Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does 171218 have RTSP Authentication options? I've searched the Laview website and I can not find a FW release for this doorbell. Many of their cameras and NVRs have FW releases posted but not the doorbell.
No, I didn't see it on the original firmware nor my current version. There are few links in this forum that go to other versions of the firmware, do a search for "firmware".

Neilly posted the 17218 firmware:
NSC-DB1 Onvif Compatible Wifi Doorbell 1080P IP Camera W/ 32GB Built-in Storage - Nelly's Security

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't have an RTSP authentication option in the web interface. Which version should I have and where do I get it?

I followed your 1-6 steps above with the same 'Error: 8000007a'. I think you may be on to something with RTSP authentication options. I saw that in another post but it was for a different brand doorbell and my FW didn't have that option.
I don't think you need to use LaView. I have RCA and used the Hik-Connect app and updated firmware that way. Are you able to login into the cameras web interface by going to the IP in internet explorer? Logging in there would also be a good way to confirm which firmware version you currently have and also check to make sure your credentials are saved.

If all else fails...hold the button on the side of the camera until it starts talking to you and start the setup over.

Attachments

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes but some people want the hassle free return with Amazon prime, and laview have better support than rca.
Sure, just providing an even cheaper option. Who doesn't want to save 40%?! Plus, you can put LaView firmware and use the LaView app for the RCA version. These are all interchangeable it appears. I am using HIK-Connect and HikVision firmware on my RCA.

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone have a link to the most recent firmware, maybe for Hikvision? My doorbell is still not notifying me when the button is pressed, the wifi is disconnected a lot (Router right near it with a great connection) and the motion detection is horrendous, at best :)

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is starting to sound like I should stick with a camera.
For sure getting regular cameras, this is not a replacement for better quality cameras, for sure. I'm actually happy when it works correctly, the image is sufficient..But it's been unreliable.

Durbs

n3wb
Reaction score
Not having internet connection will not cause that. Check your voltage, sounds like your transformer may be on the hairy edge of the voltage requirements of the cam.
I checked the voltage after reading your post and somehow measured 19V, which should have been within range. After exchanging the camera and still having the same problem with the new one I decided to find the transformer and it turned out that it was only 10V. I purchased a 24v transformer today and that seems to have resolved the problem. Thanks for your help.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone have a link to the most recent firmware, maybe for Hikvision? My doorbell is still not notifying me when the button is pressed, the wifi is disconnected a lot (Router right near it with a great connection) and the motion detection is horrendous, at best :)
Just use the app to update it? I used Hik-Connect app on my iphone to update mine to V1.4.62 build 171127.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I checked the voltage after reading your post and somehow measured 19V, which should have been within range. After exchanging the camera and still having the same problem with the new one I decided to find the transformer and it turned out that it was only 10V. I purchased a 24v transformer today and that seems to have resolved the problem. Thanks for your help.
How did you measure 19v when the transformer was only 10?

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes but some people want the hassle free return with Amazon prime, and laview have better support than rca.
True. If I could return this camera, I would. Even though this is just a secondary camera for my setup, its been entirely too unreliable to even be halfway useful.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You have a different firmware version, check to see if there is any RTSP authentication options like digest, basic, etc..if so, change it to basic, by logging into the cam with browser.

Don't use the find/inspect.
1) Just delete the cam and start over.
2) On the top left, select RTSP,
3) then type in rtsp://camlogin:campassword@YourCamIPaddress:554/Streaming/Channels/101
substitute your login and password that you use to get into the cam using a web browser; don't forget the colon between the login and password, the @ sign, your cam IP address. colon, 554 and
/Streaming/Channels/101
4) Enable RTP/UDP and right next to it, change the default 7000 to 8000
5) Un-check keep-alives
6) press the OK button, the Ok again and wait 1-6 minutes, it should show up.
My friend and I both have ours setup through BI. He's using RSTP and I'm using onvif... Both of us are getting unreliable connections.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I saw this post (and there was at least one other) in the thread for the Nelly’s Security variant, where the users placed a Wireless Access Point near the doorbell and it improved the Wi-Fi signal and data link rate:

NEW 1080P Wifi Video Doorbell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I went as far as replacing my Asus router with a Netgear Orbi setup with 2 satellites. I placed 1 satellite within 6 to 8ft on the the other side of a window. If I remember correctly, it seemed to work fine the first day...

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I went as far as replacing my Asus router with a Netgear Orbi setup with 2 satellites. I placed 1 satellite within 6 to 8ft on the the other side of a window. If I remember correctly, it seemed to work fine the first day...
Just my experience...the Orbi product stinks. I had the router and two sattellites in my 3-story house. I had constant drop outs from my 4 wifi cameras and streaming TVs. I switch to an all Ubiquiti AP Pros and have solid connections now. Streaming 1080p is pretty serious for constant 24/7 without any hiccups. You might need to upgrade your system. But you have rightly assessed...wifi probably should never be the primary video surveillance transport.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I haven't been too impressed with the Orbi either, but it's streaming 3 other indoor wifi cams without issues.

Durbs

n3wb
Reaction score
I, on the other hand, am extremely impressed with the Orbi. I have never seen the kinds of speed on my wifi network that I am seeing now. I have had issues with this camera on that same connection, but I'm hoping that those will be resolved now that I've replaced the transformer.