Review-I'll be the guinea pig for the new SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
@fenderman 1-Yes, 2-Yes, 3-I will double check that again. I've screwed around with it so much I'm not sure of much right now. But it is odd, that this almost always occurs at the top of the hour when it happens. :) Thank you.

@hmjgriffon No, don't have a seperate video card. Web interface supports the box drawing to zoom.

@smiticans No, I changed the password to a strong one at first log in.
Is there a setting I have to do? Because right now clicking on the camera and dragging just moves the camera window around.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a setting I have to do? Because right now clicking on the camera and dragging just moves the camera window around.
Here is an example in SmartPSS live view.
Be sure that the window of the cam you want to control is highlighted.
Then click on the highlighted area circled in red.
Now you can draw to zoom.
Very similar in Web plugin.

Capture2.jpg

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Here is an example in SmartPSS live view.
Be sure that the window of the cam you want to control is highlighted.
Then click on the highlighted area circled in red.
Now you can draw to zoom.
Very similar in Web plugin.

View attachment 14108
Nayr was right, I'm using blue iris, the dahua android app has a similar control though that is pretty nice though. perhaps I will just figure out how to buy some kind of joystick off ebay to control it lol.

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hey props to being able to operate this technology at your age; let alone climbing up on the roof and installing it.. No wonder your old lady approves; she probably has a good insurance policy out on you :p

If the old retiree's in my neighborhood had PTZ's like this I'd never be able to work on my car or house without code enforcement showing up instantly.. nosey old bastards ;)
Lmao! Better check the ladder rungs for vaseline before using.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I knew one guy who was a notorious drunk. He bought an ultralight aircraft to play around with. A friend of his then saw his wife taking out an insurance policy on him at the bank and didn't tell him but his buddy let him know. He immediately sold the airplane without ever having flown it.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So if I run 24vac to this cam in the same conduit as the Ethernet cable, will that cause interference with the network?

Would STP prevent any problem?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So if I run 24vac to this cam in the same conduit as the Ethernet cable, will that cause interference with the network?

Would STP prevent any problem?
Might cause some interference, but I doubt it would be enough to matter. Just try not to power it off a circuit with a dimmer.

itservice

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can someone give me an assist here please. I'm trying to install the SD card into this camera, but the instructions are NOT clear as to which screws need to be removed to pull out the module.
I think the manual is generic and isn't specific to my camera. Also, Do you see why I'm glad I took this cover off regardless? An no, I didn't' scratch it.

Edit: Or am I missing where the SD card slot is located?

Edit 2: Ugh, never mind. That's what I get for actually reading the instructions. Ha!

You actually don't need to remove anything other then the small cover to get to the SD slot, but glad I did due to the wires rubbing on the belt.

See second picture below.

View attachment 13977

Here is Sd slot.
View attachment 13980

For future reference, this is the only door you need to remove to install SD card. NOT what the manual says.

View attachment 13984
Can you tell me does the SD card
Good advice nayr, thanks for the string tip.

When I ordered this cam, I hadn't thought the install through completely. When I received it, it was obvious what little I had thought about it wasn't going to work. :) Currently working on plan C.

Are you still happy with the bullet microphone you reviewed back in Oct? Microseven IP Cameras
looney2ns can you post a screen shot of your audio setting for the microphone. Thanks

afrmthabay

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good advice nayr, thanks for the string tip.

When I ordered this cam, I hadn't thought the install through completely. When I received it, it was obvious what little I had thought about it wasn't going to work. :) Currently working on plan C.

Are you still happy with the bullet microphone you reviewed back in Oct? Microseven IP Cameras

Is this the only thing I need for the PTZ to get audio the PTZ comes with cut wires so I was not sure. I ordered VideoSecu High Sensitive Preamp Mini Audio Pickup Tiny Spy Microphone with Power Bypass for Security Audio Sound Voice Monitoring Recording and bonus Warning Decal WD4

and
iCreatin Active 12V PoE power over ethernet Splitter Adapter, IEEE 802.3af Compliant 10/100Mbps, 12V output
Sold by: iCreatin along with the coupler male plug to male plug for two of my cameras but they were not cut wires on the camera and I was able to plug everything in. But for this PTZ I was not sure what I need to get the audio going since its one cut black and red wire. What should I buy to get the audio going for the PTZ. Thanks

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is this the only thing I need for the PTZ to get audio the PTZ comes with cut wires so I was not sure. I ordered VideoSecu High Sensitive Preamp Mini Audio Pickup Tiny Spy Microphone with Power Bypass for Security Audio Sound Voice Monitoring Recording and bonus Warning Decal WD4

and
iCreatin Active 12V PoE power over ethernet Splitter Adapter, IEEE 802.3af Compliant 10/100Mbps, 12V output
Sold by: iCreatin along with the coupler male plug to male plug for two of my cameras but they were not cut wires on the camera and I was able to plug everything in. But for this PTZ I was not sure what I need to get the audio going since its one cut black and red wire. What should I buy to get the audio going for the PTZ. Thanks
Something like this is easiest: Amazon.com: Bluecell 10pcs UTP Cat5/Cat6 Cable to AV RCA Female Screw Terminal Connector: Home Audio & Theater Connect to the bare wires coming from the camera, plug in the mic.

Me, I'll probably cut off the male connector from the mic and solder the bare wires to the wires coming from the PTZ.

I opted to use the included 24vac transformer to power the PTZ, so I purchased this: Amazon.com : Speco 24 Volt CCTV Power Converter : Camera & Photo to power the mic off the 24vac at the cam.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That poe splitter doesn't output enough power... it won't work

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That poe splitter doesn't output enough power... it won't work
not only that but they dont put out there rated power either; Ive got 2 of those same splitters here that self toasted them selves with a mere 10W of load... avoid that junk all together.