Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

LaLuz97

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but I did search the forums with no luck. I am trying to install BIT 1.6.0. During installation, I get one notification:
1653240505293.png
View attachment 128709
My answer was No.

I've tried the install a number of times, including following a reboot with BI shutdown. Regardless, when I start BIT, I get this:

1653240544605.png

The Options Tab looks like this:
1653240572699.png

BI is running as a background process, and even after restarting BIT (with the same 'error' as above), the Watchdog tab looks like this:
1653240627792.png

With the Forbidden error as it is, I don't believe BIT would be functional, but you can tell me. I've watched the Home Tech videos and I really need this software. Many thanks for building it. Now, I just need to be able to install it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Matt

LaLuz97

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought this would show up automatically, but just as a FYI, my config is:

CPU Intel 9980XE : Memory 64 GB : Windows 11 Pro : 19 BI Cameras: Drives are all SSD with the system on PCIe NVMe : On average CPU Util is 28%, and Memory is 34%, and Ethernet is just over 100 Mbps.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've tried the install a number of times, including following a reboot with BI shutdown. Regardless, when I start BIT, I get this:

View attachment 128720
Uncheck the option to "Check for updates daily + install automatically" as there are no more updates for this program and leaving that checked will throw some errors. Restart after unchecking just to be sure.

The Options Tab looks like this:
View attachment 128721
Also, the red lettering on the Options page at the top:
Latest Version: Forbidden Release Date: You Don't Have
...is also red on mine but everything works fine.

BI is running as a background process, and even after restarting BIT (with the same 'error' as above), the Watchdog tab looks like this:
View attachment 128723

With the Forbidden error as it is, I don't believe BIT would be functional, but you can tell me. I've watched the Home Tech videos and I really need this software. Many thanks for building it. Now, I just need to be able to install it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Matt
I think you just need to ENABLE the Watchdog function here, if you want to use it.

LaLuz97

n3wb
Reaction score
Uncheck the option to "Check for updates daily + install automatically" as there are no more updates for this program and leaving that checked will throw some errors. Restart after unchecking just to be sure.

Also, the red lettering on the Options page at the top:
Latest Version: Forbidden Release Date: You Don't Have
...is also red on mine but everything works fine.

I think you just need to ENABLE the Watchdog function here, if you want to use it.
I just wanted to thank you for your quick response, and since I didn't respond, well, who knows what you thought if anything. I am ill, just the pain all over my body ill. Long story. Things back up as I lay in bed wanting to die, so that's where I've been.

That box "Check for updates..." was already unchecked when I came back to this. I can't remember where I left this exactly, however, what I did was hit the Check for Updates button, and it claimed it found one and installed it. It still says Version: 1.6.0, however, all the errors have vanished, and it seems to be interacting with Blue Iris. The sad part is I can't remember what functionality I was going after, but if it has anything to do with getting through weather events without a torrent of alerts, that'd be great. We are having yet another monsoon, and even if I've set up zones blocking out trees, etc, I can't block out all their shadows, or my cameras wouldn't be monitoring anything.

So I'm getting along, watching a YouTube vide on Blue Iris Tools, to begin with, however, early on he discussed the "?", for looking at help, which when I hit it I get:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource. Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I know I haven't searched for this error on the forum, so you can just tell me to go look, and that's what I'll do. This is pretty much as far as I go today.

Thanks again for your help.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
All I can tell you is to leave Check for updates daily unchecked. You might want to uninstall BIT, delete any files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Iris Tools folder and then reinstall it. Version 1.6.0 is the latest version and there has not been an update in a long time. See if that works for you.