[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I try to update at last version and getting this error. AITool-VorlonCD-v2.0.988 no such table: History [SQLiteException] (In ) (UpdateHistoryList) is it known for anyone?

seth-feinberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1616433719536.png

I am noticing that my AI triggered video clips are jumping around a bit (i.e. are not a continuous clip). I was under the impression the checking the "Record No Signal and Inactive Frames" was the option to stop the skipping around? Would i also need this "retriggers" option?1616434599669.png

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
View attachment 85222

I am noticing that my AI triggered video clips are jumping around a bit (i.e. are not a continuous clip). I was under the impression the checking the "Record No Signal and Inactive Frames" was the option to stop the skipping around? Would i also need this "retriggers" option?View attachment 85223
What is your break time on the trigger tab?

seth-feinberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is your break time on the trigger tab?
I set them all to 3 secs, but now that you mention that I do remember that break time has to play nice with another time setting, the cool down?

There is also a Pre-trigger buffer of 5secs and i take a jpeg on a cloned camera every 4 secs. Though couldn't remember where cool down was right away (or what it did)....maybe it's in AI Tool?

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I set them all to 3 secs, but now that you mention that I do remember that break time has to play nice with another time setting, the cool down?

There is also a Pre-trigger buffer of 5secs and i take a jpeg on a cloned camera every 4 secs. Though couldn't remember where cool down was right away (or what it did)....maybe it's in AI Tool?
My understanding of your problem is that you have too many short clips. My setup is the clone camera creates the jpegs on motion 1 time every 3 seconds. Below are the trigger settings for that camera. If the camera is re-triggered between the first and second jpeg the clone will generate at least 2 more jpegs.

1616551245797.png

I use the clone Master to record the clips. I have the break time set to 20 seconds after the trigger ends. If within the 20 seconds the Clone Master recieves another trigger it will record for another 20 seconds.

1616551554133.png

The "also re-triggers" checkbox is on the alerts tab. Mine is unchecked. The checkbox will allow BI to send more alerts if you have BI configured to send alerts.

AiTool has several Cooldown settings on the "Actions" tab. These have to deal with how often the various actions are taken. I have my cooldown settings at 0 because AiTool sends MQTT topics and payloads to HomeSeer where I control how often BI is triggered and how often texts and push notifications are sent. I want AiTool to notify HomeSeer of every object detected.

Reaction score
Okay, so I am having trouble getting this to work. I will try to make this as detailed as possible without making it too long. I am running my deepstack server on the same Windows machine as BI. I am running DS on port 82 and BI on port 81. I start and stop the DS server through the AI tool. It shows as running when I go to localhost:82 so I’m good there.

I have my motion up and running and they are successfully sending jpg images to the correct folder. The only thing is the images aren't even showing up in the AI tool history. I’ve checked and double checked everything. It’s set up to monitor the correct folder, the beginning of the file name is correct. I’m at a total loss.

The two trigger URLs I have setup are the following incase they are relevant are

)

[summary]

I’m sure there is more relevant information you might need to help me but I don’t want to make the post too long. Let me know if you have any questions. Any help is appreciated.

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay, so I am having trouble getting this to work. I will try to make this as detailed as possible without making it too long. I am running my deepstack server on the same Windows machine as BI. I am running DS on port 82 and BI on port 81. I start and stop the DS server through the AI tool. It shows as running when I go to localhost:82 so I’m good there.

I have my motion up and running and they are successfully sending jpg images to the correct folder. The only thing is the images aren't even showing up in the AI tool history. I’ve checked and double checked everything. It’s set up to monitor the correct folder, the beginning of the file name is correct. I’m at a total loss.

The two trigger URLs I have setup are the following incase they are relevant are

)

[summary]

I’m sure there is more relevant information you might need to help me but I don’t want to make the post too long. Let me know if you have any questions. Any help is appreciated.
In the log are you seeing "adding new image to queue"? My version of AiTool has a "Edit AI Server" button. You can browse to a jpeg and send it to DeepStack to help eliminate the possible problems.

