Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm running the same version. Can you post the screen your referring to?
Thanks...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
BTW, the presets work awesome with the UI2 interface. You can set the preset in 3D - that is, it recalls position and zoom level. WOW!

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
BTW, the presets work awesome with the UI2 interface. You can set the preset in 3D - that is, it recalls position and zoom level. WOW!
Yep, we use that (3D) feature all the time now with that cam. It's amazing to me that some people don't like PT or PTZ. :p

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yep, we use that (3D) feature all the time now with that cam. It's amazing to me that some people don't like PT or PTZ. :p
Yes, and with triggered events - like a gate opening - my VERA can tell BI not only to record, but to actually PT over to the gate, and zoom in to the offender. Loving it.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Actual power values

I am currently running this Sunba through a 73.4' CCA cable. I'm using these power injectors, and running it through this power meter, located at the camera.

Following are a few peak values I've determined so far.

No camera attached:
Votage = 12.2VDC
Power/Current = 0.00

IR OFF, no PTZ active
Voltage: 11.25VDC
Power: 3.5 watts

IR OFF, PTZ in patrol mode
Voltage: 10.75VDC
Power: 7 watts

IR ON, no PTZ active
Voltage: 10.6VDC
Power: 7.8 watts

IR ON, PTZ patrol mode
Voltage: 8.77VDC
Power: 9.9 watts

What this tells me is that, while there is fairly significant voltage drop/sag, the current on the line never approaches the 802.3af maximum of 15 watts. Clearly, this is why the PoE standard currently calls for 48VDC as the primary carrier voltage.

What is also pretty nice is that the camera does not seem to suffer any effects from the low voltage.

I suspect once I use pure copper cables, that drop will be significantly less. Not bad. Now, I just have to figure out where the smoke in my attic is coming from.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
On some of the sample videos, I've seen where the camera seems to superimpose the optical zoom value (i.e. 10x). Is that not possible with this model?

schundg

n3wb
Reaction score
Help, I just received my Sunba HZ507-20x Mini peed Dome and I loaded Net Surveillance as it asked. Now when I go to 192.168.1.10 in IE All of the labels are question marks ??? What did I do wrong?

I am able to get an image from the camera, but I don't know what any of the controls mean ...

schundg

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so I solved the language problem by choosing the language in the IE screen top right, DUH!

Now when I go to IE and input 192.168.1.10 and try to login using the username admin, I get the message "Login timeout" after a short wait.

When I launch CMS is says to go to System > Device manager to add a device. I do so, and select "IP Search" and it shows the camera at 192.168.1.10. When I select the camera and try to "add Device" it comes back after a short while and says Login timeout.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, so I solved the language problem by choosing the language in the IE screen top right, DUH!

Now when I go to IE and input 192.168.1.10 and try to login using the username admin, I get the message "Login timeout" after a short wait.

When I launch CMS is says to go to System > Device manager to add a device. I do so, and select "IP Search" and it shows the camera at 192.168.1.10. When I select the camera and try to "add Device" it comes back after a short while and says Login timeout.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?
Did you check your router and make sure there wasn't another device at that IP address? One of my Roku's was using that address, so I unplugged it, then connected to the camera and changed it's IP address using Internet Explorer. You have to change some security settings in Internet Explorer for the camera to display correctly in the browser.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have any problems installing the web plugin, here are some things to check (these are from the Installation Manual):

The following items may not match your version of Internet Explorer, but they should point you in the right direction.

In IE interface, select:
Tools
Internet Options
Security - Custom Level

Enable permission to download and install Active X controls and plug-ins

After making the above changes restart Internet Explorer

These changes should allow the plug-in to download and install.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've yet to get either IE or Chrome to work. Both call for quicktime plugins. My IE security settings are set to either 'enabled' or 'prompt'. Nothing relating to activex is disabled. The only way I can view this camera is with BI, or the CMS software.

Is there a way to manually download and install the activex component?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I've yet to get either IE or Chrome to work. Both call for quicktime plugins. My IE security settings are set to either 'enabled' or 'prompt'. Nothing relating to activex is disabled. The only way I can view this camera is with BI, or the CMS software.

Is there a way to manually download and install the activex component?
Not sure about that. Maybe someone else can answer.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
On some of the sample videos, I've seen where the camera seems to superimpose the optical zoom value (i.e. 10x). Is that not possible with this model?
According to the seller the answer is yes. However, I tried it on my Sunba and it didn't work. If you want to try it on your camera, here it is:

Zoom Level Display On = Preset 93 + Call
Zoom Level Display Off = Preset 94 + Call

schundg

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have any problems installing the web plugin, here are some things to check (these are from the Installation Manual):

The following items may not match your version of Internet Explorer, but they should point you in the right direction.

In IE interface, select:
Tools
Internet Options
Security - Custom Level

Enable permission to download and install Active X controls and plug-ins

After making the above changes restart Internet Explorer

These changes should allow the plug-in to download and install.
Thanks Lulu5, I checked for duplicate IP address and found no duplicates.

In IE > tools> Internet options > security custom > enabled most all options under activex

When I try to access the camera via the IP address using IE11 I get "login timeout"

When I try to add the device to CMS, I get "login timeout"

Both of these messages appear after a short period of time. Like the interfaces are trying to access the camera but cannot (due to login timeout???)

It there a reset on this camera? I have removed/restored power to the camera and also rebooted my computer... Any Ideas?

Thanks all!

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks Lulu5, I checked for duplicate IP address and found no duplicates.

In IE > tools> Internet options > security custom > enabled most all options under activex

When I try to access the camera via the IP address using IE11 I get "login timeout"

When I try to add the device to CMS, I get "login timeout"

Both of these messages appear after a short period of time. Like the interfaces are trying to access the camera but cannot (due to login timeout???)

It there a reset on this camera? I have removed/restored power to the camera and also rebooted my computer... Any Ideas?

Thanks all!
I don't use CMS, only use BI and Internet Explorer. Did you try Firefox (not sure if this will work)? How about Onvif Device Manager program. Can it see the camera?

https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/251-Onvif-Device-Manager-v2-2-250

The only reset I know of is in the web interface. There is probably one in CMS too. Not sure if there is something inside the camera.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Forgot to ask, when you power on the camera does the camera perform self test (camera should rotate)? If you cover up the light sensor on the front of the camera, do the left side IR lights turn on?

schundg

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgot to ask, when you power on the camera does the camera perform self test (camera should rotate)? If you cover up the light sensor on the front of the camera, do the left side IR lights turn on?
Yes, the camera goes through a self test and rotates and tilts. I guess I'll try to view it through Blue Iris ... I also put in a message to the seller CCTV to see what they have to say.