Reolink - good & bad

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
if you want to setup teamviewer on your blue iris pc, I can log in and check settings on the pc and nvr...

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you want to setup teamviewer on your blue iris pc, I can log in and check settings on the pc and nvr...
never did that but if you will I don't mind but, I appreciate all this attention and time, I hope it helps others.

What would it look like or be under maybe I can find it?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
never did that but if you will I don't mind but, I appreciate all this attention and time, I hope it helps others.

What would it look like or be under maybe I can find it?
I dont know what settings page it would be under or if it even has that option...
you would download teamviewer from their website...select one time install...then send the id and password via pm...you will be able to see everything i do..

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont know what settings page it would be under or if it even has that option...
you would download teamviewer from their website...select one time install...then send the id and password via pm...you will be able to see everything i do..
Ok but you need to access the NVR? The NVR is separate and not on any windows PC, how would you access it. Do you have any idea where the setting would be in general, I might be able to find it. You are saying the 'bandwidth adjustments' are normally done through NVR or BI?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok but you need to access the NVR? The NVR is separate and not on any windows PC, how would you access it. Do you have any idea where the setting would be in general, I might be able to find it. You are saying the 'bandwidth adjustments' are normally done through NVR or BI?
yes i would...the NVR has to have an ip address that can be used to log into the interface....bandwidth settings would have to be in the nvr..

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes i would...the NVR has to have an ip address that can be used to log into the interface....bandwidth settings would have to be in the nvr..
I got to download a nvrclient through reolink, I don't feel like having anymore NVR junk from reolink on my computer.. Let me see if reolink has an answer

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I got to download a nvrclient through reolink, I don't feel like having anymore NVR junk from reolink on my computer.. Let me see if reolink has an answer
no, there should be no client needed...you can log directly into the NVR using internet explorer

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no, there should be no client needed...you can log directly into the NVR using internet explorer
It says "Please left-click the following icon to download and upgrade the plugin."

And makes me download "dvrwebclient" - is there something I am missing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It says "Please left-click the following icon to download and upgrade the plugin."

And makes me download "dvrwebclient" - is there something I am missing?
that is a web plugin, but generally you only need that to view video, you can change settings without it.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that is a web plugin, but generally you only need that to view video, you can change settings without it.
Ok, I cannot unless I download.

My issue is with the reolink, I am going to be looking into a new setup and take the hit as a lesson learned. The FPS on BI is 30fps it lags choppy, when it says 7fps it is smooth and I don't notice any difference in picture quality or if any not noticeable, this is all automatic. I know it has nothing to do with BI and only the camera.

Reaction score
I bought 4 ReoLink cameras during the Amazon Prime Day thing when they were on sale. I bought them before I even knew about this site.

The setup and use has been very easy. However, TWO of the four cameras I bought appear to be defective. They will not automatically switch to black & white mode when it gets dark. Instead they basically record a completely black scene. If I manually switch them to B&W mode everything is fine, but that is not acceptable. This happened instantly with one of the cameras and then suddenly started happening with the second one after it was installed for about a week.

ReoLink support has been helpful and courteous and issued an RMA but I'm really worried that the others will fail in the same way at some point in the future. I'm considering returning them all.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This was a reason for this thread, my hopes that this thread helped if someone needs it for the basic setup or if people want more out of it to go with a better setup than reolink, knowing what I know now I would stay clear.

You purchased from empirecity, what setup did you purchase? If I were you and you had the ability to return the reolink is to do so is my only suggestion, I would have returned it but I had these for awhile and cannot.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I notice a lot of reolink reviews are all one sided and great reviews anywhere you go, not knowing any better you'd feel you made a great choice with reolink, but learning more here I found out the opposite.

I feel I need to get my money out of this and keep them until they go out and then get a brand new setup, I'm sure in 1-2 years there will be a lot more upgrades and advances.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua has a lot of good cameras and what I will be going with if these ever fail.

I know reolink is not the best and it has its flaws.

But I am trying to use reolink with BlueIris and have lagging issues, does anyone have a way to get around this, I am using RLC-411

Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Dahua has a lot of good cameras and what I will be going with if these ever fail.

I know reolink is not the best and it has its flaws.

But I am trying to use reolink with BlueIris and have lagging issues, does anyone have a way to get around this, I am using RLC-411

Thank you
remember you are not using rlc411...you are feeding direct from the NVR....big difference...though will likely have the same issue direct...

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
remember you are not using rlc411...you are feeding direct from the NVR....big difference...though will likely have the same issue direct...
Great point, I wonder if that is better... I will hopefully be switching out from a 32AWG to a 23AWG and have some better results, if not I will look into BI settings, maybe FPS too high. While playing back recordings it is not choppy, only live.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok I found someone who said this setup worked.

Cameras' Interface
1. Make sure the Reolinks are using the most recent firmware.
2. Make sure the Reolinks are set to use "Baseline" in the H.264 profile setting.
3. Turn off 3D-NR.
4. Reboot the cameras.

Blue Iris
1. Set Intel hardware acceleration to "No" in the global settings.
2. Uncheck RTSP/stream timecode in each camera's video settings.
3. Raise the buffer to 20MB in each camera's video settings.

I use my cameras at a full 1440P with a bitrate of 4096 and have a delay of only a second or two when viewing the streams through the web server.

Be sure to turn off the UID and UPnP functions in the cameras interface under Network-->Advanced. I always block all IP cameras at the router just for good measure as they're accessible via Blue Iris anyways.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I used all these settings - no more lag/jumpiness but it looks like it is moving very slow or choppy in a way but not fully.

Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk

The reolink software that comes with the cameras does a better job in catching a smooth clean image and wonder what is BI setting that is not allowing for the same image as in reolink software...

Last edited: