Very quick review DS-2CD3345-I

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I still like the 2332 image. No reason yet for me to step up to 4mp.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The fact that the camera quality in build, is lower is enough to but me off mounting this low.

Making it smaller is one thing, but making a plastic base is far from impressive.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The fact that the camera quality in build, is lower is enough to but me off mounting this low.

Making it smaller is one thing, but making a plastic base is far from impressive.
I wonder if the US 4mp turret has a metal base... Maybe someone who has it can chime in..

Sent via Taptalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
3345 has nicer image overall, better at night too, 2342 should be even better just like 2142.

tn6478

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so what is the difference between this model and [h=1]DS-2CD2345-i[/h]

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@whoslooking i'm agree with you, the plastic of the cam doen't diserve it, i'm sure with force, i can remove the sphere out
of the base, no way with aluminium models

i hope that 4MP original english is aluminium based

Last edited by a moderator:

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So i have update my NVR to fw 3.3.4 and plug this little baby directly on it :
First nothing and i must have to reset all settings on gui web cam to have something working on the NVR

After, it's ok and if someone ask if H265 is working here's the answer no the button is grey, but resolution at 4MP is ok

Attachments

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Frankosor What are the options in the frame rate? How many frames is the "Full frame rate"?

Last edited by a moderator:

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry but I do not trust the HIK menus. Can you capture a short video with both options and check the frame rate with any utility or simply play it with any media player in step-by-step or frame by frame and count how frames (clicks) you count in any second change?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Most likely a bug, on mine there is no 30/25 fps option when selecting 4MP. Although 3345 is not true 4MP, more like 3.6MP, so maybe they do have that as an option?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The WD 4MP and xx45 cameras have completely different sensors, so it is likely that it's only 25fps.

Also xx45 is only intended for the Chinese market. China is PAL, so 25fps makes complete sense.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The WD 4MP and xx45 cameras have completely different sensors, so it is likely that it's only 25fps.

Also xx45 is only intended for the Chinese market. China is PAL, so 25fps makes complete sense.
Not necessarily, even if they have different sensors. Per spec it should be limited to 20 fps at max resolution for both sensors and 50/60 Mhz, so it's either a bug in the NVR menu or spec issue.

He didn't specify whether he had PAL or NTSC selected.

What do you see the browser menu with the same options?

Frankosor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, the camera doesn't display in is web gui The video standard selection PAL or NTSC
it let me think that's is PAL only like Del Boy said because is for Chinese market only

@klasipca i have check with mac Safari and Firefox and also Windows Firefox
same result either on DVR or web gui of the camera 25FPS max

@aster1x Sorry but i didn't find information with VLC (mac or pc) and with other tool like mediainfo

Attachments

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, the camera doesn't display in is web gui The video standard selection PAL or NTSC
it let me think that's is PAL only like Del Boy said because is for Chinese market only

@aster1x Sorry but i didn't find information with VLC (mac or pc) and with other tool like mediainfo

All the streams info are tags written as headers in the container file format by the application creating the file. It seems that HIK do not write the fps of the video stream in the tags.
In this case play the video with VLC or media player classic, pause it and play it frame by frame and count how many frames are every second. Bullet proof verfication.