Review-Dahua IPC-HFW1831C-PIR 4k Mini Bullet

karl1980

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
use configtool to set your ip address same as your network.
Dahua ConfigTool using Instruction
all installed, thx.

2 more things using the Smart Pss software;

- how do i raise volume alarm? how to trigger remotely?

- how to change the light from flashing to static if any movement.

I know BI is a great option but first would like to figure out the 'basics'

thx

karl1980

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
all installed, thx.

2 more things using the Smart Pss software;

- how do i raise volume alarm? how to trigger remotely?

- how to change the light from flashing to static if any movement.

I know BI is a great option but first would like to figure out the 'basics'

thx
hi guys? any feedback please...

karl1980

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi guys

thank you for all the support, truly a great place to find out a lot about IP cams etc. So my Dahuas are up and running but the only thing that botters me is to get constans alerts when playing in the garden (camera on the garden). anyway to get around this without turning the alerts off? Like a home/away type of function? I'm not using a NVR at the moment.

cheers

Gregjobs

n3wb
Reaction score
Good morning,

I've been looking to add a front door cam, poe, with 2-way for some time to my blueiris setup, this looks perfect but amongst all the reviews I haven't been able to find any example of the 2-way feature, from pc or app in BI to the camera, audio quality, etc... does anyone have any examples of the 2-way?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Good morning,

I've been looking to add a front door cam, poe, with 2-way for some time to my blueiris setup, this looks perfect but amongst all the reviews I haven't been able to find any example of the 2-way feature, from pc or app in BI to the camera, audio quality, etc... does anyone have any examples of the 2-way?
Two way works in blue iris.. @fenderman had a post about changing the pathway on audio. I'll try to post a video of the 2 way audio

Gregjobs

n3wb
Reaction score
Two way works in blue iris.. @fenderman had a post about changing the pathway on audio. I'll try to post a video of the 2 way audio
That would be a huge help, I wanted to see it, if possible, from the ground perspective, how it sounds to the person hearing it from the camera, and how it sounds in BI when that person is talking from X feet away IF possible, anything would help, thank you.

jiriteach

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All - After some help with the PIR detection settings on this IPC-HFW1831C-PIR. I've been trying to tweak things over the past few weeks and I have it probably ~ 95% sorted.

The issue I am having is in the evenings where car headlights seem to be triggering alerts and I have no idea what more I can do to stop this.
See the attached view and my current settings.

Any ideas or feedback?

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 20.27.02.png Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 20.27.11.png Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 20.27.19.png

Gregjobs

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All - After some help with the PIR detection settings on this IPC-HFW1831C-PIR. I've been trying to tweak things over the past few weeks and I have it probably ~ 95% sorted.

The issue I am having is in the evenings where car headlights seem to be triggering alerts and I have no idea what more I can do to stop this.
See the attached view and my current settings.

Any ideas or feedback?

View attachment 44053 View attachment 44054 View attachment 44055
Wouldn't that be set inside BI under your camera detection properties section about brightness? Not within the camera itself?

karl1980

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
me again,

I'm having trouble accessing my both cameras through their IP adress. For some reason both were set at the same IP. Even when changing it to 192.168.108 i get no access. Both camera's resetted / deleted, however without positive result.

Hoping for your usual help

regards

Attachments

karl1980

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try disconnecting one and add give them new IP's one at a time.
thx for the golden tip!
Both are working and streaming and now comes the record part.. each cctv has ab 128gb sd card and on the cctv settings i see motion detections in playback (see pic) however no size and no playback possible. When doing it via the smart pss: no records...

Motion settings look enabled and ivs activated via smart pss. All set to record in 4K, or should i lower resolution and increase fps?

what am i doing wrong?

btw: not so happy about the nightresults, pitch black...

Attachments

jiriteach

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thx for the golden tip!
Both are working and streaming and now comes the record part.. each cctv has ab 128gb sd card and on the cctv settings i see motion detections in playback (see pic) however no size and no playback possible. When doing it via the smart pss: no records...

Motion settings look enabled and ivs activated via smart pss. All set to record in 4K, or should i lower resolution and increase fps?

what am i doing wrong?

btw: not so happy about the nightresults, pitch black...
I've had this problem with recording as well. I think its a bug with the firmware. I've tried multiple options with no luck. Eventually have given up and using cloud recordings with PIR detection.

I have 5 of these with SD cards in them and they all do the same thing. I've basically had to turn off recording options locally and using IMOU App - i've setup cloud based recording which is working OK for me now.

karl1980

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had this problem with recording as well. I think its a bug with the firmware. I've tried multiple options with no luck. Eventually have given up and using cloud recordings with PIR detection.

I have 5 of these with SD cards in them and they all do the same thing. I've basically had to turn off recording options locally and using IMOU App - i've setup cloud based recording which is working OK for me now.
one reason i bought these were NOT to use a paying cloud service, but to enjoy local storage. @EMPIRETECANDY looking forward to your thoughts. Bought 2 at your shop