"Smart Detect" feature of Dahua camera!

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got a small feasibility system. 2 non-IVS and one IVS camera. Everything works.
If I go to a NVR screen, such as IVS, FD, line detect, etc, I get an error from the non-IVS cameras that they can't provide the requested info to the NVR. Of course, they can't share IVS config info, 'cus they don't have IVS. No Duh. Minor irritation.

All 3 cameras record and show live footage. Everything operational

Of course, you can't interact with a non-IVS camera from any NVR screen for IVS. Irritation, but no show stoppers.

I bought from a US Supplier. They stood behind the NVR. They said my NVR didn't support IVS, and gave bogus info. In this forum, someone checked and said my Dahhua NVR supported IVS. With the details from that member, I went back and refuted their info, and asked for f/w ver xyz which will add IVS capability to my NVR. With my info, lo & behold, they then provided f/w links. I updated f/w and which gave me the IVS capability that wasn't present when I unboxed the NVR.

I did have to update 2 of 3 cameras, to work with an IVS-capable NVR. Of those, 1 cam had IVS, the other didn't.

Everyting is hunky-dory now.

Good luck!

All: it seems there is a business opportunity to provide independent, 3rd party support. Dahua sells to their sales channel (labelled and unlabelled product)
Some unlabeled product gets good support, if they chose to buy from an supported vendor.

So other buyers are SOL.

It's still Dahua product, so it is "supportable". By someone, somewhere. Why doesn't someone fill this vacuum? There's a need, and people (who bought cheap) would probably pay for the support that people (who paid more), currently enjoy?

As they say, pay now or pay later!

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Smart detection appears to be different than Intelligent Analysis... I see no tripwire, etc in the description. Is it the same feature?

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Eustace,
I believe they are the same thing.
The capability resides in the camera. Before my NVR f/w upgrade, I could see the feature if I surfed to the cam directly. But in the NVR, I couldn't find the capability in any NVR screens. After the NVR f/w upgrade, the features were visible in the NVR. For playback, I had IVS horizontal bars in the timeline. And I could list the FD events (Face Detect)

So check the camera. It should have these features:
smart.jpg

Eustace

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Eustace,
I believe they are the same thing.
The capability resides in the camera. Before my NVR f/w upgrade, I could see the feature if I surfed to the cam directly. But in the NVR, I couldn't find the capability in any NVR screens. After the NVR f/w upgrade, the features were visible in the NVR. For playback, I had IVS horizontal bars in the timeline. And I could list the FD events (Face Detect)

So check the camera. It should have these features:
View attachment 10646
Thank you.. Now I need to figure out the signal system choices and then I can order one of these cameras with the Smart Detection. I guess we use NTSC in the US...

Eustace

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a PAL NVR and a few PAL cameras, it makes little difference for digital IP cameras.. only analouge.. the biggest thing's you'll see with IP:

NTSC: 30FPS MAX/ Smaller D1 704x480 (substream) Resolution
PAL: 25FPS MAX/ Larger D1 704x567 (substream) Resolution

they mix and match just fine, the digital format is the same.. my PAL NVR displays perfectly on my NTSC AVR/TV via HDMI

Last edited by a moderator:

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fastb yes I agree. Someone could make good money even just supplying updated firm ware.
A curious question I f u don't mind.
Which cam did u have to upgrade ???
The 2 4431c I installed replaced 2 4300s. I've only got 1 4300s left and it really isn't a priority location so I may u unplug it. TG he others are 4300c (4).
When I get back to my cabin I'm hoping just unplugging the non-ivs cams will have IVs a how on the NVR. If not I'm guessing I'll need firmware upgrade for NVR.

I've emailed my USA supplier 3 times and no response except a automated reply confirming the support request. At this point I highly recommend NEVER buying from TechproSupply.com or SecurityCameraKing.com
One based in Denver the other in Florida.. they even called me when I first ordered and was quick to reply to emails. It's all a gamble any more it seems.

Once I get IVS working on mine I'll be upgrading the other 6 cams even though there Only 6 months old. Maybe by then 4tb drives will drop in $$$. :)

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you.. Now I need to figure out the signal system choices and then I can order one of these cameras with the Smart Detection. I guess we use NTSC in the US...

Eustace
I also have a 4216-4k PAL version NVR with a mix of PAL and NTSC cameras and they all work fine. I have my nvr hooked up via HDMI to a 4K tv and its my understaning that HD tvs can adjust to eithier.

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
while trying to setup the Ivs tripwire on my 4216-4K Nvr, I keep getting this error message.

image.jpeg

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
starting to think not. Its has face detection but I guess no other IVS features. Just noticed the SD59430U-HN is listed as optional under IVMS :livid:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah there is no way to tell if it has IVS or not via model # alone, I've been getting confirmation in writing from the vendor before buying models with IVS optional anymore.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
"Smart Detect" feature of Dahua camera!

the 4216-4k has 8 inputs and 3 outputs
Interesting.so let's say I hook up a ptz cam(non dahua brand)with no alarm input to the nvr(4216)then connect a pir sensor to the nvr.can the ptz be programmed within the nvr to work with the pir sensor? Just like your ptz with optex sensor? Or does the ptz also need to have alarm input?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Alarm Inputs on my 4216-4k will command any of my PTZ's to perform an action (preset/tour/pan/etc), and with an impressively low latency, regardless if they have there own local alarm inputs..

However, all my PTZ's are Dahua, I can make no promises for non-dahua brand.. PTZ's are notorious for not getting full control in a mixed and matched environment.

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What would be a good contact to put on the interior of a door so when someone opens the door to the house, the input will alarm the big black face to check it out as well as the NVR to send a push notification to my iphone? Also any thought on using a wireless contact and hooking the receiver to the NVR input. guess I could just get a simple wireless alarm with output to input to the NVR? Thx

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the way I do that is a bit different, I have a Z-Wave door contact on the doors.. when the doors open the sensor directly communicates to the appropriate light switches and turns them on instantly, and it also sends a signal to my Home Automation appliance (Domoticz), which in turn fires off a script and tells the PTZ to change positions.

I intend on using the inputs on the back for hardwired sensors that need an instant response.. like the mailbox, the delivery person only spends a second or two infront of it so any kinda of delay and I miss em entirely.. so when I pour a new driveway I am burying some cables inside it and ditching the wireless on the mailbox.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no idea honestly, I have a server room w/2 full size cabinets.. in there, I cant hear the NVR make any noise.. but it'd have to be louder than other shit to be audible.

I am restructuring my server room right now, I have to power everything down tonight just by chance to hookup some new power distribution units.. so perhaps when I take everything down I'll leave the NVR up and see if I consider it to be loud.

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mine were pretty quiet at first but after a few months the fan seems to get a little louder. Not annoying loud but noticeable in a room without background noise.