YooSee SD-M5 doorbell: 1080p, PoE, RTSP, Onvif, only $66

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,

I think this is a new doorbell from YooSee (model SD-M5) and on paper it looks too good to be true:

1080p app controlled smart doorbell camera PoE wireless Wi-Fi AC 8-24V DC 9-36V built-in PIR motion sensor Yoosee app

Yoosee 1080p smart video doorbell/intercom HD camera wireless/Wi-Fi PoE AC/DC 8V-36V

SD-M5 is the latest design smart doorbell camera which is perfectly compatible with Yoosee app and CMSClient Windows PC software. The product employs a 1080p resolution camera that captures crystal clear video. It supports both wireless (2.4GHz/802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi) and Ethernet (10/100Mbps) connection. Comparing with other models, the product allows DC9-36V or AC 8-24V power input, it also can support Power over Ethernet function by using the included PoE injector.

SD-M5 allows you to answer door anywhere anytime, once you have a visitor, it will notify you by sending the push notification alert. The product has a PIR sensor built-in can provide the extra protection for your home. Furthermore, the product is compatible with RTSP stream protocol, it's able to be integrated into your new or existing security system such as IP surveillance (NVR) sys, home automation sys.

• Day&night video surveillance with Infrared LED
  • Built-in microphone and speaker
  • 2-way audio intercom
  • Recording mode - manual, schedule, motion detection
  • Built-in microSD/TF memory card slot (max.128GB)
  • 2-megapixel CMOS image sensor
  • 1080p FHD resolution, 25 frames per second
  • Dual motion detection (PIR sensor + Video analysis)
  • Send pusn notification alerts to smartphone
  • RTSP/Onvif compliant
  • Compatible with Yoosee app
  • Compatible with CMSClient software
  • Compatible with Onvif NVRs/VMS
  • Ethernet 10/100M and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connection
  • Power supply - DC9-36V/AC 8-24V, PoE injector
  • IP55 weatherproof design

The only thing missing is SIP to implement intercom without their cloud/app. I'm guessing the PoE is simple passive mode B using the 'spare' wires. I'm not sure where that PIR sensor is supposed to be. I do also wonder if there is a way to have a regular chime ringing without going throught their cloud, that would be a deal-breaker for me if not possible.

Has anyone tried it? Might be a nice solution with high WAF.

Last edited:

grampadeal

n3wb
Reaction score
This looks really interesting if it ends up being legitimate. Affordable and PoE sounds amazing!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK...who's going to be the guinea pig, step up to the plate and get this thing! Inquiring minds want to know!
ONVIF, RTSP, passive (24v) POE.....sounds almost too good, especially for $66.

C'mon, @grampadeal ...you know you're itchin' to try it.:rolleyes:

grampadeal

n3wb
Reaction score
Haha! I would, but I don't even have my Blue Iris server set up yet. I plan on repurposing my current gaming computer for that. I'm still very new to this and haven't purchased any cameras, PoE switches, or anything yet. Yet!

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just sent them an email asking several questions including about connecting a physical chime. Will report back when I get an answer.

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just noticed they have added some information to the product page:

Other optional function by using supported accessories includes:

1. Wireless USB indoor chime, making sound when doorbell rings.
  2. Wireless unlock module, unlock any kind of electronic door locks remotely through app.
I think this is the USB indoor chime they're referring to, seems it's USB only in the sense that it's powered by USB (PC or a simple USB power supply);

Wireless chime receiver for smart doorbell camera

Optional accessory for smart intercom/doorbell camera, it's an indoor chime receiver which can be plugged to USB port of either computers or phone chargers. It can make sound when doorbell is pressed, users can select several different sounds, you're able to increase and decrease the volume.

In order to work with smart doorbell camera, users need to pair it with doorbell camera. Plugging chime receiver to phone charger, press volume button don't release until LED light on. Now press doorbell button on smart intercom, the LED will flash one time,which means the programming is successful. How to delete? To clear the code, you need to press volume button and don't release it unless the LED turns on then turn off.

Last edited:

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There's a lot of other new information on the product page. Also confirms that PoE is passive but that's no biggie for me.

Edit: Awesome, the chime uses 433 MHz, not WiFi:

Wireless frequency: 433MHz (communicating with wireless unlock module, USB chime receiver)
That should mean better range and no attack vector through WiFi.

Last edited:

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some info about the sensor used, apparently a fairly recent one:

https://www.unifore.net/company-highlights/smartsens-unveiled-sc2235-sc1235-sc1245-cmos-sensors.htmlhttps://www.unifore.net/company-highlights/smartsens-unveiled-sc2235-sc1235-sc1245-cmos-sensors.html

SmartSens unveiled SC2235, SC1235, SC1245 CMOS sensors
Unifore Security
August 25,2017-8:39 AM

SmartSens, the emerging CMOS image sensor producer recently unveiled three new CMOS image sensors based on its own SmartPixel technology which featuring lower power consumption and excellent low light sensitivity. These image sensors will be used in HD analog cameras, car cameras, HD IP cameras.

High SNR
Break traditional noise reduction technology adopting advanced reading circuit architecture, can greatly reduce fixed noise, separate the image noise and amplified noise, therefore improve image SNR, SmartPixel makes image more clean and crystal.

High Sensitivity
Utilizing new sensor’s pixel structure to improve the light sensitivity, improving the light to electric conversion efficiency for the light wavelength 850nm ~ 940nm. Integrating with 940nm light sources can provide no color pollution night vision image.

Low Power
Advanced reading circuit architecture, efficient power management and clock gating technology can reduce 40% power consumption if comparing with existing sensors.

SmartSens SmartPixel CMOS Sensors
Product type Model Status Resolution Sensor Size Pixel Size Frame rate
Digital SC2235 Production 2MP (1936H×1096V) 1/2.7” 3um*3um 50FPS
Digital SC1235 Production 1.3MP (1288Hx968V) 1/3” 3um*3um 60
Digital SC1245 Production 720P (1288Hx728V) 1/4” 6um*6um 60

Last edited:

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Awesome, thank you for being a

:)

Hope you will report back here, I'm very interested to know how it measures up to the paper specs and I'm sure many others are too.
I'll need some lettuce...:rofl:

SecuritySeeker

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
From that page showing the white version:

Interoperability
The smart doorbell supports universal RTSP stream protocol, it's able to transmit video stream to other devices or software. It's also compatible with Onvif specification, works with your new or existing IP surveillance system. Thanks for this advantage, it can be easily integrated with other security system or media system. For instance, the smart doorbell works with Synology and QNAP NAS (network attached system), the product works with xProtect, iSpy, BlueIris etc open-source or paid VMS (video management system), it works with Dahua/Hikvision DVR/NVR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
From that page showing the white version:

Interoperability
The smart doorbell supports universal RTSP stream protocol, it's able to transmit video stream to other devices or software. It's also compatible with Onvif specification, works with your new or existing IP surveillance system. Thanks for this advantage, it can be easily integrated with other security system or media system. For instance, the smart doorbell works with Synology and QNAP NAS (network attached system), the product works with xProtect, iSpy, BlueIris etc open-source or paid VMS (video management system), it works with Dahua/Hikvision DVR/NVR.
the real question is whether it can send an event to blue iris when the doorbell button is pressed. You dont want to be sending video or provide network access to their china servers

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This looks like the defunct LaView (hikvision) 1080p doorbell that had terrible little quirks that were never fied. At least with the Hikconnect app it was secure/encrypted through China servers.