PTZ1A225U-IRA-N 2MP 25x Starlight

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I am getting ready to mount the camera tomorrow. I have already changed the address to match my Hikvision NVR. Here is a couple of pictures of the wood mounting I made for the camera. It is tapered to match the roof line. The RJ45 connector will go out the bottom of the junction box. All the other wires will remain inside the J-box.

Dahua PTZ.JPG

Dahua PTZ 1.JPG

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I mounted the camera today. I mainly bought this camera for the better night time vision over the Huisun V10 camera it replaced. The day time pictures are pretty much the same. I will say I am quite please with the difference. Here are the comparisons with the Huisun V10 on top and the new Dahua on the bottom.

Camera 4 Back Huisun V10.jpg Dahua PTZ 3.jpg.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
One interesting side note when I hooked the camera up to my Hikvision 7608NI-E2/8P NVR the camera would not come on line. Double checked everything to no avail. I have two Hikvision NVR's with the other being a 7608NI-I2/8P with one empty port. So I made the changes to it and plugged the camera into it. Viola it came right online. What a relief.

CrusaderNZ

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
With the mount you made to attach to your fascia, is the camera tall enough to see over the top of your roofline?

Zor

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this pic with your ir illum on? Do you see the night bugs, flying micro creature and spider webs with this camera? (not kidding).
How does video look? Thinking of buying one. thanks.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
With the mount you made to attach to your fascia, is the camera tall enough to see over the top of your roofline?
I did mount it a little higher on the roof line so it is better to a degree and I can see over the roof line to a point. I will post a picture later today of the installation. However I have cameras in the front of the house to cover things if I want to look in that direction.

Edit: I will say the camera can see maybe 270 degrees with the way I have it mounted.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this pic with your ir illum on? Do you see the night bugs, flying micro creature and spider webs with this camera? (not kidding).
How does video look? Thinking of buying one. thanks.
I do not have the IR on and any bugs that are flying around are doing so independent of the camera. The bugs are not an issue for me. Video and the night vision are greatly improved as that was one of the reasons for purchasing the camera. In all honesty the Huisun was pretty good during the day time.

I do have street lamps in the general area and that helps out with the lighting. IMHO purchasing this camera was the right decision for me. All my cameras are now starlight or better with a minimum of a 1/2.8" sensor. The Huisun camera was the last of the original cameras that I had purchased. I have now upgraded all 15 cameras.

I am waiting for a good starlight camera with a higher MP. When that comes out here we go again on some upgrades. Hahahahaha

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
@Parley - I don't know how windy it gets by you, but where I live the wind induces a little shake to the image. I can actually see the camera moving a little.
We rarely get high winds where I live so that is not an issue for me. We did have some gusts yesterday as a front moved through but I did not notice anything unusual with the camera.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
A little update. The winds are blowing 20+mph and gusting into the mid 30's and the camera is holding steady.

CrusaderNZ

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic Parley. I want to put it right at the peak on my roof using the wall bracket for it. I thought I could get a metal spacer made between the bracket and the bottom of the camera to lift the height of it up to see over the peak of the roof, if the camera isn't tall enough to do so; which judging by your picture it won't be. I want to be able to use it to see in to both my back and front gardens as well as the street and park next to my house.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic Parley. I want to put it right at the peak on my roof using the wall bracket for it. I thought I could get a metal spacer made between the bracket and the bottom of the camera to lift the height of it up to see over the peak of the roof, if the camera isn't tall enough to do so; which judging by your picture it won't be. I want to be able to use it to see in to both my back and front gardens as well as the street and park next to my house.
Maybe post a picture of the location where you want to mount the camera. That way we can toss around some ideas to accomplish your goal.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I can see making something out of wood to push the mounting surface to the edge of the "rain gutter" from the facia. Then a "flat piece of wood" attached to that in order to raise the mounting point higher to the elevation you want. The "flat piece of wood" is what the Dahua bracket would be attached to. I would paint the wood same color as your trim.

CrusaderNZ

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That would certainly be the cheaper option. I have spare paint from the trim if I decide to go the wood route. I also have the roof (metal) paint for the Dahua bracket.

If I make the camera much taller though with a custom metal insert between the camera and the Dahua wall bracket (making it look like it came from the factory that way), I could get a good view of the protected wetland bird reserve over my back fence, and the hills behind it.

To right of that I'd have this view of the mountains:

And I'd also have a view of the Pacific Ocean, which is about a mile to the left of the first shot.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
That would certainly be a nice way to go. You know your skills and materials at hand better than we do. Looks like you do have a few options in which to achieve your goals. Let us know how it turns out.

CrusaderNZ

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just thought of an even easier way. Cut the mount in half and weld in a hollow piece of box tube to the desired height. And if it needs extra stabilization, I can attach a guy-wire from the roof to it.

I have a friend who works at a sheet metal factory who could get this done and powder-coated for me; probably for free too.

I can't find any side on pictures of this mount, so this will have to do for my crude MS paint mock up:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Something along those lines would definitely work. I assume the metal used in the casting is weldable.

CrusaderNZ

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I assume it is aluminium, so should be fine. I'm also toying with the idea of just attaching it to the top of a mast, like GuitarKin's one is in his nice little snow demo vid.

I currently have a line of sight problem between my TV aerial and the transmission tower (which is on those hills behind my house), thanks to a very big neighbouring tree. So seeing as how I was already looking at getting a taller mast custom made for it (and moving it from where it currently is on the end of my roof). I may just kill two birds with one stone. I could even put a weather station on it whilst I'm at it - which would probably also help make it look less like a real world, digital version, of the eye of sauron to my neighbours :lol:

Last edited: