SD49225T-HN frequent restarts

Nevvyn

n3wb
Reaction score
Indeed...I'm going to run another cable this weekend, after I've installed the new refrigerator and dishwasher. View attachment 39487
So, I was fortunate enough to have two of these side by side on the test bench. The older one I bought used was 100% rock solid, the newer one kept restarting. This was consistent between swapping cables, poe injectors or ports on an nvr. Cables are a great place to start but that behaviour really knocked my confidence in that model.

JayS_IPCams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So, I was fortunate enough to have two of these side by side on the test bench. The older one I bought used was 100% rock solid, the newer one kept restarting. This was consistent between swapping cables, poe injectors or ports on an nvr. Cables are a great place to start but that behaviour really knocked my confidence in that model.
I too tried swapping all but cable, i know some will point at that still, but again, cable worked for months on another camera. Mine seems to now reboot in rain (maybe has a leak as others have seen when opening), and randomly once a day or so. Somewhere above I listed all my settings, turned of most things!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
When the 2nd camera bought?

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Another test that's probably been covered in this thread but in case not: you could try powering with 12v (or ideally 14v) through the barrel connector power jack on the same harness as the ethernet cable. Then plug the ethernet cable into a non POE port. If you get issues you know it's related to POE.

One of my camera's Ethernet jack got water damaged so I've been using the 12v line ever since, and it's very solid.

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't read all postings here, but I think I have a/the same problem (now). My SD49225T-HN from Feb. 2018 now (since a few weeks) also boots several times (maybe five times) a day. :( How many times a day does this happen to you?

I already use a 12V power supply from the beginning. Until today I used an old firmware version from 2017 all the time. Today I did an update to 2.623.0000000.7.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2018-11-24, but just now I have the first reboot again. :rolleyes: I`ll keep watching over the next few days/weeks ...

Nevvyn

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't read all postings here, but I think I have a/the same problem (now). My SD49225T-HN from Feb. 2018 now (since a few weeks) also boots several times (maybe five times) a day. :( How many times a day does this happen to you?

I already use a 12V power supply from the beginning. Until today I used an old firmware version from 2017 all the time. Today I did an update to 2.623.0000000.7.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2018-11-24, but just now I have the first reboot again. :rolleyes: I`ll keep watching over the next few days/weeks ...
Is this a unit that has previously been stable?

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes but I can not say exactly when the problem started. I noticed it a few weeks ago. In the first ~ 10 months there were no problems and no reboots.

mmmburritos

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've got one of these that was purchased in August 2017 from Andy, it's exhibiting a lot of the same problems others are reporting. I've had the best luck with the 040418 firmware, when I upgrade to anything new it's extremely unreliable. Mine doesn't just reboot, it stops outputting video entirely and the web interface goes offline. I just upgraded it to version 2.623.0000000.7.R.R4.2510.9A.NR, Build Date: 2018-11-24 last night and it barely made it 8 hours before it froze up. I'm now also having problems where it stays in B&W mode all day.

Very curious to hear the results of Q's RMA. I know I'm outside of any kind of warranty but I think I've got a bad one also.

mmmburritos

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So as I expected, after updating to the latest firmware, my camera crapped out within 12 hours. I had set it up for remote syslog, there is NO output indicating any kind of problem. Last log entry was me logging out of the web interface normally. Right now it's sitting there unresponsive to HTTPS or SmartPSS on port 37777. I did have SSH enabled, and I can login to SSH with no problems, BUT I can't get any meaningful info out of it since I don't know the password for shell access. Everything I can output with the 'diagnose' command looks fine to my eyes but of course it doesn't output a running process list. This is pretty disappointing for a $350 camera.

I'm probably going to try rolling it back to the 0404 firmware if I can find where I saved that one, that worked for me before, but there is no reason I shouldn't be able to upgrade to the latest firmware on this camera. I've also tried factory resetting it and all of that, makes no difference, newer firmware seems to be unstable on my camera.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Finally got around to deinstalling the SD49225T-HN to be shipped back to Andy via DHL. The shipping cost was US$195.22. Ouch.

Although this was quite expensive it was a better option than losing control and destroying the camera in a fit of uncontrolled rage which was where my inner-self was leading me.

4E4362C0-C19D-47EF-9C34-E49CBE3F4316.png

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Finally got around to deinstalling the SD49225T-HN to be shipped back to Andy via DHL. The shipping cost was US$195.22. Ouch.

Although this was quite expensive it was a better option than losing control and destroying the camera in a fit of uncontrolled rage which was where my inner-self was leading me.

View attachment 41289
I saw this on another thread:
Dahua 2MP 25x Starlight IR PTZ Network Camera (SD49225T-HN)

not sure what S2 is, but maybe you will get one ??

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe we have proved beyond any reasonable doubt that there is something profoundly wrong with this particular Dahua model. However, Dahua has a vested interest in protecting its interests and I expect that Dahua will deny the claim on this camera. If they don’t, they leave themselves open to a major recall. In this world, self-interest rules whereas integrity is the exception.

JayS_IPCams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe we have proved beyond any reasonable doubt that there is something profoundly wrong with this particular Dahua model. However, Dahua has a vested interest in protecting its interests and I expect that Dahua will deny the claim on this camera. If they don’t, they leave themselves open to a major recall. In this world, self-interest rules whereas integrity is the exception.
Unfortunately likely very true :( I would hope that Andy would/will try to do something, particularly about the crazy shipping cost :(

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

View attachment 41289
FuQ. What did the package weigh?

Using estimated size/weight it looks like Priority Mail International may have cost less (closer to $100).