Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

LaLuz97

n3wb
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but I did search the forums with no luck. I am trying to install BIT 1.6.0. During installation, I get one notification:
1653240505293.png
View attachment 128709
My answer was No.

I've tried the install a number of times, including following a reboot with BI shutdown. Regardless, when I start BIT, I get this:

1653240544605.png

The Options Tab looks like this:
1653240572699.png

BI is running as a background process, and even after restarting BIT (with the same 'error' as above), the Watchdog tab looks like this:
1653240627792.png

With the Forbidden error as it is, I don't believe BIT would be functional, but you can tell me. I've watched the Home Tech videos and I really need this software. Many thanks for building it. Now, I just need to be able to install it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Matt

LaLuz97

n3wb
Reaction score
I thought this would show up automatically, but just as a FYI, my config is:

CPU Intel 9980XE : Memory 64 GB : Windows 11 Pro : 19 BI Cameras: Drives are all SSD with the system on PCIe NVMe : On average CPU Util is 28%, and Memory is 34%, and Ethernet is just over 100 Mbps.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I've tried the install a number of times, including following a reboot with BI shutdown. Regardless, when I start BIT, I get this:

View attachment 128720
Uncheck the option to "Check for updates daily + install automatically" as there are no more updates for this program and leaving that checked will throw some errors. Restart after unchecking just to be sure.

The Options Tab looks like this:
View attachment 128721
Also, the red lettering on the Options page at the top:
Latest Version: Forbidden Release Date: You Don't Have
...is also red on mine but everything works fine.

BI is running as a background process, and even after restarting BIT (with the same 'error' as above), the Watchdog tab looks like this:
View attachment 128723

With the Forbidden error as it is, I don't believe BIT would be functional, but you can tell me. I've watched the Home Tech videos and I really need this software. Many thanks for building it. Now, I just need to be able to install it.

Any help would be appreciated!

Matt
I think you just need to ENABLE the Watchdog function here, if you want to use it.

LaLuz97

n3wb
Reaction score
Uncheck the option to "Check for updates daily + install automatically" as there are no more updates for this program and leaving that checked will throw some errors. Restart after unchecking just to be sure.

Also, the red lettering on the Options page at the top:
Latest Version: Forbidden Release Date: You Don't Have
...is also red on mine but everything works fine.

I think you just need to ENABLE the Watchdog function here, if you want to use it.
I just wanted to thank you for your quick response, and since I didn't respond, well, who knows what you thought if anything. I am ill, just the pain all over my body ill. Long story. Things back up as I lay in bed wanting to die, so that's where I've been.

That box "Check for updates..." was already unchecked when I came back to this. I can't remember where I left this exactly, however, what I did was hit the Check for Updates button, and it claimed it found one and installed it. It still says Version: 1.6.0, however, all the errors have vanished, and it seems to be interacting with Blue Iris. The sad part is I can't remember what functionality I was going after, but if it has anything to do with getting through weather events without a torrent of alerts, that'd be great. We are having yet another monsoon, and even if I've set up zones blocking out trees, etc, I can't block out all their shadows, or my cameras wouldn't be monitoring anything.

So I'm getting along, watching a YouTube vide on Blue Iris Tools, to begin with, however, early on he discussed the "?", for looking at help, which when I hit it I get:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource. Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I know I haven't searched for this error on the forum, so you can just tell me to go look, and that's what I'll do. This is pretty much as far as I go today.

Thanks again for your help.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
All I can tell you is to leave Check for updates daily unchecked. You might want to uninstall BIT, delete any files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Iris Tools folder and then reinstall it. Version 1.6.0 is the latest version and there has not been an update in a long time. See if that works for you.

Aaron407

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe this has been asked somewhere in the previous 63 pages of discussion, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues with the Pushover integration for watchdog alerts. I have it configured and working, but I get the same alert repeated over and over every few minutes roughly according to the 'wait between alerts' time. The timestamp for the alert is the same in each case and relates, in my case, to a single watchdog event. Is this a known issue?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
When you say "watchdog alerts" specifically are you talking about Blue Iris 5 or are you talking about Blue Iris Tools?

1661283621048.png

....or.......

1661283672358.png

Aaron407

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's the watchdog alerts in Blue Iris Tools that I have it configured with Pushover. To test it, I manually closed down BI, BI Tools picked up it no longer running and restarted the program, then sent a pushover notification with 'Blue Iris not detected at h:mm:ss on MM/dd/yyyy". A few minutes later it sent the same notification with the same timestamp, and again a few minutes after that until I disabled the notifications. I'm running v1.6.0.

1661287719295.png

Aaron407

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had checked the 'enable pushover push notifications' just to take the screenshot to paste in my previous post. A few minutes later, it sent the notification from hours before about BI not running, so it seems like the notification flag isn't getting flushed out after sending. That, or I'm missing something and doing something wrong.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had checked the 'enable pushover push notifications' just to take the screenshot to paste in my previous post. A few minutes later, it sent the notification from hours before about BI not running, so it seems like the notification flag isn't getting flushed out after sending. That, or I'm missing something and doing something wrong.
BI tools hasn't been updated in quite a while, and there seems to be a few bugs lurking in it.

dshehane

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Weather Underground not connecting again. Has worked well for months, now the problem is back. I have checked everything, even logged in to WU and checked. Shows my account as online. Yet no connection to either the WU web weather or BIT. Anyone else having the issue? Is there a fix to get it back connecting?
Attached is the screen shot of the error.
WU error.JPG

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Weather Underground not connecting again. Has worked well for months, now the problem is back. I have checked everything, even logged in to WU and checked. Shows my account as online. Yet no connection to either the WU web weather or BIT. Anyone else having the issue? Is there a fix to get it back connecting?
Attached is the screen shot of the error.
View attachment 140513
For me, WU will run a week with no issues then error like yours for a half hour or so, maybe even a couple of hours then work OK for 2 weeks....it's a crap shoot. Since IBM and weather.com got involved a while back it's hit and miss....and more misses than hits. :headbang::confused:

dshehane

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes, I thought it might just reconnect, but it is now overnight and no joy. I guess I have to give it more time...

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Same here. It was running well up until about 2 PM yesterday and then I started getting the same Weather Update Error as you. I looked back at the log file generated by BIT and in the past, when I got that error it only lasted a few minutes to an hour or so. This is the longest I've had the error in the last 6 months. I hope it clears up soon.

Ryushin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Probably my location, but it has not been able to pull weather information since the beginning of the year. Changing stations might have it work for a few hours, but then it stops working again. Waiting patiently for a new version.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm inclined to believe that this is a Wunderground issue as I also use another program (IP Timelapse) on another computer to pull weather info from WU and it has also stopped pulling data as of yesterday.

dshehane

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Sounds like the problem is a bit more widespread than my simple outage. Funny how something simple as weather overlays become part of our lives - with the weather data posted on our security cameras we keep track of temperatures and rain frequently all day. Disturbing when it it is wrong! I am going to remove the overlays until this thing settles out. I will monitor this site in hopes of a resolution.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
WU is dead, it just doesn't want to be buried. IBM and Weather.com have no interest in providing the very data to you, the contributors, that they rely on for their income stream. Kind of self destructive, isn't it?

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Well, BIT was able to start pulling WU data again today (for me) at 4 PM. Hopefully it was just a temporary WU glitch, but I agree with @sebastiantombs that WU has really been dead for a while. For now, I'll continue to feed them my WX data, but when that stops, they're dead to me too, and I'll stop sending them data.