1616554732882.png

Reaction score
In the log are you seeing "adding new image to queue"? My version of AiTool has a "Edit AI Server" button. You can browse to a jpeg and send it to DeepStack to help eliminate the possible problems.

View attachment 85317
I am not getting that message in my log. I searched "image" in log and no results. My version of AITool (version 2.0.37.7608) does not show the Edit AI Server option either.

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not getting that message in my log. I searched "image" in log and no results. My version of AITool (version 2.0.37.7608) does not show the Edit AI Server option either.
I suggest you upgrade to a newer version. VorlonCD posts the zipped package in the Open Issues section on GitHub. You have to search through the open issues. This is the most recent version that I have found.

You need to verify that DeepStack is processing the images and that AiTool is detecting that a new image is added to the queue. In the camera settings under the masking section there is a custom button. Click scan and it will bring up your current image for that camera. If AiTool does not bring up an image it may be a camera name mismatch or a folder permission issue.

seth-feinberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My understanding of your problem is that you have too many short clips. My setup is the clone camera creates the jpegs on motion 1 time every 3 seconds. Below are the trigger settings for that camera. If the camera is re-triggered between the first and second jpeg the clone will generate at least 2 more jpegs.

View attachment 85315

I use the clone Master to record the clips. I have the break time set to 20 seconds after the trigger ends. If within the 20 seconds the Clone Master recieves another trigger it will record for another 20 seconds.

View attachment 85316

The "also re-triggers" checkbox is on the alerts tab. Mine is unchecked. The checkbox will allow BI to send more alerts if you have BI configured to send alerts.

AiTool has several Cooldown settings on the "Actions" tab. These have to deal with how often the various actions are taken. I have my cooldown settings at 0 because AiTool sends MQTT topics and payloads to HomeSeer where I control how often BI is triggered and how often texts and push notifications are sent. I want AiTool to notify HomeSeer of every object detected.
Man thank you so much, this is so helpful! I think you probably figured it out but to be clear my AI Tool-triggered clips are not especially short but seem to jump around (as in it's at least continuous. I suppose they are comprised of combined shorter clips but I just wanted to make that distinction in case it changed the answer. I will inact these changes to BreakTime for both cameras (I have 3 secs for both clones currently, sounds like at the very least that's wrong). Can't wait to tie AI Tool into a mostly unset up MQTT/Home Assistant install, just can't seem to find the time. Thanks again, i'll report back:)

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Man thank you so much, this is so helpful! I think you probably figured it out but to be clear my AI Tool-triggered clips are not especially short but seem to jump around (as in it's at least continuous. I suppose they are comprised of combined shorter clips but I just wanted to make that distinction in case it changed the answer. I will inact these changes to BreakTime for both cameras (I have 3 secs for both clones currently, sounds like at the very least that's wrong). Can't wait to tie AI Tool into a mostly unset up MQTT/Home Assistant install, just can't seem to find the time. Thanks again, i'll report back:)
You want to increase the break time on the camera that is recording the clips. This will keep you from getting a bunch of short clips. I use the clones to create the jpegs. When creating jpegs the jpeg each X seconds and the break time determine how often and how many jpegs are created.

seth-feinberg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You want to increase the break time on the camera that is recording the clips. This will keep you from getting a bunch of short clips. I use the clones to create the jpegs. When creating jpegs the jpeg each X seconds and the break time determine how often and how many jpegs are created.
I understand thank you! I was just clarifying that I'm not seeing Short clips. They are are, say, 30 seconds in length but seem to be a combination of a number of 7 second clips...In any event I think i need to enact your suggested times, mine don't seem to make a ton of sense for my understanding fo how this works.

Edit: Enacted 20sec break time on AITool triggered cameras and 6.5sec break time on clone that takes jpegs (and changed Jpeg time to every 3 seconds). Will report back with results, thanks!

