Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

windguy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was at the Emergency Department last night. In addition to my previous chief complaint, the attending physician diagnosed me with Acute Bronchitis (Viral). I had to pick up multiple medications at the pharmacy :banghead:
My throat feels like complete crap at this point accompanied with chills, headache, fever, and congestion.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon. But if you don't, and things start to go down hill, do you have any un-installed camera gear I can have?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
"Liu Zhiming, director of the Wuchang Hospital at the epicenter of a deadly coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan, China, has died from COVID-19 "

China has also released some stats...

"The report by the CCDC shows the province's death rate is 2.9% compared with 0.4% in the rest of the country.
The findings put the overall death rate of the Covid-19 virus at 2.3%."

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Lol, I’m going to likely recover well before the zombie apocalypse becomes reality. On another note, this can’t be real

In prepper jargon, zombies are hoards of people looking for food and water.

Its funny how fictional television ends up relating to real life. Capt. Kirk in Star Trek had his communicator while Spock had his tri-corder.. and today, we walk around with smart phones.

The "zombie apocalypse", as is joked upon within the prepper community, is a reference to desperate people migrating out of the population centers, and who are dirty and seeking food, water and shelter.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Someone from the future wrote every Star Trek series. Star Trek is the way of life according to most fans, lol

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Someone from the future wrote every Star Trek series. Star Trek is the way of life according to most fans, lol
Roddenberry was a genius of entertainment.... In one show, he covered pretty much every type of literary conflict.. Man vs. Man, Man vs. Himself, Man vs. Nature, etc.. but people who think it is anything more than just entertainment are not playing with a full deck of cards.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Roddenberry was a genius of entertainment.... In one show, he covered pretty much every type of literary conflict.. Man vs. Man, Man vs. Himself, Man vs. Nature, etc.. but people who think it is anything more than just entertainment are not playing with a full deck of cards.
What? You mean you never saw Galaxy Quest?? ;)

Murphy625

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What? You mean you never saw Galaxy Quest?? ;)
One of these days, or maybe it's already happened, real aliens are going to come cruising through our solar system and see earth... and when that happens...

They'll most likely roll up the windows, lock the doors, and accelerate the hell out of here as fast as they can.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
One of these days, or maybe it's already happened, real aliens are going to come cruising through our solar system and see earth... and when that happens...

They'll most likely roll up the windows, lock the doors, and accelerate the hell out of here as fast as they can.
Ok, now the movie remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still comes to mind, where the govt woman mentions what happens when a technically advanced civilization comes upon a more primitive civilization.

I wish they appear during my life span... :highfive:
Be careful what you wish for (or more precisely, the Chinese proverb ( or curse) ), "May you live in interesting times", comes to mind...

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

Hell, ya need to point your IP cams up! :goodpost:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
This from a guy who buries cosmolined guns in his back yard. :)
Okay, for all you cosmoline gun buryin', water filtratin', food stockin', hatchet carryin', fire makin', shelter buildin', ham radioin', N95 maskin' son of a guns remembered to stock potassium iodate tabs AND have checked the expiration date recently?