SRICAM only works while connected to network.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
can anyone help me with my sricam...i cant view my cam using different network or mobile data in short i cant view in different place.....?
Welcome to the forum..you need to setup port forwarding.

brexonrod

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..you need to setup port forwarding.
How can i do that? is there any tutorial here? i tried 9299.org but im not sure of what i am doing it say's (9299 Failed: Bad Reply from server)...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How can i do that? is there any tutorial here? i tried 9299.org but im not sure of what i am doing it say's (9299 Failed: Bad Reply from server)...
Google port forwarding. You will need to forward the http port. Change it to something other than 80.

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
My SRICAM works fine, got it setup with no problems. When I disconnect the cat-5 network cable it will not work in the wireless mode. Says camera is offline. Is there a way to get this cam to work without a network connection.:sad2: The place where the camera is going does not have a network connection and I wanted to use it as wireless cam only.
thanks
Had the same problem with the AP004, messed with it for a week and never got it working, downloaded some PDF's from the manufacturer and it says "won't work with Windows Vista" so I sent it back. Just about drove me nuts.

Engineer

n3wb
Reaction score
This post is very old but I am just posting this reply incase like me you have just purchased one of these sricam cameras and are having the same problem with the wifi , I have just solved my problem , the way I solved it , While the camera is conected to the router by wire go in to the information section my one was an (i) inside a circle in the p2p app were you select the camera , select the wifi setting then select your wifi and type in your password to your router , it worked for me camera now works without cable , good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

ths54

n3wb
Reaction score
This post is very old but I am just posting this reply incase like me you have just purchased one of these sricam cameras and are having the same problem with the wifi , I have just solved my problem , the way I solved it , While the camera is conected to the router by wire go in to the information section my one was an (i) inside a circle in the p2p app were you select the camera , select the wifi setting then select your wifi and type in your password to your router , it worked for me camera now works without cable , good luck
Good information, thank you..

Reaction score
I fought for days with mine, then finally found out what I was doing wrong. Had the Net cable plugged in did the P2P ID finder everything fine, the part that I kept missing was when it locates you camera, in the lower right hand corner of the display is a web address starting with HTTP and the number for your camera. Next to the address it usually says "open". You have to click on that and access it through the webpage that comes up to finish setting up the wifi. I kept missing the part about "click on open". Hope this helps.

cjcornell

n3wb
Reaction score
Wow - this is so bad, i don't know where to begin.
This wifi problem is BAD
1. I have already set up 2 other Sricam AP wifi cameras (successfully) - they have been running (at another site) - doing everything I want. I originally set them up on my network to test.
2. Just got a new Sricam AP
3. Set everything up. Works connected to the network via a wire. Never on Wifi.
4. Let's get some things out of the way
a. Yes, I had the camera scan for my wifi network, added it, and entered the password
b. I deliberately set the IP address and port number on the camera - and entered all this in my router (for port forwarding)
c. I have 3 other wifi cams (foscams) that work quite fine
d. I tested this Sricam with a local IP/port and with the remote IP/port - and it works fine - when wired to the network.
e. yes, i have a static IP
f. when wired, the camera shows up in the p2pID finder tool (as do my other cams) - when wireless - all wifi cams show up - just not this new one.
g. I saw mentioned that the camera might be a G or B speed (oh lord) - so I slowed down my router settings to try both - neither worked.
Nothing I do seems to get this working ....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow - this is so bad, i don't know where to begin.
This wifi problem is BAD
1. I have already set up 2 other Sricam AP wifi cameras (successfully) - they have been running (at another site) - doing everything I want. I originally set them up on my network to test.
2. Just got a new Sricam AP
3. Set everything up. Works connected to the network via a wire. Never on Wifi.
4. Let's get some things out of the way
a. Yes, I had the camera scan for my wifi network, added it, and entered the password
b. I deliberately set the IP address and port number on the camera - and entered all this in my router (for port forwarding)
c. I have 3 other wifi cams (foscams) that work quite fine
d. I tested this Sricam with a local IP/port and with the remote IP/port - and it works fine - when wired to the network.
e. yes, i have a static IP
f. when wired, the camera shows up in the p2pID finder tool (as do my other cams) - when wireless - all wifi cams show up - just not this new one.
g. I saw mentioned that the camera might be a G or B speed (oh lord) - so I slowed down my router settings to try both - neither worked.
Nothing I do seems to get this working ....
Welcome to the forum. Dont fight these junk cameras. Send them back. Save your time and sanity.

cjcornell

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Dont fight these junk cameras. Send them back. Save your time and sanity.
funny- i found the forum while searching for Sricam wifi problems, and clicked. mistakenly thought it was their support forum. Thanks!

