PTZ fails after firmware update

amla

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have same Problem as most of users. After Firmware Update PTZ is not working. Can someone help me mit right Firmware ... Actauly installed is Firmware as attached in picture. I think the version beofore upgrade was from 2020-06-03 .. but I am not sure. Hope someone can help me. Thank YOU

firmware.jpg

wrybak

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have the same problem as the rest of the users have, I installed XMEye and the camera updated, basic functions do not work.

Can someone tell me which software I need to upload? I tried 3 times and nothing...

zapis.PNG

Please help

rpech94

n3wb
Reaction score
hello everyone, i bought an NG4RT-53718P-30X speed dome 5MP camera one month ago and have PTZ lost, that's a big problem with all these clone of chinese camera. You pay but no services, no technical support....I'm very angry with that and would appreciate to find a way to install an old working firmware or a tool to reset or authorize another firmware upload. Thanks to the communauty of users. This morning I bring the camera to the shop, but they don't know how to find a solution, we are sorry "don't upgrade ! why did you do that? it's now your fault, the warranty does not work, we are seller only and can't change it for a new model."
I think they are wrong, because updating is for security, 179€ for a shit like that, next time I will buy HIKVISION or DAHUA for real service. I'm now waiting for the repair, they says perhaps they have to send it back to the factory in china. (I live in France!!!!) They said if you are hurry, buy another one!!!!!

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have the same problem as the rest of the users have, I installed XMEye and the camera updated, basic functions do not work.

Can someone tell me which software I need to upload? I tried 3 times and nothing...

View attachment 80389

Please help
I just noticed that I am only able to use focus on 2 of my 9 cameras, could it be a network or ONIVF issue?

dedede

n3wb
Reaction score
hello everyone, i bought an NG4RT-53718P-30X speed dome 5MP camera one month ago and have PTZ lost, that's a big problem with all these clone of chinese camera. You pay but no services, no technical support....I'm very angry with that and would appreciate to find a way to install an old working firmware or a tool to reset or authorize another firmware upload. Thanks to the communauty of users. This morning I bring the camera to the shop, but they don't know how to find a solution, we are sorry "don't upgrade ! why did you do that? it's now your fault, the warranty does not work, we are seller only and can't change it for a new model."
I think they are wrong, because updating is for security, 179€ for a shit like that, next time I will buy HIKVISION or DAHUA for real service. I'm now waiting for the repair, they says perhaps they have to send it back to the factory in china. (I live in France!!!!) They said if you are hurry, buy another one!!!!!
which camera you had? not that crap local brand NGSIEHsDf-something. Which software did you use? Version information about camera?

rpech94

n3wb
Reaction score
IMG_5105.PNG
chinese hikvision clone or ali express clone : no sd card, no sound duplex, no wifi, just PoE and PTZ sony captor x30 5Mpix, no tracking mode,
PTZ is too fast can't reduce the speed, very hard to control it so I made the upgrade thinking it would solve the problem, now it's worse no PTZ anymore!
HI3516EV300_85H50AI soft v5.00.R2.000529B2.10010.040600.0020000 serie 700fff616731953a used the XMEye Pro on my phone
Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

dedede

n3wb
Reaction score
View attachment 81411
chinese hikvision clone or ali express clone : no sd card, no sound duplex, no wifi, just PoE and PTZ sony captor x30 5Mpix, no tracking mode,
PTZ is too fast can't reduce the speed, very hard to control it so I made the upgrade thinking it would solve the problem, now it's worse no PTZ anymore!
HI3516EV300_85H50AI soft v5.00.R2.000529B2.10010.040600.0020000 serie 700fff616731953a used the XMEye Pro on my phone
Thanks for the help!
It can be fixed without sending to china or anything like that, if it still boots after local shop fix attempts

rpech94

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes the camera still boot and sending picture but just not respond to any ptz command I hope the local shop will find something for me I'm going to call them today to have some news...if a newer firmware comes out on xmeye pro can anyone download it here for sharing and test?

rpech94

n3wb
Reaction score
the problem was fixed by the shop with the last firmware, now everything seems ok, thanks for your help

RSSNZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I have managed to work out a fix for both dead PTZ and Pink haze as listed below. But what I am now after is any info on PTZ setup namely Auto Tracking, is that an option on these? I haven't tried XMEYE app yet but am looking to get into the PTZ OSD Menu if that is possible via IE web interface or a Config program. Cheers

I bought a similar camera to this 30x PTZ XM based. Purchased 25.03.2021 in NZ
Camera arrived Blurry image (out of focus) and no response from PTZ controls for PT zoom or focus. using IE and Net Surveillance plugin
I am a CCTV tech and am a little familiar with Quali which use XM chip.
I managed to connect to Dahua NVR via Onvif but no PTZ functions and still out of focus.
After changing every relevant setting I still had no fix
Contacted supplier who has not yet replied and has relisted a new item, I will be interested to see whether they reply as even though I managed to revive the camera it would have been a paperweight had I not had the clues I have and persistence. This forum helped a lot.
I tried updating FW several times but it failed. I kept hunting, found the XM website and selected Chinese and searched for FW. None appears in the English site. Google translate helped here to navigate to the page. But there was no FW matching my Camera. I found the one linked on this forum a few pages back
ПО и прошивки для камер видеонаблюдения Dahua, Hikvision, XM
This worked but after having no luck updating via the web interface I used Device Manager which I also found via a link in the earlier parts of this Thread. Then IP search, Selected the camera and performed a FW upgrade. The process said it worked but it appeared the camera still showed as having the original FW version number. However upon testing the PTZ feature now worked.
I then waited until dark to check the Pink haze issue which sure enough came along.
I noticed the camera was initially OK and IR working well until a car drove past and its lights were caught in the camera, at that point the camera went from B&W to Pink or Magenta.
I noticed in light areas it had colour, I went into the Web interface again and selected B&W for Day Night mode, This was on Star IR. it switched the camera into B&W and fixed the issue which I believe is simply due to the IR lights giving off a strong Red glow and the image sensor still looking for full colour. I will run it again tonight to test again but hopefully this has fixed both issues, the camera works great with my basic Dahua NVR as well as mobile phone control via DMSS platform. Pretty happy, now to try setup Auto tracking. I will list that question above as that is my current focus.

robak8888

n3wb
Reaction score
hello everyone, a month ago I bought a 3MP NZ4RN-34718-30X high speed dome camera and lost my PTZ. You pay, but no services, no technical support ... device version XM530_80x30t_8M
current software V5.00.R02.000309ED.10010.348700.00200.10 2021-01-25

Attachments

RSSNZ

n3wb
Reaction score
hello everyone, a month ago I bought a 3MP NZ4RN-34718-30X high speed dome camera and lost my PTZ. You pay, but no services, no technical support ... device version XM530_80x30t_8M
current software V5.00.R02.000309ED.10010.348700.00200.10 2021-01-25
Hi, did you try upgrading FW? That has helped in many cases. Also who did you get it through?

dedede

n3wb
Reaction score
Great advice - upgrade firmware on a custom-hacked camera and guaranteedly lose PTZ :) That's what he has done already, because there's no PTZ firmware with that release date

Last edited:

RSSNZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Great advice - upgrade firmware on a custom-hacked camera and guaranteedly lose PTZ :) That's what he has done already, because there's no PTZ firmware with that release date
Im well aware of the FW PTZ issue and have recovered similar models successfully. What I am suggesting is to look at fixing the issue by updating the firmware to a stable version that recovers the PTZ fault. As opposed to looking for a physical fix. Perhaps I didn't word it clearly enough for some people but can we please keep focus of getting the camera running rather than critical assumptions.

dedede

n3wb
Reaction score
Im well aware of the FW PTZ issue and have recovered similar models successfully. What I am suggesting is to look at fixing the issue by updating the firmware to a stable version that recovers the PTZ fault. As opposed to looking for a physical fix. Perhaps I didn't word it clearly enough for some people but can we please keep focus of getting the camera running rather than critical assumptions.
There is not such thing as "stable firmware that recovers PTZ fault", so please no need to make excuses, just do not advice people to upgrade firmwares

Update done by accident in xmeye
Now you need to get the custom firmware for this board, that has PTZ enabled.