Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

JJD

n3wb
Reaction score
Same thing, cannot login to the laview app today. I never used any others so definitely something going on

badutahboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Same thing, cannot login to the laview app today. I never used any others so definitely something going on
Ditto. Also getting no account, but if I try to set up a new account it says my phone number and username are taken. I'm guessing their log in server is down.

I'm still getting notifications though. , I just can't see them. This is kind of a weird outage.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm experiencing same issues with hik-connect app on ios as well starting yesterday afternoon. However, I still get notifications from the hik-connect app but can't login to view anything as it throws the can't find my username/account. I had to reinstall the EZVIZ app to get access to my RCA rebranded Hik doorbell camera to view the alert videos. Hope the cloud linkage returns soon as I like the hik-connect app more than their ezviz app.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just a follow up to this for a fix just in case anyone stumbles upon this. I run a Dahua NVR with this doorbell and was having trouble with the ONVIF protocol when adding the doorbell to the NVR. The video feed would drop out randomly (not due to wifi) and the motion detection on the doorbell settings would randomly turn off after enabling it through either the web gui or the phone app. To fix this, I removed the doorbell from the Dahua NVR and added it back with the Customized protocol linked directly to the RTSP streams. The NVR now records the video streams 24/7 with no dropouts. The motion detection was enabled via the web gui and the phone app sends me notifications for motion alerts and clips. Since changing it the motion detection has not turned off randomly. I'm chalking this one up to incompatibilities in the ONVIF interpretation between competing companies.
Yep, I had to re-add and use the below for my RCA rebranded Hik doorbell camera back in March to get it to stay online and record 24/7 on my Dahua 5216-4KS2 series NVR. I also used the NVR web gui to set the detection area as it's blocks are smaller than setting it via hik-connect app for better granularity.
onvif.JPG

ptforums

n3wb
Reaction score
I installed the RCA branded doorbell yesterday. Setup was straight forward. WiFi signal was -65db (WiFi Analyzer) and I have a mechanical bell so I did not measure voltage. After setting up the RCA app on my phone I got it on WiFi and setup the password. I then used the SADP app to find out the IP address and the configured it via the webpage to a static IP.

Setup in Blue Iris was straight forward, I just gave it the IP and told it to detect. Which resulted in Blue Iris configuring it settings for me.

I like the way it is working in Blue Iris. I picked the area of interest and was able to eliminate the 15-20% of wall picked up due to the 180 view. I just wish I could zoom the picture in the webpage / native app because at night the IR is reflecting brightly off of that wall and the resulting scene is underexposed.

tannyiq

n3wb
Reaction score
Also having issues logging in as of a few days ago on Laview android app. I was still getting notifications of motion detection, but I couldn't playback videos and I couldn't see live view in the app. However I could still see live view on Laview NET on my PC since I already added it to my wifi using IP address.

I tried resetting the doorbell and readding but I wish I didn't. Now I can't see it on my PC anymore :(

JJD

n3wb
Reaction score
Ya this us really annoying I called laview and they said they have no issues. Tempted now to dump it and go nest hello after this.

JohnMX

n3wb
Reaction score
Called LaView tech support. They told me manufacture started maintenance Friday and it is still on going. It seems like LaView is not sure what is going on.
They advised me to try the app again tomorrow.

tannyiq

n3wb
Reaction score
This is the email response I got from Laview today. I will try logging in again tomorrow with old username

"We do apologize for the inconvenience. However, it does appear that our servers are currently under maintenance. Per our development team, maintenance should be completed by the end of the day. During this time, upon logging in, you may be prompted with "account does not exist" or "input a correct account or select a correct country/region". These are both symptoms that may not be directly applicable to your account but are a result of this maintenance period. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and invite you to log in once more at the end of the day."

JJD

n3wb
Reaction score
Well another day and still not able to login. Surprised more people are not pissed about this. I know we have it recording to blue iris, but the whole point is to be able to answer when someone rings the doorbell. Midas-well just put a camera up at this point.

Reaction score
Well another day and still not able to login. Surprised more people are not pissed about this. I know we have it recording to blue iris, but the whole point is to be able to answer when someone rings the doorbell. Midas-well just put a camera up at this point.
I've been able to use the Guarding Vision app instead of the laview one. Others are also reporting being able to login to one app, but not others. It's not an ideal solution but it at least gives you access to the doorbell features while they finish their "maintenance" :rolleyes:

JJD

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been able to use the Guarding Vision app instead of the laview one. Others are also reporting being able to login to one app, but not others. It's not an ideal solution but it at least gives you access to the doorbell features while they finish their "maintenance" :rolleyes:
Well that only helps users that used another app before this "maintenance" the wife and I solely used the laview app since we got the doorbell so have no other option other than creating a new account.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well that only helps users that used another app before this "maintenance" the wife and I solely used the laview app since we got the doorbell so have no other option other than creating a new account.
what firmware version of your laview cam has? my laview came with v1.4.62 build 171219. the laview ios app i am using is v3.3.0.180324. i have no problem loggin into laview app and use it.
But as i had first reported the outage on friday morning, i was also using hik-connect app to combine both laview cam and another RCA cam. i got the outage on hik-connect app but has had no problem using laview. not sure if it has anything to do with firmware version or app version

iakov

n3wb
Reaction score
what do you guys use to set the motion detection area on your doorbells? ivms-4200? what else can be used for that? any mobile apps that will do that?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
You should be able to log into one of the other apps is what @breakfast247 is saying. So yes, you do have other options: Hik-Connect, Guarding Vision, Guarding Expert and iVMS-4500 to name a few.

Reaction score
Just checked the laview app and it's working again. Hopefully everyone else is back in business

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
what do you guys use to set the motion detection area on your doorbells? ivms-4200? what else can be used for that? any mobile apps that will do that?
Hik-Connect will let you set motion zones.

tannyiq

n3wb
Reaction score
I am now able to login again today. I use Laview app.
I was trying RCA app when server was "under maintenance" just to see if it would work, and it looks like I can connect to the doorbell with RCA app as well.