Review - TOP-201 Super Mini 720P HD IP-Cam (The Cheapest IP Cam So Far !!)

sasogmk

n3wb
Reaction score
This might be it, I tried grabbing whatever firmware I could for this camera. hxxps://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37759044/General_HZXM_IPC_HI3518E_50H10L_S38_RT3070_V4.02.R12.20150317_ALL.zip
replace the xx in the link.
Hello gordo,

The link for the firmware is not working. Can you upload a new link for General_HZXM_IPC_HI3518E_50H10L_S38_RT3070_V4.02.R 12.20150317_ALL.zip

Thanks

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Please look at attached menu screenshot. Could you find any option to disable IR filter? kamera ip.jpeg

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Was looking to get one of this small camera for outside for front of my door.
It will be hidden up in the corner out of the rain. Need it to have to see when someone is at the door.

So witch one will be best to get and from what seller, you can post a link here. I wish i can get it within from a Us seller for faster arrival.

Must be POE / IP Ready with Night Vision.

Thanks for any advice and info on this.
I posted a poe version of this so check my posts. It was 23 bucks and I have it on my front door works great. Just make sure it's out of weather and leave your lights on. I used an led light bulb outside so it's running 13 watts. It worked this winter at -20 no issues.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I posted a poe version of this so check my posts. It was 23 bucks and I have it on my front door works great. Just make sure it's out of weather and leave your lights on. I used an led light bulb outside so it's running 13 watts. It worked this winter at -20 no issues.
Hello, And thanks for that info!

I found your post. And looking around aliexpress i did found this one here:
POE HD 1920 x 1080P 2.0MP Indoor IP Camera Mini Type
witch is $33 now, but looks like it has no ir and yes, i need a light on at all times , but is not a problem with that! as i have a light sensor and when someone approaches the
front door it lights on.
Your camera from the post was this one : item 32365804999 witch is $22+

Anyway, i already got the above camera from ebay (above post#818) from Usa seller and has all i need + audio witch i am trying to have for front of my door, and will need one more with audio in
my backyard, but looks like will be the 9th camera so i have to buy a Poe switch now (using 8 port nvr poe) , to add more to my BI system.
May get this poe switch here:
TP-LINK TL-SG2210P 8-Port Gigabit Smart PoE Switch with 2 Combo SFP Slots, 8 POE Ports, 802.3 af Compliant, Up to 53W Power Supply
Around $126 on amazon and has 5 star review.

Anyway thank you for the above advice !!! appreciated.
P.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ncwbob

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, And thanks for that info!

I found your post. And looking around aliexpress i did found this one here:
POE HD 1920 x 1080P 2.0MP Indoor IP Camera Mini Type
witch is $33 now, but looks like it has no ir and yes, i need a light on at all times , but is not a problem with that! as i have a light sensor and when someone approaches the
front door it lights on.
Your camera from the post was this one : item 32365804999 witch is $22+

Anyway, i already got the above camera from ebay (above post#818) from Usa seller and has all i need + audio witch i am trying to have for front of my door, and will need one more with audio in
my backyard, but looks like will be the 9th camera so i have to buy a Poe switch now (using 8 port nvr poe) , to add more to my BI system.
May get this poe switch here:
TP-LINK TL-SG2210P 8-Port Gigabit Smart PoE Switch with 2 Combo SFP Slots, 8 POE Ports, 802.3 af Compliant, Up to 53W Power Supply
Around $126 on amazon and has 5 star review.

Anyway thank you for the above advice !!! appreciated.
P.

Here is a link to item 32365804999
witch is $22+ in case any one needs it.

I was just browsing through this companies other cams and came upon this one at this link, seems the same as the $22.00 box cam except it is in an outdoor rated case, has IR and PoE and is only $23.68.

hmmm, might have to order one of these.... then found this one from the same seller: 1/2.8'' SONY IMX222 Full-HD 1080P 2 Megapixel Ultra lowillumination Mini Waterproof Bullet IP Camera Network Camera for $33.58 with free shipping - no PoE but for that price I don't care, I can ad a power injector and still run only 1 cat 6 cable to it. I'm not so sure about the ultra low illumination claim, if it had the IMX225, that would be better. I may just have to stay with the cheap one at $23.68 that does have PoE as if I am really going for low light, better to spend more in a IMX225, IMX291 or IMX178 based cams.

