Stupid people deserve their own thread....

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
^ Wow! So the SUV hit the car twice! Medical issue maybe?
Possibly. I thought maybe the initial impact hosed their steering. Collisions elicit quite an array of "odd" responses from humans. It was surprising to learn how many people back-up after they thought they hit something, "to see if they really did". If the initial strike isn't fatal... the reverse trick definitely is:oops:

Last edited:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The headline says: "Korean man who opened plane door mid-flight......"
The story says: "he opened the emergency door 700 feet in the air as the plane was landing. "

I don't know that I'd believe anything that article says.
700 feet up at mid-flight??? 700 feet up while landing???

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Possibly. I thought maybe the initial impact hosed their steering. Collisions elicit quite an array of "odd" responses from humans. It was surprising to learn how many people back-up after they thought they hit something, "to see if they really did". If the initial strike isn't fatal... the reverse trick definitely is:oops:
My grandmother, at 92 years of age, hit a parked car while parking in a lot. Backed up and hit a car behind her. Then went forward again and hit the first car again. She still didn't give up her licence until she crashed on the ramp into her condo parking.

mattp

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The headline says: "Korean man who opened plane door mid-flight......"
The story says: "he opened the emergency door 700 feet in the air as the plane was landing. "

I don't know that I'd believe anything that article says.
700 feet up at mid-flight??? 700 feet up while landing???
What in the last 3 years would lead you to question a journalist?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
One less contributor to the gene pool.....several million to go, sadly. :confused:

His family is blaming a nurse that responded, as if they had no responsibility in trying to get him to quit. Maybe that's one way to assuage your guilt by passing blame; these days it's always someone else's fault.

Reaction score
On June 29, Virgin Galactic is entering a new space age, propelled by curiosity. Witness what's in store for the #Galactic01 spaceflight, crewed by researchers from the Italian Air Force & National Research Council of Italy. Don't miss the livestream at www.virgingalactic.com

Welcome to Virgin Galactic - The Spaceline for Earth.
Virgin Galactic

[Embed]

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Reaction score
I put this here because quite frankly, its a DAMN DUMB IDEA! I can't believe the FAA approved this. Wonder who's pocket got lined for this...what a death trap.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I put this here because quite frankly, its a DAMN DUMB IDEA! I can't believe the FAA approved this. Wonder who's pocket got lined for this...what a death trap.

Well, it's being offered by a Peoples Republik of Kalifornia company....'nuff said.

I'd spring for the "hydrogen option".....maybe it could be designed to disintegrate the whole $%&@ thing to powder when it fails as it plunges from 12,000 feet and before it lands on the home of an innocent family. :headbang:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Gee, what could possibly go wrong!

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score