Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received a manual firmware update from Laview. The latest firmware allows me to remotely access advance features such as sharpness and change the coding to PAL. Image improved slightly, however, there is not an option to turn off IR.

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just received a manual firmware update from Laview. The latest firmware allows me to remotely access advance features such as sharpness and change the coding to PAL. Image improved slightly, however, there is not an option to turn off IR.
Can you turn off the Outdoor Ring. I have the skybell as well, and usually keep that off anyway.

Also for LaView, its not as good as $99, but there is a special through Christmas for 25% off and free shipping and free returns, making it $149 shipped.

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
You cannot turn off the outdoor ring. Their app is complete crap, there are almost zero options. I hope they will improve on it soon. I had to make many of the changes through my NVR. I am very happy with the picture quality though, I can clearly see peoples faces, also, I am having sensor issue with the new firmware. I'll tweak and retest once I get home. My doorbell was pressed today, but there's no event logged, I had to go back to my NVR to look manually.

The latest firmware broke the motion sensing. Laview promise another firmware in a week or two.

I don't think it's worth $149 in the current state. At $99, my opinion on this device is neutral WITH an NVR. Without NVR, I wouldn't even touch it.

I love my SKYBELL HD, but the picture was too dark because of the sun. If they had options to change brightness, SKYBELL HD would be perfect. It's currently onsale for $129. I gave it to my parents and it work out great for them.

Last edited:

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh - I noticed with the last firmware, they muted the busy signal when you ring the bell. You get an initial "ding dong" then followed by complete silence. If you press the bell again, nothing happens. If the call was rejected, you'll get "the caller you're trying to reach is unavailable."

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oh - I noticed with the last firmware, they muted the busy signal when you ring the bell. You get an initial "ding dong" then followed by complete silence. If you press the bell again, nothing happens. If the call was rejected, you'll get "the caller you're trying to reach is unavailable."
Is this for the LaView version/firmware?

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this for the LaView version/firmware?
Yes - They email it to me because I asked to turn off the IR =\. I installed it, and there's no function to turn off IR and it broke my sensors.

Latest firmware is: 1.4.62 build 171205. I was told they'll have another one in a couple of weeks.

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes - They email it to me because I asked to turn off the IR =\. I installed it, and there's no function to turn off IR and it broke my sensors.

Latest firmware is: 1.4.62 build 171205. I was told they'll have another one in a couple of weeks.
Yikes. Haha.
I was also curious if the firmware was the same one that changed the doorbell sound.

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
Yikes. Haha.
I was also curious if the firmware was the same one that changed the doorbell sound.
Yes - This firmware mute the busy signal I initially complained about. I requested for them to chime "ding dong" for each instance of button pressed. Currently, you only get the first chime, and all sub-sequence button pressed are silent.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Do you think they are still going to provide the option to turn the IR off?

It is curious that LaView seems to be more responsive than HikVision or LTS, even though they are all the same unit. Perhaps nobody contacted HikVision or LTS requesting firmware updates or feature requests.

I am really enticed by the $129 sale price, but $99 would have been better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lpd82

n3wb
Reaction score
Laview customer service is not bad actually. A little slow, but not bad. The lastest firmware detect lights correctly so that IR is NOT triggered when my porch light is on, you don't really need to turn it off anymore.

I want to also add that you'll need a transformer with 20 volts. Mine was 16-17 volts, and it was not enough power to supply the bell chimes as well. My chime would make buzzing noises all day long, until I replaced the transformer.

The transformer was cheap, it's 12 bucks from home depot. It took 5 minutes to change.
Wired Door Bell Contractor Kit-216598 - The Home Depot

Last edited:

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any special steps to connect via browser? I can access mine using IE or chrome. It shows up in sadp.

Also, what's the path to connect the stream to blue iris?

Thank you

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any special steps to connect via browser? I can access mine using IE or chrome. It shows up in sadp.

Also, what's the path to connect the stream to blue iris?

Thank you
I'd like to know too. During setup in the app, I accidentally put in a default pwd. Can't figure out how to change it. And in SADP, its showing under the Security column, "Inactive."

----------

NVM. I was able to change it in SADP, so now it shows Security as active, but I still can't change the port.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi All. Got the camera today and was in the process of installing it; but it keeps rebooting. The blue light around the button comes on, stays on for about 20 seconds and then it just shuts off... about 5 seconds later it comes back on and it repeats this indefinitely. I never get the red/blue flashing light indicating its ready for setup. Anyone else experience this? Do I need to upgrade my transformer?

Gus13

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the hiwatch version from HikVision, same firmware number and the HikConnect app sees it no problem. Also added it to my 7608 NVR. My NVR has PoE so all the wired cams are on a different subnet, however adding a custom protocol as rtsp and add using the local IP and it's now seen as a cam in my NVR.

But....

has anyone got iOS notifications working? when i ring the bell nothing happens on my iPhone. I can load the app and see the video etc but no notifications. My old Android app works and that gets notifications, but nothing on ios. tried 2 different iphones and a hard reset of the doorbell.

Anyone got ios working?
cheers
Gus

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All. Got the camera today and was in the process of installing it; but it keeps rebooting. The blue light around the button comes on, stays on for about 20 seconds and then it just shuts off... about 5 seconds later it comes back on and it repeats this indefinitely. I never get the red/blue flashing light indicating its ready for setup. Anyone else experience this? Do I need to upgrade my transformer?
Have you tried rebooting it manually?

lagvoid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Mine is also not recording events. I've initialized the memory card already..going to contact support.