Ukraine related: Was Ukraine Government Is Handing Out Guns To Citizens, What Happened to Gun Control?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Energy crisis - the structure of the moment

USA: 30% increase in gas prices in April and 18% over the past 3 days. Amid a record release of strategic oil stocks designed to lower the price of gasoline, gasoline prices resumed their growth and reached $4.2 per gallon

EU: 38% rise in energy prices in April. $1,079.5 per thousand cubic meters - gas futures in the EU at auction on Wednesday - according to data from the London ICE exchange

India: sharply increased supplies of Russian oil since February and increased them by 20% by today compared to the entire volume of purchases for the whole of 2021

China: 60% growth in gas supplies from the Russian Federation through the "Power of Siberia" since the beginning of the year. Independent refineries in China have increased purchases of Russian oil, state-owned companies PetroChina, Sinopec, Sinochem and CNOOC maintain current purchase volumes

Germany: German Economy Minister Robert Habeck said today that the imposition of an embargo on Russian oil by the EU will lead to a further increase in oil prices

Hungary: EU embargo on oil imports from Russia will destroy Hungary's economy, Foreign Minister Peter Szijjarto said today

Slovakia: Slovak Ministry of Energy Karol Galek said today that the ban on Russian oil will destroy the economy

Latvia: firewood prices almost doubled compared to 2021, the price of 2 cubic meters rose to €220

EU: EU Permanent Representatives on Wednesday failed to reach an agreement on an embargo on Russian oil imports

OPEC: Cartel Secretary General said today that there is no free capacity to replace Russian oil in the world

And Russia has not yet begun to impose retaliatory sanctions.

Hi @N-i-k-s-o-n

So, Russia is doing well with this "let's attack our brothers in Ukraine .. "

Attack On Europe: Documenting Russian Equipment Losses During The 2022 Russian Invasion Of Ukraine

Russia - 3420, of which: destroyed: 1862, damaged: 63, abandoned: 266, captured: 1229

1651768657493.png

ref:

Putin's war is taking Russia down .. GDP projected to drop 8.5% .. consumer prices up 21% .. @N-i-k-s-o-n this should make you very upset at Putin .. this war DID NOT need to happen ..

2022 Projected Real GDP (% Change) : -8.5
2022 Projected Consumer Prices (% Change): 21.3

1651769102538.png

ref:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
this war DID NOT need to happen ..
I'll agree with that one! Things that could have prevented it:

1. Trump still US president
2. US and European governments not helping overthrow the Ukraine government in 2014
3. Less NATO expansion

And I wonder how Ukraine being a US democratic party money laundering machine plays into it?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'll agree with that one! Things that could have prevented it:

1. Trump still US president
2. US and European governments not helping overthrow the Ukraine government in 2014
3. Less NATO expansion

And I wonder how Ukraine being a US democratic party money laundering machine plays into it?
Ukraine not giving up nuclear weapons .. would have beat the timeline of all the points you have ..

I have no doubt that the Biden Administration and related corruption has something key to do with the Russian - Ukraine war ..

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ukraine not giving up nuclear weapons .. would have beat the timeline of all the points you have ..
If you think that Ukraine should have had its own nuclear weapons, why shouldn't Iran also have them?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you think that Ukraine should have had its own nuclear weapons, why shouldn't Iran also have them?
Hi @N-i-k-s-o-n

Do you think Russia should have nuclear weapons? Perhaps they should have disarmed and given them all to Ukraine instead when the USSR broke up ..

Ukraine now certainly regrets giving up their Nuclear weapons .. now even Estonia probably wants nuclear weapons .. lol

( this is a bad lesson if all nations want to get nuclear weapons ... not good .. )

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi @N-i-k-s-o-n

Do you think Russia should have nuclear weapons? Perhaps they should have disarmed and given them all to Ukraine instead when the USSR broke up ..

Ukraine now certainly regrets giving up their Nuclear weapons .. now even Estonia probably wants nuclear weapons .. lol

( this is a bad lesson if all nations want to get nuclear weapons ... not good .. )
Hi, mat200.
To date, I know of only one state that used nuclear weapons (in the form of nuclear bombs against Japan, in the form of depleted uranium shells against Serbia), and which used chemical weapons (Agent Orange against Vietnam), and openly attempted to assassinate leaders of other states and regularly calls for such attempts. Do you know the name of this state?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, mat200.
To date, I know of only one state that used nuclear weapons (in the form of nuclear bombs against Japan, in the form of depleted uranium shells against Serbia), and which used chemical weapons (Agent Orange against Vietnam), and openly attempted to assassinate leaders of other states and regularly calls for such attempts. Do you know the name of this state?
Hi @N-i-k-s-o-n

I see you are avoiding the obvious questions.

So,

1) DO you think Putin's invasion of Ukaine in 2014 created more or less "Nazis" in Ukraine?

2) DO you think Putin's invasion of Ukraine in 2022 is helping to make Russia stronger or weaker?

N-i-k-s-o-n

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi @N-i-k-s-o-n

I see you are avoiding the obvious questions.

So,

1) DO you think Putin's invasion of Ukaine in 2014 created more or less "Nazis" in Ukraine?

2) DO you think Putin's invasion of Ukraine in 2022 is helping to make Russia stronger or weaker?
1. The rebellion against the legitimately elected government and the rise to power of pro-Nazi forces in Ukraine in 2014 was carried out with the support of the United States (we remember the presence of Victoria Nuland among the rebels). Russia has been successful in keeping the peace in Crimea and supporting the residents in joining Russia. Unfortunately, at that time Russia did not have enough forces to join the Donetsk and Luhansk republics. The regular Russian army did not take part in that conflict.

2. I understand that Russia's participation in this conflict will lead to some decrease in the standard of living. But in the future, this will be a point of significant growth for many industries, including microelectronics, machine tools, IT and more.

In fact, the countries of the West and Russia have entered into a competition, whose population has a greater margin of safety, primarily moral, in the face of a drop in living standards. Russia has all the necessary resources - energy and food - to maintain this level for a long time, and a large number of people have already experienced such a drop in the 90s. Not being able to buy a new smartphone is unpleasant, freezing in an insufficiently warm apartment or collecting rainwater, as some politicians recommend, is much worse.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1. The rebellion against the legitimately elected government and the rise to power of pro-Nazi forces in Ukraine in 2014 was carried out with the support of the United States (we remember the presence of Victoria Nuland among the rebels). Russia has been successful in keeping the peace in Crimea and supporting the residents in joining Russia. Unfortunately, at that time Russia did not have enough forces to join the Donetsk and Luhansk republics. The regular Russian army did not take part in that conflict.

2. I understand that Russia's participation in this conflict will lead to some decrease in the standard of living. But in the future, this will be a point of significant growth for many industries, including microelectronics, machine tools, IT and more.

In fact, the countries of the West and Russia have entered into a competition, whose population has a greater margin of safety, primarily moral, in the face of a drop in living standards. Russia has all the necessary resources - energy and food - to maintain this level for a long time, and a large number of people have already experienced such a drop in the 90s. Not being able to buy a new smartphone is unpleasant, freezing in an insufficiently warm apartment or collecting rainwater, as some politicians recommend, is much worse.
So .. it's all the Wests fault .. and Putin is not to blame about anything .. and all those Ukrainians are really Russians who don't know what is good for themselves and are like stray children needing to suck on Putin's nipple ?

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
Speaking of sucking on nipples Putin's mistress is making the sanctions list.

Watch out for the nipple effect on shares in Victoria Secrets. Apologises couldn't resist the pun lol

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Russia, how it treats it's "brothers" ..

Love letter, ID card point to Russian units that terrorised Bucha (reuters.com)

Eyewitness testimony, discarded documents and social media posts point to the Russian soldiers and chain of command in the bloody occupation of the Ukrainian town of Bucha

At the end of March, when Russian troops retreated from Bucha, a leafy suburb near Ukraine’s capital, they left reminders of their deadly occupation for all the world to see. Bodies were strewn in the streets. Quaint houses were reduced to rubble. A field near the town’s church had become a mass grave.

Now, as Ukrainian and international prosecutors begin the work of identifying those responsible for the alleged atrocities, Reuters has examined the aftermath of Russia’s hasty retreat – and found vital clues to the identities of individual Russian soldiers and military units present during the bloody occupation.

1651856142889.png

ref:

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
@N-i-k-s-o-n raised some valid points. Any internet search will show a catalogue of errors, blunders, mistakes, intentional or otherwise made by all countries East and West including Russia, America and my native U.K.

The are two key differences though. In the western free society you are free to openly criticise, debate, object and even revolt if feelings are deep enough. You are able to do this without fear of bombings, murder, ethnic cleansing (currently on going in Ukraine) and also poisoning, boating accidents or slipping in the shower. The price of being free is that no matter what your viewpoint you have to put up with "shite" from those with a differing viewpoint. Russian citizens have experienced some of this freedom despite efforts to prevent.

