SD49225T-HN frequent restarts

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
However, I am a IP camera enthusiast, not a IPC technician.
But you do know your way around these things pretty well.
If you are going to bench-test the device, do you feel inclined to run a serial console log to see if there is any clue just before the restart event?
Usually the restart will be a deliberate event with the reason why showing in the log.

Nevvyn

n3wb
Reaction score
Investigating the temperature issue, the bench test of the two cameras was at room temperature, so cold wouldn't have been a factor, and the dodgy one was still rebooting. Regarding the logs, the reboot message changed depending on the firmware I was using, logs attached earlier in this thread. Finally, as a test, I've stuck my "good' camera (the dodgy one has been returned now) in the freezer in the garage for a few days, no reboot issue, still working fine.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Regarding the logs, the reboot message changed depending on the firmware I was using, logs attached earlier in this thread.
Serial console logs, not the high-level camera logs.
The info that the kernel and the apps write internally.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Serial console logs, not the high-level camera logs.
The info that the kernel and the apps write internally.
The challenging bit would be once it restarts, the ptz will spin around to initialize making it 'fun' to have a cable connected...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The challenging bit would be once it restarts, the ptz will spin around to initialize making it 'fun' to have a cable connected...
Hmm... not something I thought of.
Is the system board in the sensor end or the base?
Maybe the other end could be free to move leaving the system board static.

Nevvyn

n3wb
Reaction score
Dangle the cable from above, should be able to take a few spins without getting to messy.

Anyone got the pinout's for the camera?

JayS_IPCams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting new stat to add to this about my issues with rebooting. I Thought mine was finally stable with some changes I made, yet random reboots. Something that appears to be a pattern is.

Mine reboots when I have precipitation. :(

I think one other poster on here stated they found water in their when the opened it up... i guess in the spring i'll have to take it down and see, not likely to happen before that.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Andy, it's been 23 days since you contacted Dahua; what has Dahua told you?
They asked many questions, seems all we talked here, I need a camera return to us and send to them for double checking, but Chinese new year is coming soon, so everything will be delayed to Feb.
This model we sold 300+ i think, the restart we get report recently, when you bought this PTZ? Other guys have the restart, also can tell me too.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I talked with dahua guy, they told me the webpage data has some bugs for the restart, anyone use the NVR to check the camera's drop off line?

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
any updates?
No. No word from Andy yet. Listen up: it can’t be that so many people have fuQed up the installation of this camera in such a way so as to prevent the camera from functioning correctly. Dahua MUST know about this issue, simply because — if so many people here at IPCT.com are experiencing this problem — imagine how many people worldwide are having the same problem. I understand why companies do this. They do it because the cost to remediate the issue is large. So perhaps they simply deny there is an issue, or chose to ignore the issue. It’s a foolish business decision. Users remember these things and it creates a lot of bad karma for the company in question. Now granted, I could be wrong and the issue could indeed be that a huge number of people have done something wrong. If that’s the case I am sorry for what I’ve suggested. However, I suspect that this is not the case, and that the Dahua knows about this issue and is choosing to turn away from its customers. Furthermore, let me be clear that I do not blame Andy for this situation. I blame the manufacturer. In addition, I can afford to lose the $400 I paid for this camera. But what really gets under my skin is being ignored when something is clearly wrong.

JayS_IPCams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No. No word from Andy yet. Listen up: it can’t be that so many people have fuQed up the installation of this camera in such a way so as to prevent the camera from functioning correctly. Dahua MUST know about this issue, simply because — if so many people here at IPCT.com are experiencing this problem — imagine how many people worldwide are having the same problem. I understand why companies do this. They do it because the cost to remediate the issue is large. So perhaps they simply deny there is an issue, or chose to ignore the issue. It’s a foolish business decision. Users remember these things and it creates a lot of bad karma for the company in question. Now granted, I could be wrong and the issue could indeed be that a huge number of people have done something wrong. If that’s the case I am sorry for what I’ve suggested. However, I suspect that this is not the case, and that the Dahua knows about this issue and is choosing to turn away from its customers. Furthermore, let me be clear that I do not blame Andy for this situation. I blame the manufacturer. In addition, I can afford to lose the $400 I paid for this camera. But what really gets under my skin is being ignored when something is clearly wrong.
I agree... thankfully I don't need mine for security, so a random reboot even a couple times a day isn't a huge deal for me... but I'm like you, just annoyed... That said... I thought Andy provides the warranty? or is it just Dahua and we need to pass it through him assuming Dahua honors it?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Chinese New Year runs 1/21-2/20/19 which unfortunately will slow any resolution.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
a random reboot even a couple times a day isn't a huge deal for me
I wish it was a random reboot. Mine has now morphed into a Foscam POS and apparently and goes out for hours at a time...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...then comes back for hours...then goes out for hours...

I don't even look at it any more.

Biscreenshot.jpg

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That there is a consideration that "so many users may have done something wrong" reflects much more on the camera manufacturer and vendor than those individuals.
To be fair: No one has suggested this, except me. This is simply my personal supposition. While this MAY be true, we don't know for certain that it IS true. However, the longer Dahua is silent on this matter the more my suspicion grows.