Review-Dahua IPC-HFW1831C-PIR 4k Mini Bullet

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Aristrobrat

thx for the quick reply.
Does BI support all the Pir functions of this camera?
What do you mean by all? Blue Iris can receive a trigger from the camera PIR..you can then have blue iris do whatever you want with it.

karl1980

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What do you mean by all? Blue Iris can receive a trigger from the camera PIR..you can then have blue iris do whatever you want with it.
got it, not yet up to date with the BI story. BI is a VMS with (as i understood) more possibilities then the regular Dahua VMS. just waiting for the feedback then regarding the Dahua NVR compatibility.

karl1980

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi guys, i can't seem to fire up the cameras :(
- when i plug in to my access point: no reaction on the access point / no reaction on the cam
- when i plug in to my router: no reaction on the router / no reaction on the cam
- Dahua Smart PPS locates my PC / no other devices
- Config tool unable to locate the IP for the cam
- 192.168.1.108 unable to open

i am a newbie, but am i doing something wrong here?
I'm unable to run the cd provided by Empiretecandy as my pc doesn't have a reader

thanks for your support

Arizona23

n3wb
Reaction score
Karl1980 - Access point?? Are you connecting it to a POE switch as per the wiki? Did you read the wiki as it also provides details on tools you can download to test.

karl1980

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Karl1980 - Access point?? Are you connecting it to a POE switch as per the wiki? Did you read the wiki as it also provides details on tools you can download to test.
hi Arizone,

my house layout:

1 cam at the front
1 cam at the back

through the whole house i have ethernet ports in the wall, who all come together in the garage where the modem is located. I'm now in room 1 and plug in the cam, and make sure the end of room 1 cable is connected to the modem. Why POE switch when having this installation?

Arizona23

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, you need to study the wiki. If this is an IP camera (did I miss that it is not an IP camera?) then it is powered via the Ethernet jack. That is called Power Over Ethernet (POE). There are a few ways to do that (see wiki). You should also bench check the camera before going straight to a wall install as it eliminates infrastructure related issues

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hi guys, i can't seem to fire up the cameras :(
- when i plug in to my access point: no reaction on the access point / no reaction on the cam
- when i plug in to my router: no reaction on the router / no reaction on the cam
- Dahua Smart PPS locates my PC / no other devices
- Config tool unable to locate the IP for the cam
- 192.168.1.108 unable to open

i am a newbie, but am i doing something wrong here?
I'm unable to run the cd provided by Empiretecandy as my pc doesn't have a reader

thanks for your support
Hi @karl1980

As @Arizona23 points out you need to power up the camera.

Normal ethernet switches do not provide PoE ( power ) - you'll need a "special" switch called a PoE switch OR NVR w/PoE ports, OR another way to send power to the camera.
( see wikipedia on PoE and PoE power sourcing equipment ) All of this should be covered in the cliff notes, so please do read those.

Arizona23

n3wb
Reaction score
This worked with my Dahua. I got it on Amazon.

TP-LINK TL-PoE150S PoE Injector Adapter, IEEE 802.3af compliant

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In blueiris I recently changed the Cam setup from Generic/ONVIF to Dahua IPC-HFW1831C RTSP. Now I'm not getting the PIR triggered alerts in Blueiris. I still have Get events with PullPointSubscription checked and use Camera' digital input or motion alarm checked.

Anyone else getting this. Are you using Generic ONVIF or the Dahua IPC-HFW1831C?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
In blueiris I recently changed the Cam setup from Generic/ONVIF to Dahua IPC-HFW1831C RTSP. Now I'm not getting the PIR triggered alerts in Blueiris. I still have Get events with PullPointSubscription checked and use Camera' digital input or motion alarm checked.

Anyone else getting this. Are you using Generic ONVIF or the Dahua IPC-HFW1831C?
This was added to allow for two way audio. Follow directions here IPC-HFW1831C-PIR 8MP WDR IR Mini Bullet Network Camera / Active Deterrence

Duc998

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
actually for me I noticed when I selected the Dahua IPC cam the discovery/onvif port would change to 8999. Changed it to 80 and seems to be fine now.

karl1980

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hi guys,

we're are getting there.
IP cam connected (green light) under default IP 192.168.1.108 but not able to add in Smart PSS or view via browser. When opening the configtool and double click on the settings i get following error: "the device and the PC are not in the same segment or the port is error".

As usual, help appreciated

regards