The alternative to freedom is a dictatorship. They exercise control of the citizens. Anyone deemed threatening the status quo or not towing the government line is shut down or eliminated. This includes individuals, media, private companies and you guessed it foreign countries. There is a fear of losing control.

The state can allow people to be fed and it can warm them if they cry but it will not win hearts and minds. The state can try bombing, try and breakdown, try and brainwash people, try and create model citizens but they will not win hearts and minds. The hunger of the people for the mobile phone and associated freedom will prevail. That genie is long out of the bottle.

It's about now there's going to be some "whataboutery". What about this, what about that and some of the criticism is justified but do two wrongs make right?

Times they are a changing.

Epilogue- It's sad that the ever enlightened Putin is repeating mistakes that history has shown will ultimately fail and is destined to end up a court jester in the Peoples Republic of China :)

Suits available on pre-order.See link

Last edited:

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The are two key differences though. In the western free society you are free to openly criticise, debate, object and even revolt if feelings are deep enough. You are able to do this without fear of bombings, murder, ethnic cleansing (currently on going in Ukraine) and also poisoning, boating accidents or slipping in the shower. The price of being free is that no matter what your viewpoint you have to put up with "shite" from those with a differing viewpoint. Russian citizens have experienced some of this freedom despite efforts to prevent.

The alternative to freedom is a dictatorship. They exercise control of the citizens. Anyone deemed threatening the status quo or not towing the government line is shut down or eliminated.
I wonder which of the 2 choices would be picked by those held in jail for over a year for the act of walking into the capitol while the police were holding the doors open for them? Or those in Canada who had their assets frozen for supporting a demonstration? Or the supporters whose names and addresses were made publicly available? Or those who lost their jobs for not taking an experimental vaccine having risks and side effects withheld by the government? Or the Project Veritas journalists who were raided and detained by the government? Or the authors of viewpoints, later shown to be the truth, censored by the press and social media?

Just a few examples of choice #2 in USA and Canada.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder which of the 2 choices would be picked by those held in jail for over a year for the act of walking into the capitol while the police were holding the doors open for them? Or those in Canada who had their assets frozen for supporting a demonstration? Or the supporters whose names and addresses were made publicly available? Or those who lost their jobs for not taking an experimental vaccine having risks and side effects withheld by the government? Or the Project Veritas journalists who were raided and detained by the government? Or the authors of viewpoints, later shown to be the truth, censored by the press and social media?

Just a few examples of choice #2 in USA and Canada.
Authoritarianism tendencies exist in each group, from HOAs to National Governments .. the only way to counter it is with balancing factions .. ( principle which the Founding Fathers of the USA attempted to design in .. so far fairly successful .. )

Now for many "freedom" loving countries the question is: "How to restore a better balance .. "

hint: this is why in general I do not like HOAs .. just takes a few Karens to really ruin it ..

Last edited:

Griswalduk

Known around here
Reaction score
As an observer of USA politics i see things bouncing over the years from republican to democrat and back and forth It goes. The same happens here in UK between conservative and Labour. I'm sure this happens in Canada too but it doesn't feature as much on the tv.

Generally speaking the left gets in, progressively screw things up and public opinion shifts to the right. The right get in, progressively screw things up and and public opinion shifts the left. And the cycle continues. With the pull of the left counterbalanced with the pull of the right the country exists somewhere in the middle ground. This is an inbuilt checking mechanism with the advantage being most people are happy enough to exist in this common ground or at least put up with it and do their taking at the ballot box. it is also inviting to others looking to take up residency legally or illegally so I'll let you decide if this is an advantage or disadvantage lol

Now imagine, if you will, a left or right leaning country where the only voting options are left or left or conversely right or right. The end result is extremism and a dictatorship with all the problems listed previously. Keeping on topic, imagine, if you will, the voting options are Putin or Putin. The end result is a dictatorship with all the problems listed previously.

in America people have choices. People are free to choose along with their fellow country men and women. The results they might not like but the time will come when they are free to choose again. They hope for better but might get worse depending on what the majority of people decide.

In America people have choices. They have made theirs. They stay in the USA because despite all the fuck ups it's their home. Despite all the fuck ups it's still a great country. Despite wether it's democrats or republicans doing the fucking they are free to make up their minds up and choose next election.

How many people don't have those choices?

I don't know because they are stuck behind an iron curtain with a dictator welding it shut and looking to captivate as much of the audience as possible