Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Harvard prof arrested.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good to see you Q. Are you and Mrs. Q feeling better? Any test results?
Ahhh. The ongoing saga: The Testing of Mrs. Q™.

So you may remember that Mrs. Q™ finally got scheduled for Covid-19 testing last Sunday night at 5:30 PM. So I fuQed up pretty bad on Sunday afternoon and Mrs. Q™ was VERY VERY VERY PISSED OFF at me. So 5:45 PM rolls around and she texts me "YOU MADE ME FORGET TO GO TO MY TESTING!!!"

"Yikes"...I text back..."Leave now you're 10-minutes away from the drive-though testing location...you'll be there @ 5:25 PM...and that's hardly late at all".

She doesn't answer.

Later, after she has forgiven me, I get the testing story.

She arrived at 5:25 PM. Major military and police presence at the test site. NO ONE ELSE IS THERE TO BE TESTED. That's right...NO ONE...perhaps word has spread as to how nasty Mrs. Q™ gets when she's pissed...anyway she's the only person apparently present to be tested. But even though she's the only person/vehicle present, she still has to drive though multiple Military/Police check points. "DON'T ROLL DOWN YOUR WINDOW LADY!" and "TURN OFF YOU AIR-CONDITIONING!" they direct. There are multiple checkpoints to traverse and her identity is confirmed at each checkpoint. She finally reaches the final stop and a person in full Contagion PPE tells her to roll down her window and does a nasal swab on her. "Results in 24-48 hours...move along!" She needs to create an account to get her test results; her password must be "at least 8 characters, 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character"...fuQin' Fort Knox, eh? No results to date; I'll let ya'll know when her result comes in. As I've said previously...she'd be JUST ABOUT DEAD had she been at risk and infected when she first called to get tested many moons ago.

I had Mrs. Q™ take a picture for you guys...

checkpoint.png

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Ahhh. The ongoing saga: The Testing of Mrs. Q.

So you may remember that Mrs. Q finally got scheduled for Covid-19 testing last Sunday night at 5:30 PM. So I fuQed up pretty bad on Sunday afternoon and Mrs. Q was VERY VERY VERY PISSED OFF at me. So 5:45 PM rolls around and she texts me "YOU MADE ME FORGET TO GO TO MY TESTING!!!"

"Yikes"...I text back..."Leave now you're 10-minutes away from the drive-though testing location...you'll be there @ 5:25 PM...and that's hardly late at all".

She doesn't answer.

Later, after she has forgiven me, I get the testing story.

She arrived at 5:25 PM. Major military and police presence at the test site. NO ONE ELSE IS THERE TO BE TESTED. That's right...NO ONE...perhaps word has spread as to how nasty Mrs. Q gets when she's pissed...anyway she's the only person apparently present to be tested. But even though she's the only person/vehicle present, she still has to drive though multiple Military/Police check points. "DON'T ROLL DOWN YOUR WINDOW LADY!" and "TURN OFF YOU AIR-CONDITIONING!" they direct. There are multiple checkpoints to traverse and her identity is confirmed at each checkpoint. She finally reaches the final stop and a person in full Contagion PPE tells her to roll down her window and does a nasal swab on her. "Results in 24-48 hours...move along!" She needs to create an account to get her test results; her password must be "at least 8 characters, 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character"...fuQin' Fort Knox, eh? No results to date; I'll let ya'll know when her result comes in. As I've said previously...she'd be JUST ABOUT DEAD had she been at risk and infected when she first called to get tested many moons ago.

I had Mrs. Q take a picture for you guys...

View attachment 58911
Testing aside, how are you guys FEELING? It's like a month or more since it started for you right?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Here’s the official government link, :facepalm:

Pretty soon there will be 5 minute tests thanks to Abbott

News just emerging that UK PM Boris Johnson was admitted into the ICU

You have got to be fuQing kidding

View attachment 58912

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Testing aside, how are you guys FEELING? It's like a month or more since it started for you right?
Bro...I put in to (2) 14-hour days Saturday amd Sunday at the new house...which apparently hasn't been updated (or apparently cleaned) since 1960. Mouse-shit everywhere...plumbing problems...electrical problems...carpentry problems....everywhere. I'm so fuQing beat-down I wouldn't know if I was dying of ConjoboVirus or suffering from another of those 1970 acid flashbacks.

Tacid.jpg

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Harvard prof arrested...
So she says "...this is enough raw material for social media special agents to join the dots..."

