Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wish it had POE but if it's reliable and responsive enough on WIFI, I'm in. Can't wait for your review.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
LTS doesn't sell to end users so the only way to get one, for most people "not in the know", is to buy it from a re-seller.
Not that difficult to figure out... theses will likely be available via China soon for even less...

SuruGuru

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, probably an "early adopters" tariff plus the re-sellers markup. However, they did give me a 10% new customer discount plus free 2-day shipping (which ended up being overnight because I live in Dallas and it shipped from LTS Houston) so all things considered I think I faired reasonably. Also, this re-seller gives you a 3-year warranty on the unit so that's a plus. I think the standard LTS warranty is 2-years and I bet zero years on the direct from China units.

I had to pick up a masonry bit today or else I would have installed it last night. I'm hoping to get it done tonight and report back.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, probably an "early adopters" tariff plus the re-sellers markup. However, they did give me a 10% new customer discount plus free 2-day shipping (which ended up being overnight because I live in Dallas and it shipped from LTS Houston) so all things considered I think I faired reasonably. Also, this re-seller gives you a 3-year warranty on the unit so that's a plus. I think the standard LTS warranty is 2-years and I bet zero years on the direct from China units.

I had to pick up a masonry bit today or else I would have installed it last night. I'm hoping to get it done tonight and report back.
lts warranty is 3 years..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The LTS sticker on the actual unit says 2 years.
on what sticker?
Also note that the any warranty is only as good as the company providing it....lts is a multi million dollar operation...

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any idea what app (android) is used for your LTS doorbell version? I don't see any new offering in the Play store from Hikvision/LTS.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
How did the install go? Lets see some pictures and video samples. This unit looks great. Especially if this integrates well with Blue Iris....

Reaction score
@VorlonFrog and @SuruGuru are the ones who've actually bought the camera. I'm waiting on their thoughts before buying. Sorry if my post was confusing
Well, placed an order, anyway. Didn't hear from the guy today. Hopefully next week.

EDIT: 9/25 afternoon: Spoke with him (well, IM anyway) this morning, and he's ordering it this afternoon. Should be here in just a few days.

Last edited:

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any update SuruGuru? Eager to hear your thoughts.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Okay, it took longer to mail the photos to my work address than it did to take or edit the pictures. :screwy:

First, it arrived in a totally non-remarkable brown cardboard box:
IMG-1633.JPG

With an identifying label on one end:
IMG-1634.JPG

Inside, a packet of screws, leads, and torx wrench:
IMG-1635.JPG

A closer look:
IMG-1637.JPG

Beneath the packet, the doorbell covers, black, white, silver, and the doorbell itself, with a dark grey cover. Notice the insulated junction connector between the white and silver covers. More on that, later.
IMG-1638.JPG

Here's a look at the face of the doorbell, outside its plastic bag:
IMG-1640.JPG

Beneath the cover, another ID label, the pushbutton, and camera lens:
IMG-1641.JPG

At the bottom, a security screw for the cover:
IMG-1642.JPG

On the backside, two screw-down electrical contact points for the push button wires:
IMG-1643.JPG

The contents of the bag. Note the two pigtail leads for the contact points. If your doorbell wire is very short (and a LOT of them are) this saves your butt. A very nice touch from them.
IMG-1644.JPG

Finally, a small printed copy of the installation instructions manual, which can be downloaded as a PDF from the Hikvision site:
IMG-1645.JPG

I should point out, you won't have to twist and/or solder and insulate if you use their pigtails. They include an insulated junction connector, in between the white and silver face plates. Another very nice touch from them.

That's all, until tonight when I can get back to my house and complete the wi-fi setup.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
For whats its worth... both LTS reps said that this doorbell wasn't Onvif... but you are able to pull the RTMP stream for playback and recording to a NVR/Blue Iris etc.