Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

ggyyggyy

n3wb
Reaction score
Of course as soon as I made the post, then I found the answer in the thread, admin + the verification code. Thanks for this forum anyway. :)

Hey, sorry I could not find the answer in the thread. I have been using the LTS doorbell for over a year w/o problem. The video record had been saved to a harddrive. For some reason it lost the linkage to it recently. I can still see the video feed through the phone app. I tried reset the doorbell, but still could not access the doorbell from the recording box, it kept saying I don't have the right user name and password to the device. Is it going back to default name/password? If yes, what is it? Thanks for the help.

65kfoster

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm no electronics expert so can't guarantee this as a solution, but it sounds like you could do with a soft start circuit between the PSU and doorbell, so the current rises slowly when the power is re-applied.
Any ideas how i could accomplish this maybe a large capacitor?

klunkerbus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It would be more complicated than that since the typical doorbell wiring is low voltage AC, not DC.

One option that comes to mind is to add a resistor across the chime terminals - that is prescribed as a means to reduce the idle state "chatter" at the chime solenoids. The reason for that would also help with the power-up ring. Some kits came with a 10-ohm resistor for use in place of a chime; adding that across the chime might work. The resistor across the chime terminals has a down side in that the chime may not ring as loud or only leave you with a single note chime instead of two-note chime since some current is now flowing through the resistor instead of the chime solenoid. It might take some trial and error to figure out what value of resistor stops the power up chime without overly affecting the desired chime notes.

If you're into DIY electronics, there's also the pulse stretcher circuit I mentioned in another thread. My main objective was to increase the delay between the two chime notes, but I noticed a side benefit in that the chime wasn't as prone to the power-up ring.

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A capacitor filters DC and lets AC (spikes) through. An inductor filters out spikes and lets DC pass. However, I don’t know how big an inductor would be needed to solve your issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Is there a way to replace the lens? The fisheye view looks awful.
Sorry very old, only just seen this. It's not the lens being a fish eye that's at fault (fish eye actually only refers to any lens over 180 degrees. It's not a lens type in itself). It's the fact it's not rectilinear ie it doesn't produce a distortion free image from edge to edge. You can get lens that don't distort. However, in wide angle, the wider you go, the more expensive they tend to be. I'm sure they could produce a better lens than this though. You might also be able to use an advanced video editing program to correct the fish eye effect.

Deten

n3wb
Reaction score
Where can I find the latest firmware for this from Hikvision? Also I recently lost my RTSP stream and I dont know why :( Anyone else know how to get this set up with Synology?

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Where can I find the latest firmware for this from Hikvision? Also I recently lost my RTSP stream and I dont know why :( Anyone else know how to get this set up with Synology?

Hikvision doesn't have this doorbell. They were going to release it one and half years ago but in the end it didn't show up. They ended up selling it as an EZViz model. If you want firmware then you may check there. Since this is an LTS doorbell I would recommend going to their website and getting the doorbell's firmware.

Deten

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision doesn't have this doorbell. They were going to release it one and half years ago but in the end it didn't show up. They ended up selling it as an EZViz model. If you want firmware then you may check there. Since this is an LTS doorbell I would recommend going to their website and getting the doorbell's firmware.
Hrmm,

Currently I am running 1.4.62 build 180726 and access this through hikconnect, Would I need touse a different application if I used someone elses firmware?

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hrmm,

Currently I am running 1.4.62 build 180726 and access this through hikconnect, Would I need touse a different application if I used someone elses firmware?
I think you are using Nelly’s firmware since it is 180726. I use Uniden’s app and Hik-Connect without issues. They all go through the same server. That firmware is the latest AFAIK.

Deten

n3wb
Reaction score
I think you are using Nelly’s firmware since it is 180726. I use Uniden’s app and Hik-Connect without issues. They all go through the same server. That firmware is the latest AFAIK.

Got it, I think I recall that now.

What is the absolute latest firmware? Or should I stick with Unidens firmware since its technically the brand of my doorbell?

I know a bunch of companies package this hikvision camera. I dont know if they all release their own firmware? Or if that firmware is compatible with each device or if there is some incompatibility.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

So the doorbell is going to the Hik-Connect server? I thought for the OEM's it will show a server of dev.guardingvision.com instead of the Hikconnect one?

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got it, I think I recall that now.

What is the absolute latest firmware? Or should I stick with Unidens firmware since its technically the brand of my doorbell?

I know a bunch of companies package this hikvision camera. I dont know if they all release their own firmware? Or if that firmware is compatible with each device or if there is some incompatibility.
You can snoop the Hik site for firmware here: ftp:/ftp.hikvisioneurope.com/Technical%20Materials/07%20%20Video%20Intercom/00%20%20Product%20Firmware/IP%20Door%20Bells/Wi-Fi%20Door%20Bell/

nathan909

n3wb
Reaction score
So I have the LV-PDB1520F1 with V1.4.62 build 180515 firmware.

Everything works fine, but the device has never saved a "CALL" notification to my log only "Motion Detection Alarm" event notifications.
Is this correct?

Slugger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So what's the verdict on these doorbells? I am setting up blue iris and cams around the house. We already have a Ring Pro that works great for the most part. But if I could get rid of the subscription and have it in BI I would prefer that. So long as it works as well as Ring and I can talk to people... Verdict? Will we be happy?

nrc

n3wb
Reaction score
This model works fine for monitoring and recording the doorbell camera with BI and I get ring events on the doorbell app. That's generally all I need. But I don't find the app useful or reliable for two way chat to answer the doorbell or recording events in the app itself. The app is just a little too flaky to be reliable for that.

Most would probably recommend the newer model discussed in another thread. There's a thread in here comparing different options but I don't think that's been updated lately.

Slugger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have both don't waste your money on this one.
Should I get one at all? Ring Pro works pretty well for what it does. I value and use the feature where I talk to people at my door and have a two way conversation. It functions as an intercom.

Does that work properly and without much delay with the ONVIF doorbells? If so what is the best model?

BeerNut

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you're satisfied with Ring Pro I would stick with it. The new one with ONVIF seems to work well when I have a chance to speak through it. I haven't used it much with people ringing the doorbell, dropping off packages then scurrying back to their car.