[tool] [tutorial] Free AI Person Detection for Blue Iris

warbux

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I am running 1 docker container with deepstack. It had been working for months. I updated deepstack and updated to a new version of the AI tool and it has a new setting AI Server URL(s) I tried adding the default deepstack options but none of them seem to work. Can someone tell me what I need to do to setup AI Tool to use deepstack again?

chris.h

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @warbux I have the same setup with a single docker container for deepstack, the address I use is (deepstack running on port 88 mapped to 5000)
you should be able to verify deepstack is running by opening the address:port in a web browser. I have also made the mistake of cut and pasting the string to start the docker container and not realising i started a scene version not the vision detection

warbux

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @warbux I have the same setup with a single docker container for deepstack, the address I use is (deepstack running on port 88 mapped to 5000)
you should be able to verify deepstack is running by opening the address:port in a web browser. I have also made the mistake of cut and pasting the string to start the docker container and not realising i started a scene version not the vision detection
Hi, thanks for the quick reply. I got it working. It was defaulting to the wrong port.

I wonder if these other AI servers are as good or better than deepstack?

Village Guy

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
awesome, just updated. will start to play around with the new version.

Sorry for another dumb question, how do I find the updated version of the AI in the future. I'm still new to github, i clicked on releases from the download section of the readme but the most recent version was just 2.0
I have attached the latest version of AITool Version 2.0.1016.7754 if you like to work at the bleeding edge ;) ( I have not personally installed it yet!)

Updated 28/3/2021

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, i did download the last version it gives me an error for connecting to blue iris:
I can connect locally normal, also local passcode is turned off...

192.168.1.8 is blue iris

remote registery service is enabled..

Give the current user (DESKTOP-S7AI4BS\Home Security System) access to '192.168.1.8': Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation. [UnauthorizedAccessException] (In BlueIris.RefreshBIInfoAsync:121 > BlueIris<>c__DisplayClass15_0<RefreshBIInfoAsync>b__0:121 > Win32.RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey(RegistryHive hKey, String machineName, RegistryView view) > Win32.RegistryKey.Win32ErrorStatic(Int32 errorCode, String str))

Last edited:

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well, i did download the last version it gives me an error for connecting to blue iris:
I can connect locally normal, also local passcode is turned off...

192.168.1.8 is blue iris

remote registery service is enabled..

Give the current user (DESKTOP-S7AI4BS\Home Security System) access to '192.168.1.8': Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation. [UnauthorizedAccessException] (In BlueIris.RefreshBIInfoAsync:121 > BlueIris<>c__DisplayClass15_0<RefreshBIInfoAsync>b__0:121 > Win32.RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey(RegistryHive hKey, String machineName, RegistryView view) > Win32.RegistryKey.Win32ErrorStatic(Int32 errorCode, String str))
If you don't get a reply here post the problem in GitHub

VorlonCD/bi-aidetection

Reaction score
For some reason that error is irrelevant, it still works normal.
No issue's yet. so i think thats only if u using it on the same pc only that it gathers the output folders.

albe0518

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
What does this error means:

Got error while reading BlueIris registry: Indatasträngen hade ett felaktigt format. [FormatException] (In ) (RefreshBIInfoAsync)

I'm not able to connect AI-tool to Blue Iris.
IP-adress is good (127.0.0.1 ) username and password are good as well.
Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Hi,
What does this error means:

Got error while reading BlueIris registry: Indatasträngen hade ett felaktigt format. [FormatException] (In ) (RefreshBIInfoAsync)

I'm not able to connect AI-tool to Blue Iris.
IP-adress is good (127.0.0.1 ) username and password are good as well.
Any thoughts?
Is it on the same machine?
well i don't use that, as thats only to detect the folders.
i have a same error while not using it on my same server.. i ignore it and it still works.
what this thing does is already populate the folders to capture in the aitool.
and ofcourse use that ip for the variables

u get only that error if u press the save button at the page where u put the ip of blue iris

just manual add the folders to monitor and it works normal

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
New version of AiTools out on GitHub.

A few minor changes:

• Feature: In Relevant objects, you can now independently control if you ignore Image or Dynamic masks.
  • Anything other than the main/default Relevant object list will have its objects min/max threshold and ignore mask settings restricted by the same object found in the main camera list (the gatekeeper). Also Ignore image mask and dynamic mask will be grayed out if it is not the main cameras mask

bluehawk

n3wb
Reaction score
Aitools - Node-red - Chromecast

I have a permanent monitor setup that displays the camera feed of an alert-trigged camera. This works when Node-red sends a request to the monitor's Chromecast if it receives an MQTT alert message from AITools. It also sends a TTS message to various Google speakers announcing the event.

This works great except when someone or something hangs around on camera for too long and causes multiple alerts in a short time frame. For instance, my driveway camera will trigger multiple times for the same car or my dog will cause multiple alerts when she is on the lawn camera. This can get irritating with multiple announcements on the speakers and the monitor video constantly getting replaced by a new feed.

I am wondering if it is best to attack this problem programmatically in Node-red or if there if are settings in BlueIris that can deal with this.

I would also, as a first-time poster, like to thank the authors of AITools for such a great job and the many posters here who have shared so much helpful info. My apologies if this topic has already been covered. I did/am attempting to read the entire thread but it is just way too long.

