Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, it needs AC. Chances are you will have to upgrade your doorbell transformer to something more powerful than the standard 10VA. That is the consensus in the forums. Do yourself a favor and test with a transformer with at least 20VA. I bought a 30VA and my system is working fine. Also, your WiFi proximity is key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Has any firmware revision corrected the horrible infrared on the camera?
Hey @Errand Wolfe, if you read back through this thread you'll see there's a lot of discussion about the IR. Unfortunately, there is no way in the software to disable the IR on this camera and the manufacturer said they cannot add that ability due to a hardware limitation. Some users just live with it, others have opened up the case and cleaned the inside for the plastic dome, and others (like me) have opened it up and physically unplugged the IR emitters. I personally didn't need the IR anyway because it's mounted near a door with a yard light illuminating the area. By unplugging the IR emitters it effectively solved the problem for me. Hope that helps!

Reaction score
Hey @Errand Wolfe, if you read back through this thread you'll see there's a lot of discussion about the IR. Unfortunately, there is no way in the software to disable the IR on this camera and the manufacturer said they cannot add that ability due to a hardware limitation. Some users just live with it, others have opened up the case and cleaned the inside for the plastic dome, and others (like me) have opened it up and physically unplugged the IR emitters. I personally didn't need the IR anyway because it's mounted near a door with a yard light illuminating the area. By unplugging the IR emitters it effectively solved the problem for me. Hope that helps!
It does, thank you very much. Would you be able to point me to the area discussing disconnecting the IR? 95 pages with no search function is a bit of a time consumer to get through.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It does, thank you very much. Would you be able to point me to the area discussing disconnecting the IR? 95 pages with no search function is a bit of a time consumer to get through.
Sure, no problem. There is a search feature but I also had trouble finding that particular post. Here's a link to the post where @drachen talked about it, including a photo of the two jumpers to unplug if you decide to disconnect the IR emitters: Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

wheelbirth

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys. Anyone here knows the default username and password for the RCA HSDB1 doorbell cam? I want to view the doorbell cam with Hikvision app or Blur Iris app. Thanks

wheelbirth

n3wb
Reaction score
Found the verification code but no luck in using it as a password. I contacted the support staff of RCA but they can't provide the username and password too. Any other ideas guys? Thanks.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
did you put admin before the verification code? (Let's say verification code is ABCXYZ) Then the password would be adminABCXYZ, for example.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
No problem at all. Next time I come to Vegas you can buy me a beer if you want! :lol:

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If people are trying to figure out 2-way audio on blue iris, I think I found the answer in this video's comments -
1. Go to camera properties
2. Go to the video tab and select configure
3. Change the Make to HikVision and the model to DS-2CDxxxRTSP
4. Change the path to /h264/ch01/main/av_stream
5. RTSP Port should be 554 and ONVIF Port should be 80

Boy oh boy, I just cant figure this out. I followed these directions exactly, yet I can get BI on my Samsung S10 5G phone to work. I can hear anyone at the front door great, but when I try to talk to them, nothing comes out. The RCA Security android app works great with 2 way communication. My Foscam cameras work perfectly with 2 way communication. Im thinking I am missing something basic? Im using 15 FPS. I also watched this video: Loudspeaker volume is at 10. Microphone at 10. HSDB1 model. Device version 1.4.62 build 171127 (No newer version avaialble). Do I have to port forward something? I woudlnt think so since the RCA app works 2 way. I also tried ONVIF port 8999. Any other tabs in BI I need to change?

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a LTS doorbell problem. Everything works as expected with Blue Iris however when the doorbell looses wireless connectivity it issues one ding at any time night or day. My wife and I have just about got to the point where we ignore the doorbell and are about to remove the doorbell from the system. It stays disconnected for about 30 seconds then reconnects and works normally.

1. No, it is not the wireless router, I have the latest Netgear X-10 Night Hawk router about 15 feet away
2. I have a high end Netgear Nighthawk range Extender about 20 feet away.
3. I have no wireless issues with any other wireless device.
4. All my LTS cameras (13 of them) work flawlessly with Blue Iris, even a (one) LTS wireless cube camera twice as far away.
5. I have removed the camera from the system and reset the camera software twice.
6 . I put in a new Transformer about 2 years ago; the door bell rings even when disconnected from the wireless.

Question

A. Am I missing anything?
B. Is there any way to stop the ding when it looses connectivity? I don't mind the loss of connectivity, only the unnecessary ding.

(concerning FPS topic from above, I get between 10 and 12 FPS)

Thank you for any suggestions.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a LTS doorbell problem. Everything works as expected with Blue Iris however when the doorbell looses wireless connectivity it issues one ding at any time night or day. My wife and I have just about got to the point where we ignore the doorbell and are about to remove the doorbell from the system. It stays disconnected for about 30 seconds then reconnects and works normally.

1. No, it is not the wireless router, I have the latest Netgear X-10 Night Hawk router about 15 feet away
2. I have a high end Netgear Nighthawk range Extender about 20 feet away.
3. I have no wireless issues with any other wireless device.
4. All my LTS cameras (13 of them) work flawlessly with Blue Iris, even a (one) LTS wireless cube camera twice as far away.
5. I have removed the camera from the system and reset the camera software twice.
6 . I put in a new Transformer about 2 years ago; the door bell rings even when disconnected from the wireless.

Question

A. Am I missing anything?
B. Is there any way to stop the ding when it looses connectivity? I don't mind the loss of connectivity, only the unnecessary ding.

(concerning FPS topic from above, I get between 10 and 12 FPS)

Thank you for any suggestions.
Sounds like it could be a power issue to me - either the transformer, circuit, or wiring? I also have some problems with this model, but the only time it "dings" the chime is when it loses power and restarts.

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
firmware update? defective unit?
Transformer: test the output.

Easiest thing is to replace the unit, youre spending a lot of timechasing an issue which seems really odd.