@Arjun, are you out of your fuQing mind? Where the fuQ do you come up with this garbage? Do you think that this is important...that we need to watch garbage such as this? That bitch and her conspiracy pitched compatriots can "connect the dots" all the way to my hairy ass.

chair.gif

Last edited:

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Very good mask making instructions:

I will be making one via the no-sew instructions. I noted earlier that I couldn't find any for sale and got ragged on this. Let me clarify: I'm a handy guy (most of us on this forum are). I've rewired a house; I've moved a bathroom; I've done basic concrete and masonry. I've painted, assembled, and done just about everything there is to do with tools at some point in my life, except I never had a chance to weld (maybe someday!).

But a man's got to know his limitations. Mine is needle and thread. If it involves sewing, I just don't have the skill to do anything other than the most embarrassing hack job.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Bad case of TDS...want Trump prosecuted for crimes against humanity for mentioning hydroxycloroquine. Sad that this is the "best" representative they could find to send to DC.

This is only the beginning, You know they will bring Impeachment charges against him again, they are working hard on something.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
This is only the beginning, You know they will bring Impeachment charges against him again, they are working hard on something.
The American people will hold him accountable in November. No need for more impeachment efforts.

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My concern around the name is more with the "flu" part than the "Wuhan" part. It emerged there, fine, and we often label things based on point of origin. The virus has since been renamed, and the disease itself has a name now, time to move on .

Note that the Spanish Flu (a real flu) may well have emerged in the USA. Just we were censoring news reports at the time while in Spain they could still talk about it.

That's a good point. Many are still thinking covid-19 is like flu. Just read news that an American expert said covid-19 will come back next season because it can't be eliminated this season.

What? there is no evidence it is seasonal, it causes chaso wherever it goes, east, west, hot and cold, there is no evidence that when it will end

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
LOL :lol:

We need to start taking the internet with a grain of salt. Snopes.com
Having fact checkers is the first sign that the public, media, and government can't establish trust among each other. :facepalm: Most folks don't even dig deep into these issues. Everyone is just going based on the current status and guidelines on TV.
What reforms can be done? At this point, I think we should consider all possibilities. Conservatives vs. Liberals, its quite a mess; so most will elect to avoid thinking about it from a political standpoint
This pandemic wasn't supposed to be politically-driven, but its come to point that may be it has. :(
In one of his talks, Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai ridiculed Harvard's School of Public Health. Are we supposed assume that he's creating a false perception that east controls the west? Do we trust anyone with a PhD? This guy wants to run for senate. Although, the video that @Oceanslider posted makes us think of all the possibilities

So she says "...this is enough raw material for social media special agents to join the dots..."

@Arjun, are you out of your fuQing mind? Where the fuQ do you come up with this garbage? Do you think that this is important...that we need to watch garbage such as this? That bitch and her conspiracy pitched compatriots can "connect the dots" all the way to my hairy ass.

View attachment 58916

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
People are wondering why India and the African continent have some of the lowest cases of COVID-19 in the world.

There can be several reasons (Here are some reasons based on what a few told me. Note that some reasons are purely subjective)

(1) Populations of both parts of the world are in Malaria territory, hydroxychloroquine is prescribed to many people there, although there is no definitive proof that this drug acts as a remedy
(2) People there simply have a stronger immune system (being exposed to much worse; walking and eating dirt) and can better fight off the infection (before it gets worse) in-spite of showing mild symptoms.
(3). In India in particular, there's been a few reports over the fact that various spices and other ingredients used in food has a high potency to helping prevent or fight off potential infection

Now the following reasons are actually believable,
(1) There are not enough doctors. nurses, health personnel to attend to COVID-19 patients. Taking into account the ratio of doctors to patients in a given geographic setting. Therefore, there is inadequate testing
(2) There are insufficient number of testing kits available
(3) Not everyone is coming in to actually undergo testing. Both parts of the world account for over a third of the human population
(4). Fewer hospital beds compared to the rest of the world
(5). India is on a 21-day lockdown.

At the end of the day, the Immune System will be majorly responsible for much of the reaction towards this virus

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Going forward, I'm focused on getting information from the journals now. There is too much mixed information beyond that point. It is even better to avoid anything opinion-based unless the author can provide primary-sourced citations.

Apparently JUST LIKE YOU.

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now the following reasons are actually believable,
(2) There are insufficient number of testing kits available
(3) Not everyone is coming in to actually undergo testing. Both parts of the world account for over a third of the human population
I more believe in because testing isn't widely available and people are not being tested.
Korea got many confirmed cases once they started testing aggressively, but that's the way to find any potential risk to stop it from spreading.
Any that's how it looks when America started doing more testing (animated chart of confirmed cases over time):