Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also when I try to do a playback, it says error, no files to display. I chked in NVR as well, it seems to be there, recording also enabled but nothing is being recorded. What could be the reason ?
Sounds like my non-NVR issue. I kept getting “no files found” when trying to play recorded alarms. I had to reseat the SD card to solve the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luvkashyap

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like my non-NVR issue. I kept getting “no files found” when trying to play recorded alarms. I had to reseat the SD card to solve the issue.

Hi
Thanks for the reply . I am talking about recording to the NVR (hikvision NVR) and not to the SD card. See attached

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

Luvkashyap

n3wb
Reaction score
As seen in the pics, it shows in the nvr but under storage of the doorbell it doesn't show any HDD even though it's configured in the NVR

Attachments

nrc

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the LaView version working great on my desk for almost a month powered with a RING transformer. Notifications and PIR worked perfectly. Recording from Zoneminder worked perfectly. But then I deleted it from my App because I didn't want to keep getting alerts every time I sat down at my desk. I think that was a mistake.

Once I mounted it and re-added it to the app it no longer provides motion or door bell ring notifications. Argh. My theory is that when you do this the recordings are left on the SD card and it hoses things up when you re-add it. Solution might be formatting but my doorbell is too close to the brick to get it out without unmounting everything. I'm going to run it in Zoneminder for a while and see if I want to fight with it.

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
all connected up in parallel with the alarm plug pack, seem to be no adverse effects (alarm is reading normal voltage, doorbell is fully operational)

now just to sort out the other little quirks with this doorbell, like "No platform access" when i hop onto another ssid with my phone, and not recording motion events on NVR...
its been a couple of months so i thought i might update this. the doorbell is going fine and the image is great. night is fine too, as there is a sensor porch light so video is hardly ever in IR mode. notifications also seem to work via hikconnect (although other than my own testing, Ive only had 2 visitors who pressed the doorbell since November!). When the phone is locked, it does feel a bit clumsy having to open the notification AND THEN accept the call. I missed the first visitor because I just opened the notification and started talking, without realising i needed to accept the call first. makes sense though i guess, because you might want to see who is there before talking to them.

got it mounted on a temporary wooden wedge for a better view of the porch area. i will be making a prettier mosaic tiled mount when i have some free time. the wedge is angled at around 12-degs.

it is powered fine in parallel with the alarm power pack, no issues with either device. thanks for the previous advice. Haven't connected an inline dingdong bell yet.

i also have the same recording issue as above where iVMS4200 on my mac says there are no recorded files, but if I log into the hikvision NVR using internet explorer, the motion-triggered recordings are all there. strange--and a bit inconvenient--but workable (not using an SD card with mine).

Attachments

signal9

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone know where to find the latest firmware version? I have the Nelly's one (NSC-DB1) but it looks like they took down their page about it.

Reaction score
I've found that my two devices (a laview and a u-bell) are found in IFTTT ezviz integration. maybe is possible to get the doorbell ring via IFTTT. In the configuration page there are a lot of trigger but not an explicit "doorbell ring/call/button". I'm making some tries

65kfoster

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed problems with the DB1 ringing the bell during a power outage?

I have 2 of these doorbells and they both do the same thing. Anytime the power is removed from the doorbell and reapplied later the doorbell rings.

My wife hates this as it inevitably rings at 2am when we are dead asleep.

Trying to figure out a way to solve it.

doctorwizz

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a fix for this DB that won't record to SD?
I have this now. I formatted SD card in a PC and re-initialed it. It recorded one clip and now will not record.
Phone does not ring anymore either. It did for a few minutes after I Pc formatted the SD card and re-installed.
How is it that after PC formatting there were still saved pics on the card?

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed problems with the DB1 ringing the bell during a power outage?

I have 2 of these doorbells and they both do the same thing. Anytime the power is removed from the doorbell and reapplied later the doorbell rings.

Yes that did happen to me when I used this doorbell. Eventually it died, and I moved up to the newer 3mp version and it's been great and the power outage ring is also gone

Last edited:

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is why my PoE switch is on a UP with Dual 100Ah behemoth sized batteries. i'm tired of dealing with power interruptions to electronics in general.

klunkerbus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed problems with the DB1 ringing the bell during a power outage? ... Trying to figure out a way to solve it.
The problem is that the chime and DB1 are powered in series. When power is reapplied, current rushes through the chime to the DB1 as part of powering it up, and that can be enough current to cause the chime to strike. Likewise, if you watch the chime throughout the startup, you may even see the the chime piston moving in and out as the DB1 is speaking about connecting to wifi. This is because the current flowing through the chime to the DB1 varies as the DB1 is speaking.

EDIT: I deleted the part about stretching the spring on the chime solenoid piston. That was a fix for a different issue.

Last edited:

nrc

n3wb
Reaction score
Fortunately my doorbell is wired to a breaker that doesn't power anything else important. So if I don't want it to ring in the middle of the night I can turn that breaker off and just leave it until the morning. This works out anyway because in my experience if the doorbell comes up immediate my wifi isn't ready to accept connections and then I end up power cycling the doorbell to get it to connect anyway.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score

I'm no electronics expert so can't guarantee this as a solution, but it sounds like you could do with a soft start circuit between the PSU and doorbell, so the current rises slowly when the power is re-applied.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
What I'd really like to see with these is a wireless chime option. In Europe, almost no door bells are wired anymore because of the use of PVC doors and the fact that wireless doorbells are so reliable. I understand fully the doorbell itself might need to be wired to a transformer for power, however, it would be nice to have the option of connecting it to a wireless chime.

ggyyggyy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, sorry I could not find the answer in the thread. I have been using the LTS doorbell for over a year w/o problem. The video record had been saved to a harddrive. For some reason it lost the linkage to it recently. I can still see the video feed through the phone app. I tried reset the doorbell, but still could not access the doorbell from the recording box, it kept saying I don't have the right user name and password to the device. Is it going back to default name/password? If yes, what is it? Thanks for the help.