Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Let this be a neon sign to all those overly-sensitive snowflakes that bark "closing borders doesn't work and is racist, zenophobic, etc"... Save your feelings. I'd rather save my life.
Including the W.H.O. who called our ban unnecessary

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes a little late.. we should see more cases there...

Russia closes border with China to prevent spread of the coronavirus
PUBLISHED THU, JAN 30 20207:48 AM EST
Thank gawd we shut down our border with China said all those labeled as xenophobes... :rofl:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey, a lot of us snowflakes WANTED strict limits on visitors, strong quarantine and isolation as appropriate, and very high level of testing early on, but the govt didn't enable tired party testing until Pence figured out we were screwed already.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hey, a lot of us snowflakes WANTED strict limits on visitors, strong quarantine and isolation as appropriate, and very high level of testing early on, but the govt didn't enable tired party testing until Pence figured out we were screwed already.

Sure. It is a classic case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. Have you noticed, Trump can do NOTHING right? Even scoops of ice cream are served wrong with the guy.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Eww...gross!

"Coronavirus can remain in air for 3 hours, live on plastic for days, new study says"

And you thought a fart lingering around was bad.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Text came in this morning from one of my doctors: "<Redacted> Medical Patients: If you believe you have been exposed to the Coronavirus and need to be tested, please go to the nearest <Redacted> Urgent Care. "

So I called this "urgent care provider" who -- after waiting an hour on hold -- I told that I've been home sick with flu-like symptoms for the past 3-days. They essentially told me that, in order to qualify for corona-virus testing, I would have had to have licked a toilet seat in Wuhan China within the past 14-days.

FuQ this.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

fyi - CDC first corona virus test kit was designed to detect iirc 3 different virii.. and had issues. ( I have not read the fine print yet ). That was a major cluster fck... we'll have a good chance to get more details in the future and properly assign "credit" for it. ( failures do happen - would be good to have redundancy )

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey Q, did you get a flu A/B test yet? Having a positive flu test would probably suggest you don't have COVID-19 and might indicate Tamiflu or something like it could help.
If it comes back negative that would really suggest prioritizing the Coronavirus test.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Exactly, however some doctors will want further testing if flu A/B test is positive. No need to panic :)

Even this flu season, some may experience mild flu-like symptoms, but this would not be indicative of flu or COVID-19. There are nasty particulates floating in the air. I coughed in the car yesterday miserably for several seconds, but later realized it was fueled by a little anxiety and highly-acidic meal I had that morning.

Hey Q, did you get a flu A/B test yet? Having a positive flu test would probably suggest you don't have COVID-19 and might indicate Tamiflu or something like it could help.
If it comes back negative that would really suggest prioritizing the Coronavirus test.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wally-mart check

Looks like it got hit this last few days.

Low on Cough meds.
Rubbing alcohol unable to locate.
Peroxide only a few bottles left.
No hand sanitizers
No soft soap
Out of numerous cleaning / disinfectant products
Out of massive amount of TP ( the store previously had tons of it )
99% out on rice and other dried goods
Out of various canned items.
Low on canned tuna / spam..
Some peanut butter and jelly out - still had a selection to pick from.
Eggs significant reduction of supplies.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Holy macro, this is from the movie Contagion,

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Following advice on social distancing, I did today's grocery run early in the morning rather than at peak rush hour evening hours. My grocery store was low on TP (not out) and no hand sanitizer to be found. But most everything else was pretty much in stock.

I didn't panic-buy but did pick up extra stuff to tide us over in case we have to hang out at home. I bought stuff I can use to make a spaghetti sauce good for five night's dinners. Extra pasta. Some extra eggs, flour, baking stuff. Cheese and some extra PB&J. An extra frozen pizza to toss in the freezer. Extra of my favorite soda. Extra coffee my wife likes. Stuff like that. All routine items we use, nothing that will be wasted.

Tonight I'm cleaning out pantry, freezer, and fridge and making a list of stuff I forgot while there. Onions! Garlic! I expect they will still be there waiting for me when I return later this evening during the quiet time before close.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wife just got off a phone conference with he locums (traveling doctor) group. She has forbidden me to publicly disclose what was said, but I can tell you that their planning includes contingencies for domestic air travel shutdown and state border blockades. I wish I could write more. Just know they are now in overdrive to get their hospitals prepped. They are unambiguous that this is not the flu and it is unprecedented in scale and impact.

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just came back from Walmart here in Southern Jersey. There was not one roll of Toilet paper or energy drinks in the store.
Come on, what are people thinking that they are going to shit their self to death!
Geez...

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk