Blue iris and CPU consumption as it relates to memory usage

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ctrl-alt-del and scroll down and see if you see web plugin sucking up memory. I just force close it and all is good afterwards.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you using Internet Explorer and it's web plugin to make changes to your camera's? Do you have BI set to run in the background?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My Internet Explorer web plugin was hanging and sucking up mad memory. Once you have BI enabled to run as a process in the background you can close out the client program. I'm sure you know that but throwing it out there.

pfunk

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I use IE and it's web plugin, I'm not making any changes at all via the web interface. Didn't know that was even possible. I'm just using the web interface to view live stream and clips.

I don't have it set to run in the background, everywhere I read said not to run it as a service. I have tried that as well though without change.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have BI running in the background. Recording 24/7. When I'm on the BI machine I open the client and do what I need to do and exit out of the client app leaving BI run in the background. I normally use the chrome ncla program to tweak camera settings but the SD59 ptz camera does not like it so I'm forced to use ie web plugin to create tripwires, etc. When I'm done, I leave no programs running on my desktop. BI is running as a process and that is it. Setup that way I am using 4-7% cpu with 5 cameras running.

Last edited:

pfunk

n3wb
Reaction score
So I've got 41 cameras going to our Blue Iris computer (server).
Most but not all are set for direct-to-disc. This problem we're having seems to happen usually when a lot of cameras are recording.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have hardware acceleration turned on for each camera?

pfunk

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got all cameras set to "default" on hardware acceleration. Then in the system-wide settigns I have it turned on.
One thing as well, is I'm using the NVidia Quadro M2000 as our video card. Should i be using the built-in Intel card instead?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got all cameras set to "default" on hardware acceleration. Then in the system-wide settigns I have it turned on.
One thing as well, is I'm using the NVidia Quadro M2000 as our video card. Should i be using the built-in Intel card instead?
hardware acceleration only works with intel hd with QUICKSYNC.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Fenderman can answer any and all questions. He's phenomenal with this stuff. I'll leave it to him from here.

pfunk

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman, I (think) I do have QUicksync. So should I physically remove the Nvidia card and force the Intel card to use hardware accel?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I first got into this I had a system that BI didn't support. It was my gaming system. The recommendation was to pull my 1080 card and let the processor do the work. I bought this cheap $500 system and happy.

pfunk

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I've removed the NVideo card and have them running on the Intel graphics.
I now have 4 cameras though that show "No Signal". I can't figure out why. They are the same model as other cameras that are working and I have hardware acceleration turned on for all.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I've removed the NVideo card and have them running on the Intel graphics.
I now have 4 cameras though that show "No Signal". I can't figure out why. They are the same model as other cameras that are working and I have hardware acceleration turned on for all.
What cams? Are you running Windows 7 and as a service?

pfunk

n3wb
Reaction score
Windows 10 as service.
They are Axis cameras.

One of them in question is model P1357

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using the H dot 264 feed for all of them