Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This model works fine for monitoring and recording the doorbell camera with BI and I get ring events on the doorbell app. That's generally all I need. But I don't find the app useful or reliable for two way chat to answer the doorbell or recording events in the app itself. The app is just a little too flaky to be reliable for that.

Most would probably recommend the newer model discussed in another thread. There's a thread in here comparing different options but I don't think that's been updated lately.
heck my ring is incapable of 2 way audio. never has worked ever, either RING model both wired (Elite) and wireless (pro). this is with a 200mbps down, 25mpbs up inet connection.

Slugger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
heck my ring is incapable of 2 way audio. never has worked ever, either RING model both wired (Elite) and wireless (pro). this is with a 200mbps down, 25mpbs up inet connection.
Have you tried one of the ONVIF doorbells to see how it works? I'm looking for comparisons. Our two way audio with the Ring Pro works but it isn't always perfect. Sometimes slow to load but the new Rapid Ring app has sped it up a bit. My mother's Ring Pro also works albeit a little slower. You may want to contact Ring support...

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried one of the ONVIF doorbells to see how it works? I'm looking for comparisons. Our two way audio with the Ring Pro works but it isn't always perfect. Sometimes slow to load but the new Rapid Ring app has sped it up a bit. My mother's Ring Pro also works albeit a little slower. You may want to contact Ring support...
There is a Hikvision hardware-based doorbell you may want to look into. it's seems to be a quite popular doorbell here on this site since its' thread is over 200 pages now.

You will find this post at New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera but I would recommend reading the FAQ / Guide on it over at New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

If Ring working out great for you then I would just stick with it.

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Seems like the HikConnect app received an update recently... Do people still get the option of live view when someone presses the door bell, before actually accepting their 'call'? These days I'm just getting a black call screen liked a normal phone call without any live video...

I'd like to see who is standing at my front door before actually deciding whether I want to talk to them. Can't seem to find anything in the settings....

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
after a while my doorbell started buzzing so it's been off for some time now. i'm just holding out for a decent ONVIF ETHERNET doorbell.

Last edited:

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Seems like the HikConnect app received an update recently... Do people still get the option of live view when someone presses the door bell, before actually accepting their 'call'? These days I'm just getting a black call screen liked a normal phone call without any live video...

I'd like to see who is standing at my front door before actually deciding whether I want to talk to them. Can't seem to find anything in the settings....
I just verified mine is doing the same thing on my iPhone. I have no video when someone pushes the button until I accept the call. How ridiculous. Nice update...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdoublejj

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Should I get one at all? Ring Pro works pretty well for what it does. I value and use the feature where I talk to people at my door and have a two way conversation. It functions as an intercom.

Does that work properly and without much delay with the ONVIF doorbells? If so what is the best model?

i had the pro and now the ring elite, 2 way has never worked. it's false advertising if you ask me. i never got the app fully setup on my phone because it wanted too many permissions and i ain't giving the chinese all that extra acess on my phone.

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just verified mine is doing the same thing on my iPhone. I have no video when someone pushes the button until I accept the call. How ridiculous. Nice update...
had a knock at the front door today, and yup, still no video on the iPhone Hik-Connect app. its just a black call screen similar to a normal phone call.

wtf is this...the video is the whole frigging point of having the camera doorbell, and they remove that function? smh...going to try some of the other apps (LTS, RCA, etc) to see if they work better or if there is a workaround

I was just playing around with it now. LTS app seems exactly the same as Hik-connect but I don't get calls probably because that requires signing up with the LTS connect account, which I didn't do.

on the iPhone, when you answer a call with the phone screen off it is just a "slide to answer" bar, but under the 'speaker' icon there is a "hik-connnect" icon where it switches to the Hik app so you get the live video. but i can't seem to find a way to get the video before deciding whether or not to answer the call...it did this before the app update (or maybe it was the iOS update)...maybe its in the call/phone settings somewhere

Last edited:

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I logged out of the Hik-Connect app and turned on notifications for my Uniden-One app and I’m back in business. I now see the person who pushed the button without having to answer the call. Uniden One App Version 1.3.1.190213. Device version 1.4.62 build 171225. iPhone 8 iOS 13.6

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the last 6 months or so, I've gotten color at night (no IR), which has been great. Haven't changed a thing and now it's switching to IR at night, which is unfortunate. A side result of this is I get a motion detection each night when it switches from color to b&w and I'm wondering if anyone has had that experience and if they figured out a way to stop it from doing that. Just curious what the newest firmware that's out on this unit right now (I'm guessing not much, sense there's a newer model). Just curious if anyone with a Mac computer has been able to use live view with a web browser after updating to Catalina OS? I upgraded and locked myself out of that option, unfortunately, as the plug-in no longer works. iVMS-4200 works decent, but live view gets choppy after about an hour of viewing (resetting the image goes back to non-choppy for about an hour). Playback of recordings is never choppy, just live view. Thanks

Last edited:

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My Uniden has been loosing the 32 Gig SD card connection periodically. I’ll check the status and it will show storage status “Not Initialized”. The way I fix it is to take the cover off and remove/reinsert the card. Then, restarting the app usually fixes it while maintaining my previous recorded videos. Recently, this error is happening almost daily. Anyone else have this issue with any brand of this HikVision doorbell? Any known permanent fixes? I haven’t tried swapping out the card yet.