Last edited:

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I understand thank you! I was just clarifying that I'm not seeing Short clips. They are are, say, 30 seconds in length but seem to be a combination of a number of 7 second clips...In any event I think i need to enact your suggested times, mine don't seem to make a ton of sense for my understanding fo how this works.

Edit: Enacted 20sec break time on AITool triggered cameras and 6.5sec break time on clone that takes jpegs (and changed Jpeg time to every 3 seconds). Will report back with results, thanks!
I misunderstood your issue. It may be your camera settings i.e. frames per second or I-Frame interval. Trigger the camera by right-clicking and select trigger. View the video and see if it is still choppy. Settings that work for me are 15 fps and an I-Frame every 15 frames. You set those in the camera.

blargrx

n3wb
Reaction score
Could use some help from the experts, finally got everything setup and working on tweaking the system. I've got the driveway masked off so it'll only trigger for things that actually enter the driveway. The AI detected the car as it was entering the driveway, but once it hit the part that isn't masked, it identified it as a train so it wouldn't record an alert. Is there a way to add train as relevant object or improve identification? Can't believe I waited so long to finally take the dive and get this setup. Such a night and day improvement from my previous alerts

Attachments

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Could use some help from the experts, finally got everything setup and working on tweaking the system. I've got the driveway masked off so it'll only trigger for things that actually enter the driveway. The AI detected the car as it was entering the driveway, but once it hit the part that isn't masked, it identified it as a train so it wouldn't record an alert. Is there a way to add train as relevant object or improve identification? Can't believe I waited so long to finally take the dive and get this setup. Such a night and day improvement from my previous alerts
Be sure you are on a fairly recent version. Objects are automatically added to the list as they are detected plus you can add an object.

1616755137541.png

1616755230749.png

Chris Dodge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
After running VorlonCD AITool for about a week, RAM usage stays super high and does not go down, I will have to close out AITool every so often to release the RAM. It has been doing that on 2 different machines after a short period of usage.

Does anyone have this issue with the latest version of VorlonCD AITool? What can I do to allow it releasing the RAM? Thanks in advance!

View attachment 84865
Hit the > next to AITool in Task Manager - If running the deepstack windows version, it may be what is taking up that much memory.

Also, if BlueIris is not set to delete its alert files after a few days, the AITOOL window could be keeping many of those images in memory in the HISTORY tab. By default I think the history list stores a max of 5000 history items in memory so it could be a factor if it has been running for a while. I've never personally seen memory usage that high though. The number of cameras you have configured could also be a factor.

Reaction score
Hi have problem with ai tools and deepstack when ai tools tries to process an image it give me this error message "ERROR: Processing the image C:\AI-input/altansd.20210321_001024504.jpg failed. Failure in AI Tool processing the image." What can be the problem its not specified in the log why it fails so I need help someone know what to do?
Hi, I'm just getting everything setup and am running into the same error. Everytime a new image gets saved to my aiinput folder, I get that same error message in AI Tool log.

anhead, how did you end up fixing it?

Anyone else have any suggestions on how to start troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance!!

blargrx

n3wb
Reaction score
Be sure you are on a fairly recent version. Objects are automatically added to the list as they are detected plus you can add an object.

awesome, just updated. will start to play around with the new version.

Sorry for another dumb question, how do I find the updated version of the AI in the future. I'm still new to github, i clicked on releases from the download section of the readme but the most recent version was just 2.0

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
awesome, just updated. will start to play around with the new version.

Sorry for another dumb question, how do I find the updated version of the AI in the future. I'm still new to github, i clicked on releases from the download section of the readme but the most recent version was just 2.0
To use the code you are talking about I believe you have to download it into Visual Studio and the compile it. I follow the open issues section on GitHub. VorlonCD posts the new releases as zip files as an open issue is addressed so you don't have to compile it yourself. There is a member of this board that also compiles and posts the zip in this forum. Below is the link to the open issues section of AiTool.

VorlonCD/bi-aidetection