Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have step by step how to update the laview firmware?

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The code in Michigan is the installed microwave must be on a dedicated circuit. If your DB transformer and microwave are on the same circuit, the voltage drop caused by the high current drain microwave could be upsetting your DB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Separate circuit plus the DB Transformer is on a dedicated circuit w/ UPS with line conditioning and dual 100ah group 27 batteries. Not a super terrible code to have the Microwave on it's own circuit.

as far as i know the firmware can be done via sd card on any of the brands. at least with the Hik firmware update that is.

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Separate circuit plus the DB Transformer is on a dedicated circuit w/ UPS with line conditioning and dual 100ah group 27 batteries.
Whoa, sounds like it’s not a power related issue. However, when the power goes out in my neighborhood, my doorbell rings once. Can you monitor the DB voltage while turning on the microwave? Maybe your microwave is talking smack to the DB over the 2.4MHz WiFi.
Definitely a strange issue considering your setup.

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
oh it definitely is, untill i got 5ghz AC it would wifi to computers in the living room. i'm wondering the doorbell is acting like a phone on a plane mid flight when it starts looking for networks and drains the battery

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just installed the Uniden version of the DB1. Am I supposed to get a notification on my phone when someone rings the doorbell? I'm using the Uniden app on my iPhone. Also, wireless signal is really weak -63dBm and the AP is 15 ft. from it. I'm using a 24V transformer. Any suggestions? Thanks

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I get notifications on my phone. I’m using the Hik-Connect app. I also have the Uniden app installed but have all notifications turned off on it and don’t use it. What’s the V/A rating of your transformer?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I get notifications on my phone. I’m using the Hik-Connect app. I also have the Uniden app installed but have all notifications turned off on it and don’t use it. What’s the V/A rating of your transformer?

24V 20VA

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Your power supply sounds sufficient. Try the hik-connect app. Also, log into the camera’s IP on your desktop and play with some of the setting via the GUI.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Your power supply sounds sufficient. Try the hik-connect app. Also, log into the camera’s IP on your desktop and play with some of the setting via the GUI.

Thanks Tim... if I use the Hik app do I have to reset the camera back up where I scan the barcode, connect to wifi etc. or can I just add the device somehow? I have connected to the IP of the cam. Some of the settings won't save my changes, I get "parameter error".

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think you should be able to log into the Hik-connect app with the same credentials as the uniden. They use the same servers. I don’t know about your parameter errors.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I think you should be able to log into the Hik-connect app with the same credentials as the uniden. They use the same servers. I don’t know about your parameter errors.

That worked. I'll see how it compares to the Uniden One app. By the way, where do I set the motion detection settings? I can't find them in the app. Thanks again!

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Three dots above “my device”.
Alarm notification
Draw motion detection area

It’s all in there. However, draw boxes are smaller in the web GUI.

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
U really have to keep the lens clean. I use a microfiber eyeglass cloth about twice a week depending on wind/rain and my sprinkler overspray.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
U really have to keep the lens clean. I use a microfiber eyeglass cloth about twice a week depending on wind/rain and my sprinkler overspray.

Went out there and cleaned it. Now the IR won't turn back on for some reason.

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Most people on this forum wished there was a way to turn it off and keep it off. Some disassemble it and remove the wires to the ir light. Too much internal reflection. Yours isn’t acting correctly if it hasn’t come on after 15 minutes. Maybe it will come back on tomorrow night

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think there is a way to issue a reboot command from the Web GUI. You could try that to see if your IR comes back on.