity rate” or the percentage of positive/negative of those tested. An interesting data point but regardless of if it was 1% or 99% it is an error that has little tangible meaning other than for trend analysis.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It doe have the effect of the media using lighter fluid for "hair gel" prior to setting their hair on fire. I find that fairly negative and disgusting. One of the major "headlines" on many stations yesterday was 100% positive testing in FL show a terrible trend. Frankly, if the CDC was worth its' salt, they wouldn't have published those numbers unless and until they were verified as accurate, but that's just my opinion based on common sense.