5 MegaGixel 1/1.8" low light destroyer for $90-AVOID LONGSE JUNK

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
is there someone that maybe can try to get this camera in his blueiris system working ?

this is my cam, opened every port to the camera (DMZ)
Tried everything but can't get any working result, even tried different Blueiris versions.

Even with vlc i can't get a working stream on both computer :S

it should be rtsp://julianahof.duckdns.org:80/0

this is the ip : julianahof.duckdns.org
username: cam
password: cam

Hope someone can get it working and knows what i am doing wrong, haven't got much trouble with other cams to get them to work.
I tried real quick to add to my BI and it didn't have signal, but did pick up the camera using the inspect feature. Not sure, but try like Klasipca said and change port. Also check that you are not running it with h265 since BI doesn't take that compression feed.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I tried real quick to add to my BI and it didn't have signal, but did pick up the camera using the inspect feature. Not sure, but try like Klasipca said and change port. Also check that you are not running it with h265 since BI doesn't take that compression feed.
Yes, h265 is another thing to check. With my Hikvision nvr it doesn't work with h265, I am using h264 instead which you change in web ui.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Picture looks great now, very impressed with the low light picture.
More than great - these are now excellent. Pin-sharp across width and depth.
And thanks for posting the 'how-to', it may be useful.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
More than great - these are now excellent.
Exactly what I have been preaching here :)

While this sensor raises IQ bar for budget cams, they need to improve other things and add more options. Hopefully promised varifocal will be available soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not sure what happened, but it works ?!
This was a week ago also when i did a quick test, and suddenly it did work and the day after didn't .
Well thanks anyway for all the comments all of you .
Great fast response even with the time difference between many country's.

It was already on h264 btw.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman might help. He has this cam and BI.
Mine is sitting in my trunk waiting for me to install it. When testing with BI, i think it did a simple find inspect for onvif (dont remember)...didnt have any issues. Vince got it working somehow anyway...
I keep going back and forth with longse to try and get a turret with a 3 axis rotation but they simply dont have that enclosure. Most of my installs are on walls and I dont want a large wall mount bracket. I really dislike using bullets as well. For the life of me I cannot figure out why they dont offer a turret design...

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having bother with my seller. He wont give me valid tracking infomation and now wont respond at all.

Dispute opened which will result in my favour if he does not respond. 4 days left.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Happened to me a few times. If it doesn't work out you can try my contact on the first page. I have been very happy dealing with Longse directly. She just shipped my order too.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Mine is sitting in my trunk waiting for me to install it. When testing with BI, i think it did a simple find inspect for onvif (dont remember)...didnt have any issues. Vince got it working somehow anyway...
I keep going back and forth with longse to try and get a turret with a 3 axis rotation but they simply dont have that enclosure. Most of my installs are on walls and I dont want a large wall mount bracket. I really dislike using bullets as well. For the life of me I cannot figure out why they dont offer a turret design...
But this turret is 3 axis. It adjusts like Hikvision turret.

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes today i installed the second imx178 longse camera because a Dahua model (ipc-hdd4300c) suddenly died, does not access the lan anymore but it does power on since i see the IR led and hear the ircut filter moving when covering with my hands.
Image looks pretty good i must say, but the problem also persists here with the FPS misalignment.
So it has 10 Fps set and 1 iframe on the camera, in BI it changes itself to 12 and this gives very fast forward and blurry image, now with the frame rating comp mode on it seems better.

So more pics to come from these, but first off to a birthday.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes today i installed the second imx178 longse camera because a Dahua model (ipc-hdd4300c) suddenly died, does not access the lan anymore but it does power on since i see the IR led and hear the ircut filter moving when covering with my hands.
Image looks pretty good i must say, but the problem also persists here with the FPS misalignment.
So it has 10 Fps set and 1 iframe on the camera, in BI it changes itself to 12 and this gives very fast forward and blurry image, now with the frame rating comp mode on it seems better.

So more pics to come from these, but first off to a birthday.
You aren't seeing the blurry image coming as a result of the fps or the i-frame I don't think. More than likely it is due to shutter time or WDR being on too high or noise reduction... but I could be wrong.

jimg

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I doubt they can do 12mm for this cam... I am attaching their catalog and available options. They have LIF80S500 with 12mm lens and 80IR rating
Hmm - I wonder if that is the actual lens, since the specification states "5MP HD 3.6mm Board Lens".

But - looking at the camera disassembled by @hamsoplo it seems that the lens is marked [mega pixel 5mm 1:2.2 1/2"]. I would have thought it would read 3.6mm...

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got the 5mm lens, they offer both. Even though mine is messed up and can't get into the camera UI I mounted it up and just record constantly. Stunning difference in quality compared to the 4mp hikvision turret.
old:

Longse:

Now the problem is my 7608NI nvr reboots every hour, didn't notice it before but now that I constant record it's evident in the files. Plus my Huisun v2 ptz just showed up. It appears my poe is DOA, I just can't catch a break. About to give up on this crap.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I believe 5mm is better option due to IR power

As far as Huisun poe you can refer to my post about getting active poe injector to work around this.

thesleepy_slee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am not stunned by the difference on the 2 pictures above. Maybe because your neighborhood has a lot of light during the night.

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am not stunned by the difference on the 2 pictures above. Maybe because your neighborhood has a lot of light during the night.
As far as cctv cameras go, that is a a massive difference. It's not what you can see, but the detail in what you can see along with lack of noise.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Check out the joins between the paving - a big difference in the level of detail.
And the kerb that is their boundary - again lots more detail.
Even the garage panels on the far left.
In all cases noisy and blurred vs clean and detailed.
In my view.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Definitely better on the Longse but for some reason the tree on the right has more detail on the 4mp Hik. More noise reduction turned on perhaps? Things around the lights like the driveway, bricks, and even the lights themselves are clearer and less blurred on the Longse. If that sharply detailed car is moving in the Longse pic then the advantage is DEFINITELY in the Longse camp. Hard to give an advantage one way or another without knowing exact settings and not having comparable moving targets in view. I don't care what the grass or bricks look like if moving people are a blurred mess. In my experience that Hik is probably at 1/30th, poooossibly 1/60th but I haven't a clue what the exposure speed is on the Longse. If that car is moving at all it's at least 1/120th or faster and to be that clear at that exposure speed is a huge advantage.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It's a great comparison, although the demo video on the first page is more stunning. Btw, this is a good example where shows that 4:3 format has advantage over 16:9. You get more vertical view which is needed to cover the driveway and more.