Cheers

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Aitools - Node-red - Chromecast

I have a permanent monitor setup that displays the camera feed of an alert-trigged camera. This works when Node-red sends a request to the monitor's Chromecast if it receives an MQTT alert message from AITools. It also sends a TTS message to various Google speakers announcing the event.

This works great except when someone or something hangs around on camera for too long and causes multiple alerts in a short time frame. For instance, my driveway camera will trigger multiple times for the same car or my dog will cause multiple alerts when she is on the lawn camera. This can get irritating with multiple announcements on the speakers and the monitor video constantly getting replaced by a new feed.

I am wondering if it is best to attack this problem programmatically in Node-red or if there if are settings in BlueIris that can deal with this.

I would also, as a first-time poster, like to thank the authors of AITools for such a great job and the many posters here who have shared so much helpful info. My apologies if this topic has already been covered. I did/am attempting to read the entire thread but it is just way too long.

Cheers
You can adjust your cooldown period for triggering BI and for sending alerts within AiTool. For the dog you can schedule when you want to trigger for dogs.

I send my triggers to HomeSeer via MQTT but I thought about sending to Node-Red as my first Node-Red project. What I do that my be helpful for you is I have devices created in HomeSeer for each object I am interested in (vehicles, animals, person). I group the objects by camera. I then create events to limit the false notifications such as ignore the dogs during the daytime only alerting when an animal is detected at night or only send out an alert every 15 minutes when a vehicle is detected. I have different criteria for when to trigger BI to record and when to send out a text or push notification.

contactcr

n3wb
Reaction score
Can someone help me iron out this issue i'm having? I get these 0s flags pretty often. I'm sure it's setting related but I cant figure out which combination of settings doesn't line up correctly.

I suspect it is finding a different amount of relevant objects in that time period and re-triggers so maybe I dont understand dynamic masking?

bi.png

If I look at the same clip in UI3 web version it's a 10s clip that overlaps the previous one:

ui3.png

Relevant info:

In BI i'm doing continuous recording, 1 camera method.

Settings In BI:

Trigger tab: 8.0s break time
JPEG every 1.0s
7.0s pre-trigger

Settings in AI Tool:

dynamic masking w/ detail settings checked

0.3minute cooldown

Triggers URLs:

Cancel URL:

aitool.png

Last edited:

bluehawk

n3wb
Reaction score
You can adjust your cooldown period for triggering BI and for sending alerts within AiTool. For the dog you can schedule when you want to trigger for dogs.

I send my triggers to HomeSeer via MQTT but I thought about sending to Node-Red as my first Node-Red project. What I do that my be helpful for you is I have devices created in HomeSeer for each object I am interested in (vehicles, animals, person). I group the objects by camera. I then create events to limit the false notifications such as ignore the dogs during the daytime only alerting when an animal is detected at night or only send out an alert every 15 minutes when a vehicle is detected. I have different criteria for when to trigger BI to record and when to send out a text or push notification.
Thank you for this I did not see that setting before.
My "cooldown"s are all set to zero, so hopefully that will fix it.
Should I use any of the BI settings as well? ie under:
Alert/Timer
- Minimum time between alerts -
- Min/max time between trigers?
Mine are all turned off.

Your HomeSeer ideas are interesting have to think about doing something like that in Node-Red.
I use Hubitat for my H.A. backend. I did not like the Hubitat "Rule Machine" app so I switched to using Node-red recently for more complex routines. I now love Node-red. It opens up a whole new wold of possibilities for me. It is also fun to use. Not sure how useful it would be to HomeSeer users though.

Inshakoor

n3wb
Reaction score
Alert/Timer
Mine are all turned off.

Your HomeSeer ideas are interesting have to think about doing something like that in Node-Red.
I use Hubitat for my H.A. backend. I did not like the Hubitat "Rule Machine" app so I switched to using Node-red recently for more complex routines. I now love Node-red. It opens up a whole new wold of possibilities for me. It is also fun to use. Not sure how useful it would be to HomeSeer users though.
I have HomeSeer and use Node-Red almost exclusively to control my HomeSeer devices. I do it via MQTT (If you're not familiar with it, read up on it. Not too hard to install a "server" for it. It's a simple message queue system). There is a free plugin for HomeSeer called mcsMQTT which allows you to associate devices in HomeSeer with MQTT messaging. I control everything using MQTT via Node-Red. It works very well. If anyone would like more details, just let me know.

Last edited:

bluehawk

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I am using MQTT to trigger my routines in Node-Red.
Also, for ease of setup. Node-Red has a built in MQTT broker called Aedes which works well for my needs.

Last edited:

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Alert/Timer
Mine are all turned off.

I don't use those settings in BI but I believe you could use the first setting to control how long to wait after an alert after an alert is sent (AiTool Cooldown should do same). The min/max time between triggers controls alert between multiple cameras.

mayop

n3wb
Reaction score
New BI has support for Deepstack

5.4.0 - March 31, 2021 Support for DeepStack integration (without the separate AI Tools package) via new Settings AI page. DeepStack may be used for object classification to confirm alerts containing persons, vehicles, pets, and more.
bi ai.jpg

Last edited: