PTZ1A225U-IRA-N 2MP 25x Starlight

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
It appears you did not use a large a enough blade driver.....that large slot is there for a reason, because aluminum is soft. The large driver slot gives you more surface to apply pressure to remove plug.

Reaction score
It appears you did not use a large a enough blade driver.....that large slot is there for a reason, because aluminum is soft. The large driver slot gives you more surface to apply pressure to remove plug.
That may be true, but there is only a small section in the center that is deeper than the rest of the slot. I used a blade that fit into the deeper part of the slot. In any case, no plug should be that difficult to remove. Hell, it's not doing anything but filling in a hole!

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
LOL, that deeper indent is for the people who don't have the right tool. Since you want to remove plug anyway I wouldn't say it's useless, just buy a big driver and it will come out. Aluminum is sticky but might be more water tight than plastic.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That may be true, but there is only a small section in the center that is deeper than the rest of the slot. I used a blade that fit into the deeper part of the slot. In any case, no plug should be that difficult to remove. Hell, it's not doing anything but filling in a hole!
I wonder if it was painted in place. I would have tried smacking it with a rubber or rawhide mallet. Or maybe one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Reversible-70006-Applications-Disengage-Fasteners/dp/B01F5XOFFM/

I was going to suggest a larger screwdriver and found this: Milwaukee 5/16 in. Slotted 6 in. Demolition Screwdriver-48-22-2860 - The Home Depot
the question now is how did I make it this long without owning a demolition screwdriver :love:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
I am glad to hear that it is smaller than you thought. Mine should be on its way.
Do me a favor please, and check the knockout plugs on your junction box. I still haven't gotten mine out. Really unhappy with this part, and the quality control on it. The wall mount is fantastic, it extends it out from the wall a little more than most mounts.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do me a favor please, and check the knockout plugs on your junction box. I still haven't gotten mine out. Really unhappy with this part, and the quality control on it. The wall mount is fantastic, it extends it out from the wall a little more than most mounts.
You might check if the plugs are the same size as the aluminum weatherproof boxes at home depot and lowes... looks similar in size. Those plugs are also al and can be a pain too, you might be able to get a replacement plug.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One issue I don't like about the firmware on this camera, is you can't put in a 0.0.0.0 IP address for the Gateway in Network setup.
Another invalid IP will accomplish the same thing. Just use an unused ip on your subnet or even a different private subnet like 10.10.10.253

Reaction score
Another invalid IP will accomplish the same thing. Just use an unused ip on your subnet or even a different private subnet like 10.10.10.253
Only an IP address within the same subnet as the camera, will work for the Gateway address. If i use 10.10.10.253, as soon as I do the SAVE and error pops up saying it's not in the same subnet. Seems they have added some logic to the firmware to detect the subnet.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Okay, my camera showed up today. Very fast shipping by Andy. Thank You, Andy. The 2 knockout plugs on my junction box came out just fine with a large screwdriver. I have the wall mounted bracket so I will not be using the junction box.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Okay, my camera showed up today. Very fast shipping by Andy. Thank You, Andy. The 2 knockout plugs on my junction box came out just fine with a large screwdriver. I have the wall mounted bracket so I will not be using the junction box.
that is fast, can make some videos to show us that would be great. Thanks.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I will add that I have had no problem changing the IP address on like 20-25 cameras. The last one I had to "initialize" it with a particular Dahua config tool. So that was new to me. Now to find out why I cannot get the green check mark with this camera using the Dahua config tool but I get the yellow triangle saying there is a password problem. Hmmmmmm I am using at least 8 characters. I am using a combination of letters and numbers. I have tried capitalized and punctuation marks. Hmmmmmm

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you logged into the camera on the default IP first to change the password (required on the latest firmwares)?

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes. I am going to give it another try in a few moments after resetting the camera again. Thank you for the suggestion. I have been making a new mount for the camera as the one Andy sent has to big of a "footprint" to mount to the beam on my roof. Now back to the camera after giving it a rest and my brain a rest.

Reaction score
Yes. I am going to give it another try in a few moments after resetting the camera again. Thank you for the suggestion. I have been making a new mount for the camera as the one Andy sent has to big of a "footprint" to mount to the beam on my roof. Now back to the camera after giving it a rest and my brain a rest.
I kindof had the same problem as you when first setting up the camera. But I just entered the default IP in Firefox and used the default login and password and I was immediately prompted to change the password to a more secure one.

As far as the mount, the base is the standard size Dahua uses on many of their wall mounts. You could attach it to the beam with just the top 2 bolts, and seal up the end. Or, mount it to a board using the 4 bolt holes and attach the board to the beam, using 2. Mine mounted to a PFA120 junction box almost like it was designed for it.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I finally found a solution to my password problem. First of all I believe I was in a catch 22 situation. My password has a "period" in it and the Dahua Tool Box Config File does not like periods. So to get around that I hooked the camera straight into my PC laptop. I also have a separate power supply for the camera. Then I changed the IPV4 address in the laptop to match the IP address of the camera which is 192.168.1.108 and typed that into the header. Viola it worked. When the camera software came up on the screen I then changed things over to internet explorer. That way I avoided the "plug in" software problem. Now I have another method of getting access to my Dahua cameras.

I also made my own camera mount out of 3/4" wood which I have painted white to match the trim of the house. I decided to use the junction box that came with the camera to give it a little more elevation.

One more thing on the two plugs in the junction box that some had difficulty getting them out. I only loosened them at first and all seemed well. When I went to take them all the way out they wanted to bind. So I put some Kroil oil in the threads for a few minutes and worked them back and forth some and then they came right out.

Last edited:

Zor

n3wb
Reaction score
I just did a new Dahua starlight camera, and I spent a long time before figuring out the only way I could initialize it was directly thru the browser interface, after changing the IPV4 of my PC. I believe that is the way they are doing them to force the customer to change the default password, and the camera appears to be incompatible with the Dahua tools for setup now (in regard to changing the password to get initialized). Once it is out of the initialization state, then you can change the IP thru SmartPSS or other tool. I could have missed something, but that was my experience as well.
I am watching this PTZ, and expecting to get one in a bit. Interested to hear how it progresses.