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For the last 6 months or so, I've gotten color at night (no IR), which has been great. Haven't changed a thing and now it's switching to IR at night, which is unfortunate. A side result of this is I get a motion detection each night when it switches from color to b&w and I'm wondering if anyone has had that experience and if they figured out a way to stop it from doing that. Just curious what the newest firmware that's out on this unit right now (I'm guessing not much, sense there's a newer model). Just curious if anyone with a Mac computer has been able to use live view with a web browser after updating to Catalina OS? I upgraded and locked myself out of that option, unfortunately, as the plug-in no longer works. iVMS-4200 works decent, but live view gets choppy after about an hour of viewing (resetting the image goes back to non-choppy for about an hour). Playback of recordings is never choppy, just live view. Thanks
Update: For whatever reason, the IR doesn't come on any more. I also resolved the choppy live view by using NVMS7000 instead. The main issue I'm having now is around 6:30 AM every morning I'm getting this while watching live-view (doesn't impact the recording on the NVR):
Screen Shot 2020-09-13 at 9.34.25 AM.png

I'm also getting random (maybe once or twice every couple days) full wifi disconnects from the camera, then it re-connects. Wifi signal is very strong at the point of the doorbell, so no idea what the issue is. I did upgrade the power supply to a higher AMP and I started noticing the periodic disconnects after this. I'm also considering to upgrade the to newer the HDSB2A version, but not sure how much it will resolve any of these issues. I'm sure there's something I need to program that I haven't - just haven't discovered what it is, yet.

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I logged out of the Hik-Connect app and turned on notifications for my Uniden-One app and I’m back in business. I now see the person who pushed the button without having to answer the call. Uniden One App Version 1.3.1.190213. Device version 1.4.62 build 171225. iPhone 8 iOS 13.6
sorry for the late update - finally got around to this, and YES!! it is working again as described above.

took a bit of effort to reset the device and delete it from my hik-connect, but finally back to how it was.

thanks muchly for the advice - until another update borks it again I guess...!

dony71

n3wb
Reaction score
does anybody experience notification failure recently?
ring the bell also does not ring uniden one apps on iphone
firmware V1.4.62 build 180809, uniden one app v1.3.1.190213, iphone xr ios 13.5

Last edited:

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
does anybody experience notification failure recently?
yes, after getting the doorbell working with the uniden app, i found it did stop sending notifications through after i missed a delivery. i installed the LTS Connection version of the app and switched the doorbell account over to that, and it has been working fine since.

its really bugging me that its happening though. i see you're also on IOS...i seem to recall that it started happening after IOS 14.0 was released and the apps were updated to suit. not sure where to go if the LTS Connect app stops sending notifications, maybe try the Hik-Connect app again...

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, after getting the doorbell working with the uniden app, i found it did stop sending notifications through after i missed a delivery. i installed the LTS Connection version of the app and switched the doorbell account over to that...i seem to recall that it started happening after IOS 14.0 was released and the apps were updated to suit.
Did you try to get both the Uniden & LTS apps working at the same time? How did you get the LTS working? Did you just log out of the Uniden? I tried adding my doorbell to the LTS but it says it’s already registered. I tried sharing from Uniden to LTS but couldn’t get it to work. I’m trying to avoid deleting the doorbell from the hikvision servers and starting from scratch.

65kfoster

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone know how to find the nellys firmware for this model? My uniden firmware has been nothing but trouble I have reset it a million times and the notifications always stop working after a few days. If you manually check the doorbell is still recording it just wont give you any push notifications.

Last edited:

thestooge

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you try to get both the Uniden & LTS apps working at the same time? How did you get the LTS working? Did you just log out of the Uniden? I tried adding my doorbell to the LTS but it says it’s already registered. I tried sharing from Uniden to LTS but couldn’t get it to work. I’m trying to avoid deleting the doorbell from the hikvision servers and starting from scratch.
nah I just switched the account over to the LTS app using the same method you described previously...the doorbell press notifications can only go to one application (havent tried sharing...), and you have to 'unbind' any other app that was previously registered to receive doorbell notifications.

im just using the app for receiving doorbell notifications...the actual doorbell is recording events to a hikvision NVR in the house, so i guess that in my situation there are no servers i need to worry about....

TimTech

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ahhh, I didn’t have to “unbind” when I went from Hik to the Uniden app. That LTS “unbind” prompt gave me the willies so I bailed. I’ll first try to logout of the Uniden and then set up LTS. If I get prompted to unbind, I’ll pull the trigger and hope for the best. Thanks!