Pandemic threat? Anyone else concerned?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: At least 63 people on Martha's Vineyard have tested positive for Covid-19 since Barack Obama's maskless 60th birthday bash - the most cases on the island since April

A total of 63 people on Martha's Vineyard have tested positive for Covid- 19 since former President Barack Obama's 60th birthday extravaganza last Saturday, more than any week since April.
-snip-
Hundreds of people attended Obama's birthday bash Saturday, flying in from around the country and congregating under tents where partiers danced, ate and drank the night away on his estate in Edgartown.
He gathered with friends Thursday at the Barn Bowl & Bistro, joined a larger kick-off celebration Friday at the luxury Winnetu Oceanside Resort.
Obama followed up his party with a brunch Sunday at Beach Road restaurant, dining under a specially-erected marquee beside the water in Vineyard Haven.
Martha's Vineyard was already experiencing a new surge in cases when Obama, preparing to welcome 500 guests to his mansion, announced his party would be 'scaled back' amid criticism as the Delta coronavirus variant spread across the country.
-snip-
Many of the guests flew in by private jet and stayed in Edgartown, the center of the island's COVID resurgence.

74 people in Martha's Vineyard have tested positive for Covid since Obama's 60th birthday bash | Daily Mail Online

Comment: I saw video for Obama's birthday party. No social distancing and no masks.

Oceanslider

Known around here
Reaction score

“Mass vaccination in the middle of a pandemic is prone to promoting selection and adaptation of immune escape variants that are featured by increasing infectiousness and resistance to spike protein (S)-directed antibodies (Abs), thereby diminishing protection in vaccinees and threatening the unvaccinated.”
Good one

1628915529499.png

Last edited:

iwanttosee

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So what you are saying is the both vaccinated and non-vaccinated people are equally getting Covid.
That's not what the evident says at the source. You really need to go to the source and read it for yourself.

According to Israel government's CDC, the vaccinated people is less likely to contract the covid19, they are less likely to be severely ill if they do contract the virus.

Severely Ill table is what you should be looking at. Vaccination prevent most people from being severely ill. It's not that hard of a concept.

Chrome can translate Hebrew into English.
1628933253828.png

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
That's not what the evident says at the source. You really need to go to the source and read it for yourself.
Here's an article that goes along with the Israel data: FDA knew all along there would be many COVID cases among the fully vaccinated—and buried that knowledge

I don't agree with all of its conclusions, but if the raw data is correct, it's very damning. This is what the article is based around:
“Among 3410 total cases of suspected but unconfirmed COVID-19 in the overall study population, 1594 occurred in the vaccine group vs. 1816 in the placebo group [who received a saltwater shot].” It is an accurate quote, and the FDA document that it came from is here:
What's beyond my expertise is context, which might affect the conclusion drawn from this statement. In trying to understand more I ran across some "interesting" information on page 24. In determining the shot's efficacy, the covid affliction data was gathered 7 days after the 2nd shot. But for the supposed real data that's reported to us, a person isn't "fully vaccinated" until 14 days after the 2nd shot. That would mean that somebody who tests positive between 8 and 13 days after the 2nd shot was deemed a success in the trials, but is unvaccinated for the fear mongering data we're being bombed with. From reading some of the document, there are too many measurements to find any consistency. For counting a covid case, it can be "confirmed", "evidence of", "suspected" or "unconfirmed". With all these different measurements it's easy to see how the result could be made into just about anything somebody wanted it to be. I could not find a definition of any of them in the document. Maybe there's something analogous to standard accounting practices that would add context. Perhaps the highly knowledgeable contributors to the thread could explain what these different measurements are and why mixing them doesn't poison the end results.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
New study:

French Study Published In Journal Of Infections Claims That ADE Or Antibody Dependent Enhancement Is Occurring In Delta Variant Infections!

A new study by French researchers from Aix-Marseille Université has alarmingly found that ADE or antibody dependent enhancement is indeed occurring in infections with the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant.

The study findings were peer reviewed and published in the Journal of Infections.

Lots more to read including several links

ETA - Apparently this is the same study posted on page 409 here, the link does offer opinion and insight of the study and a few other links.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is heartfelt and excellent Covid-19 info from an actual ICU nurse. She breaks down all the stuff we know in a simple and honest way, as she might explain it to a patient. She covers the safety of Ivermectin, the unknown consequences of the vaccines, exposes the bullshit hospital case numbers, etc. This is nuclear bomb material, better than the Michael Yeadon vid IMO because she is a real girl-next-door kind of person. She doesn't say anything crazy or conspiratorial, very well spoken and passionate, factual. She ends up with the Nursing Oath, and concluding that we are the only ones who can make it stop by demanding our freedoms back.

Bravo young lady.

https:/rumble.com/vl2uxz-icu-nurse-youre-being-lied-to-about-covid..html

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to link to this. It's pretty typical:

"Iceland is one of the most vaccinated countries in the world. But that didn’t stop the tiny island nation from catching a whole lot of COVID in recent weeks.
Although the natural, immediate response to this news might be panic, experts who spoke to The Daily Beast said that Iceland’s recent surge in infections—fueled by the new Delta variant of the novel coronavirus—is probably a sign that herd immunity is within reach over there.
What’s happening in Iceland right now might be one of the final stages in the long, often painful process by which a country achieves some form of population-level herd immunity against a dangerous virus."

I think I'm finally getting it...

1. Orange man bad. Doesn't have anything to do with what he does or says. Orange man bad.

2. Covid jab good. Doesn't matter what it does or doesn't do. Covid jab good.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
One of the CDC spokespersons mentioned last year that every one of us will be contracting COVID "eventually"
Yes, this is true. Covid is a corona virus, as is the common cold. Apparently the medical community has been studying the corona virus for over 40 years, and never came close to a solution for that, but they came up with a solution for a more deadly variant of it in less than a year? And now the solution doesn't work against the D variant, although it is not clear if it supposedly provides any protection against the variant or not.

Things that make one go "Hmmmm" :wtf:

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Severely Ill table is what you should be looking at. Vaccination prevent most people from being severely ill. It's not that hard of a concept.

Chrome can translate Hebrew into English.
View attachment 98346
I wish people would stop referring to this as a vaccine. Vaccines provide you immunity from something. We were told that it was 90 something percent effective. Now that "vaccinated" people are getting infected and their previous efficacy claims have been shattered, the experts now want us to believe the "vaccine" is for lowering your response to the infection. No. Stop. That's a treatment. I know, it's semantics, but when you want me to believe some expert and put an untested drug in my body, it's kind of a big deal to me. Do you see why some of us are reluctant? Every day it's a new explanation to cover up yesterday's bad science.

vac·cine
/vakˈsēn/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease.
    "there is no vaccine against the virus"

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
So this new, whizz bang, expensive, vaccine is actually a therapeutic and not a vaccine. In the mean time real therapeutics, like ivermectin and hydroxychloriquine, are being ignored and basically banned. No money in them since they're off patent. Between the politicians and the medical community we're being sold a bill of goods that is killing far too many people, literally killing them, just so they can line their pockets.

wpiman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Someone should post a link to the Khan Academy page here for general statistics. So much poor inference here..