Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.3.2

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Share This Page

1. forinsec

forinsec n3wb

Are there any updates here?

Especially is there a recommendation for a PWS which is able to connect directly to BIT`? :slap:

2. Mike

Mike Staff Member

Any update where? On what in particular? There is a BIT update coming soon but no changes to the weather feature.

If your PWS can save the values to a text file then you can assign those files directly to macros in BI :headbang:

forinsec likes this.
  3. forinsec

forinsec n3wb

Sorry for the too general question, I didn't realize this is such a big thread already, I just read the last few posts...

I'm googling since hours for a PWS with WiFi or direct LAN connection, but I'm overwhelmed with all the brands and functionalities on the market. In the end a Davis Vantage2 pro with a meteobridge would be possible or in Ali I found the IP Observer which seems too cheap...

(As I plan to sell these to customers, it should be something reliable... I don't like some NETATMO devices here :facepalm: )
    So that's why I was asking, what type of weather station you guys are using where you can write a textfile directly...?

4. looney2ns

looney2ns IPCT Contributor

Davis has a good reputation. Many of the other stations, such as The Acurites, Oregons, and Ambient Weather stations, typically do not have very long life span. Neatamo is crap.
    My opinion, but after having weather stations over the past 35-40 years, the Davis is the minimum I would consider. And if they want to use software, then I recommed Weather Display - the Weather Station software, the developer is very active, and tries his best to incorporate any request's that come along. You can find out more here: www.wxforum.net and here: Weather-Watch.com - Index

forinsec, jaydeel and Mike like this.
  5. awsum140

awsum140 Known around here

I'm using an AcuRite (AcuWrong) 5N1. I can get a text file out the the "bridge" but AcuWrong no longer supports the bridge so if it goes south, no more text files. The Access device doesn't have local text logging ability that I am aware of.

I'd do it differently if I could and go with a Davis like looney2ns mentions, but even then it is more complicated than just plug and pray.

forinsec likes this.
  6. forinsec

forinsec n3wb

Thank you guys for the answers! I saw some weather stations like $2k+ which would do the stuff I need...

I'll still do some research on any alternatives...

7. looney2ns

looney2ns IPCT Contributor

If you're willing to spend more, then the Rainwise MkIII is the ticket. I have a 20 year old Texas weather instruments station still plugging along. Which is what I would have recommended in the past. But it appears that they are no longer in business, darn it.

awsum140 and Mike like this.