Seems so far this outdoor with IR and ONVIF and PoE for $23.68 seems to be the best deal I have found for cheap but good cams, providing it does turn out to be "good".

Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Please look at attached menu screenshot. Could you find any option to disable IR filter? View attachment 9789
Try changing IR_CUT to "IR Synchronous Switch". If I understand the setting correctly the IR cut will then switch when the IR LEDs turn on or off. I have a camera that doesn't have IR LEDs. On it, setting IR_CUT to Automatic causes the IR cut to activate based on a photocell. Maybe the combination of Automatic on both Day/Night Mode and IR_CUT is causing the IR Cut to cycle a few times before it settles down.

Tomasz72

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I temporary pull out "IR filter" plug. Everything works fine in day/night. (Indoor)

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Here is a link to item 32365804999
witch is $22+ in case any one needs it.

I was just browsing through this companies other cams and came upon this one at this link, seems the same as the $22.00 box cam except it is in an outdoor rated case, has IR and PoE and is only $23.68.

hmmm, might have to order one of these.... then found this one from the same seller: 1/2.8'' SONY IMX222 Full-HD 1080P 2 Megapixel Ultra lowillumination Mini Waterproof Bullet IP Camera Network Camera for $33.58 with free shipping - no PoE but for that price I don't care, I can ad a power injector and still run only 1 cat 6 cable to it. I'm not so sure about the ultra low illumination claim, if it had the IMX225, that would be better. I may just have to stay with the cheap one at $23.68 that does have PoE as if I am really going for low light, better to spend more in a IMX225, IMX291 or IMX178 based cams.

Seems so far this outdoor with IR and ONVIF and PoE for $23.68 seems to be the best deal I have found for cheap but good cams, providing it does turn out to be "good".

Bob
Thanks for that info!
Will look some more over see witch one will fit better to order.

Regards,

Reaction score
Thanks for so many informative posts. I bought 2 of these cameras
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/720P-1-0Megapixels-1-4-OV9712-Sensor-Hi3518-ip-camera-board-camera-module-with-LAN-cable/32343508115.html

I am trying to make it work using POE. I have a switch working with POE with 2 other cameras. The wiring that comes with this camera has P3 connectors 1 and 2 already connected to pins 7 and 8 of the ethernet port. But it still doesn't work. I tried a conventional POE splitter and it didn't work either.

Any ideas?

thanks
720P-1-0Megapixels-1-4-OV9712-Sensor-Hi3518-ip-camera-board-camera-module-with-LAN-cable.jpg

HTB1h2sGHFXXXXXhXFXXq6xXFXXXq.jpg

spoony77

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi people
I purchased the top-201 and have it working via the cms software and on android via the ipcam viewer app.
My question is how do I get it to record to a nas device when it detects movement, I can find the settings for local recordings but I dont want to keep a pc running 24/7...?

Reaction score
Was it the challenge you like as far as not just buying one that is poe? I have one and works great.
Hehe, not really. I bought this and it says in the product page that POE is "supported". Maybe it is, but not fully implemented maybe. So now I'm trying to make this work. And for some reason the splitter has not worked which is strange. For the next ones I'll get them with POE, but I'd like to get these 2 I have to work.
thanks

Esper

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

i want to use top-201 in cellar so for 99% of time nothing will change, and from 99% ot the rest time only i will be on it. Any of this software BI etc can records only when smth is moving? i dont wanna collect movies where nothing is going on :) Some kind of move detector.

One more q, ther's 2 or 3 version - somewhere in topic o read about 3518c, 3518e and ever 3518 - witchone is best?

digger11

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BI can certainly be set up to record the video from one of these cameras only upon motion. In a cellar you could afford to set the motion sensitivity quite high without having to worry about the kinds of false motion detection events you would get from a camera mounted outdoors.

Kamalas

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to make it work using POE. I have a switch working with POE with 2 other cameras. The wiring that comes with this camera has P3 connectors 1 and 2 already connected to pins 7 and 8 of the ethernet port. But it still doesn't work. I tried a conventional POE splitter and it didn't work either.
Basically, switch sends question going "are you POE?". Simply having a splitter at the end will not let the switch know it is POE. Therefore it will not send power down the line.

Reaction score
Basically, switch sends question going "are you POE?". Simply having a splitter at the end will not let the switch know it is POE. Therefore it will not send power down the line.
Thank you. So there's more than just sending power. I ordered a splitter that apparently does that and reduces the voltage to 12V DC so that should make it work.