cjcornell

n3wb
Reaction score
all the same - if anyone has any insights as to how I can get this working, I would be very grateful!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
all the same - if anyone has any insights as to how I can get this working, I would be very grateful!
I know you want to try and get it working, but are you still within the return period? These cameras are bottom of the barrel junk and not worth your time. Send it back and move on.

cjcornell

n3wb
Reaction score
OK - beyond "return it"... (I get it... ok?)

if this is a known problem with a known solution, then why not just fix it and avoid the trouble of packing up and returning? if it's matter of some settings, and someone else has figured it out, then why not ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
OK - beyond "return it"... (I get it... ok?)

if this is a known problem with a known solution, then why not just fix it and avoid the trouble of packing up and returning? if it's matter of some settings, and someone else has figured it out, then why not ?
Because even if you solve this issue the camera is complete junk. Bad build,, etc..its worth the trouble to send it back and get a better camera.
what model did you get?

cjcornell

n3wb
Reaction score
geesh. it just could be a matter of being configured incorrectly.
I guess this isn't the forum to come to when one wants to troubleshoot something. apparently I need to own a camera you deem worthy enough to own. thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
geesh. it just could be a matter of being configured incorrectly.
I guess this isn't the forum to come to when one wants to troubleshoot something. apparently I need to own a camera you deem worthy enough to own. thanks.
First and foremost, take the time to read the forum. You will see that the members here spend their TIME and engergy giving LOADS of advice. You are suffering from a common problem. You simply cannot admit that you made a mistake buying this camera.
Oh boy, you wrote "if this is a known problem with a known solution, then why not just fix it and avoid the trouble of packing up and returning? "
I gave you the answer. You get offended easily. This forum is not a "safe space". If you cant handle the advice then so be it.
Why cant you admit that you didnt do the research and bought a piece of junk. IF you are within the return period the correct and proper solution is to return that camera. Even if it was working correctly is crap, what part of that cant you understand.
But you know better. You WILL be back looking for advice, but you will have a useless camera.

cjcornell

n3wb
Reaction score
righhht.
i don't mind if someone has experience with this problem and can say "all the steps indicate that the camera is broken - return it" ... or "this is a known issue with working with xyz router"
Your response, frankly has little do to with that "I simply can't admit that I made a mistake by buying this camera" ... you are summarily suggesting that I "get a better camera" (I guess "better" is whatever you deem it to be). based on your own personal judgements of what a good camera is ...

I have 2 other identical cameras to this sricam- and they have been working fine for 8 months and serve my purposes quite well. The one i just received did not set up as expected ... so before I send it back, I thought I would check to see if anyone had experience with this same problem. In my experience, about 75% of the time with any technology, someone else has experienced a similar issue, and I can benefit from that experience.
thanks again ...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
righhht.
i don't mind if someone has experience with this problem and can say "all the steps indicate that the camera is broken - return it" ... or "this is a known issue with working with xyz router"
Your response, frankly has little do to with that "I simply can't admit that I made a mistake by buying this camera" ... you are summarily suggesting that I "get a better camera" (I guess "better" is whatever you deem it to be). based on your own personal judgements of what a good camera is ...

I have 2 other identical cameras to this sricam- and they have been working fine for 8 months and serve my purposes quite well. The one i just received did not set up as expected ... so before I send it back, I thought I would check to see if anyone had experience with this same problem. In my experience, about 75% of the time with any technology, someone else has experienced a similar issue, and I can benefit from that experience.
thanks again ...
Almost anything is better than sricam...please take the time to do proper research and buy good cameras. You can lead a horse to water....good lunch.
I'm giving you free advice, you are in no position to demand the type of advice I provide. If you dont like it then ignore it, but dont get offended when I answer a question that YOU asked,.

cjcornell

n3wb
Reaction score
I asked to troubleshoot a problem with an existing product.
I did not ask for recommendations on the best camera to buy. So you did no such thing.
Oh - and I will point out, that the subject of this particular discussion thread is "SRICAM only works while connected to network." - people are trying to solve a problem with a product they already have. "Get a new one is hardly" helpful for anyone here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I asked to troubleshoot a problem with an existing product.
I did not ask for recommendations on the best camera to buy. So you did no such thing.
Oh - and I will point out, that the subject of this particular discussion thread is "SRICAM only works while connected to network." - people are trying to solve a problem with a product they already have. "Get a new one is hardly" helpful for anyone here.
Again, when the product is in the return window, returning it is THE solution. That solution is EXTREMELY helpful as the user wont have doorstop to deal with. Dont like the answer, move on.