Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
She should have just owned the mistake of not checking the regs, relying on the stylist was wrong, mea culpa, move on. It would be over by now, what with Trump's crack about voters in NC should vote by mail then go to the polls.... This is a much more tangible transgression.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Perspective:

"Let them send it in and let them go vote," Trump said in an interview on Wednesday with WECT-TV in Wilmington, North Carolina. "And if the system is as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote" in person.

He was making a point

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Perspective:

"Let them send it in and let them go vote," Trump said in an interview on Wednesday with WECT-TV in Wilmington, North Carolina. "And if the system is as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote" in person.

He was making a point
I'm not defending Pelosi. She made a bad mistake. But Trump is effectively telling his followers to (pick one):
A. Vote twice
B. Mob the polls, causing confusion which will prevent people who didn't vote by mail from getting their chance to vote.
C. Create a voting day ruccus so he can sue to invalidate the vote if it goes against him.
D. All three above

He is well aware of the reduced in person voting capacity due to the pandemic and having hordes of people show up to verify their mail in ballot was counted is not something they can handle.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
He's doing none of the above. Most of our side is smart enough to understand what he's saying. He's making a point that duplicate votes will be possible and that mass mail in voting isnt a good idea, unless you plan on cheating.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Typical. Blame someone else when you are wrong. Try to take credit when something goes right.

Again, she is a LAW MAKER. Only a low information voter would believe she did not know she was getting special treatment and breaking the rules.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
How much time has she spent in California in the last few decades?

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score
Perspective:

He was making a point
They always Twist his wording on purpose. It is they, the false news and Democrat politicians, who commit 23.3 lies a day, not Trump.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The Prime Minister there wants to open the country back up in a few weeks. Its been an economic disaster for everybody. Both leaders of India and the US have a lot in common when it comes to putting their country first.

Bummed that India is having a surge like this. But, given their population of 1.4B, we are having more cases per day per capita than they are. So they should close borders to keep us out, not the other way around...

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The thing is, our friend @Frankenscript who I admittedly ride too hard sometimes, isnt a dumb guy, I know you're an educated intelligent individual. And mea culpa I should show more respect sometimes. He knows whats going on and sees through most of it just like we do.

But even with the daily evidence, let alone historical evidence of Democratic party lying, cheating, (RussiaGate anyone), open hypocrisy, and as of late, openly inciting violent tactics to attempt to sway and/or scare voters on the other side, they still defend the party. Ends justify the means approach to our government and society.

I've never been able to get a legitimate answer as to why and this results in us not being able to have a reasoned factual argument over policy. We can't get there because my team wont get past the lies, cheating, hypocrisy, or underhanded tactics.

BobRegnar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They don't have a policy until they're issued their marching orders which are subject to change momentarily depending upon the direction of the breeze.

And one doesn't "follow the science" as they are so fond of parroting. Science is a process which necessarily follows the facts (which aren't yet in evidence). It doesn't predict. That's a theory. Conjecture.
The so-called science of fighting this disease has yet to be written and it will be written years from now not six months ago.

It should be obvious to everyone that the plan to hype the fear and reaction to this disease was pushed beyond all reason in order to blame it on Trump as the dems are attempting to do now.

Don't the hypocritical actions of we-don't-need-no-stinkin'-masks-when-the-cameras-are-off Fauci and Pelosi and every other democrat law giver, rioter, spring breaker, sturgis rallyer and fake case and death numbers prove it?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
One of the best explanations I heard was:
Trump supporters take him seriously, but not literally.
Trump's opponents take him literally, but not seriously.

The way this pandemic thread has turned political just reinforces my belief that the handling of covid-19 is driven much more by politics than by science.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The Vaccine Race is on. Tomorrow we will know whether or not humans will have the ability to lift up a car in the air fully (figure-of-speech)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
One of the best explanations I heard was:
Trump supporters take him seriously, but not literally.
Trump's opponents take him literally, but not seriously.

Nailed it!

Almost exactly what I tell a liberal friend who happens to be one of the few I can discuss politics with and still have a rational conversation.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Many only count the actual deaths (suicide, etc) of the lockdown. I agree that number is a lot lower than the covid deaths (which we don't really know the true numbers). The real damage is done to the economy and livelihoods of nearly all people. I wonder if these riots would have happened if people had not been on lockdown for the last 6 months with no jobs and no money. People have a breaking point that can't be measured.

Armed&Overclocked

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
She should have just owned the mistake of not checking the regs, relying on the stylist was wrong, mea culpa, move on. It would be over by now, what with Trump's crack about voters in NC should vote by mail then go to the polls.... This is a much more tangible transgression.

i concur entirely on this. i can understand her need to seek a stylist or something as she is very public facing and as a result needs to maintain her appearance. and having recently gotten my first hair cut since covid started (first professional that is) i'd be a hypocrite to judge her too much.

i can judge her how she has handled it after. she should of owned the mistake and if she legit thought that the regs allowed for 1 customer at a time then she should of stuck with that and said it was her fault for not looking at them more in-depth. hell even if that wasnt the case she whould of just stuck with it anyway. She could easily go out and say that she doesnt spend much time in california as her actual job involves her being in the DC area.

Many only count the actual deaths (suicide, etc) of the lockdown. I agree that number is a lot lower than the covid deaths (which we don't really know the true numbers). The real damage is done to the economy and livelihoods of nearly all people. I wonder if these riots would have happened if people had not been on lockdown for the last 6 months with no jobs and no money. People have a breaking point that can't be measured.
i wonder if anyone has plotted a correlative graph based on the rise in violence as the CAREs act ran out. i know a lot of people in highly affected locations were relying on the improved unemployment wages to offset not being able to work, or work full time.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
How about taking a headcount of the the political affinity of those committing the violence?

I’m sure there probably is a correlation.

Losing your handouts isnt a free ticket for violence. Lets not go down the path of justification for those who commit violence.

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
They are programmed to think and react to certain stimuli in a certain pattern. You can't change their mind even if you expose them to authentic information, even if you prove that white is white, and black is black, you still cannot change the basic perception and illogical behavior or viewpoint. The process of indoctrination is irreversible.