Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

FinalX

n3wb
Reaction score
@FinalX - Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it for next release. Can you please also tell me the weather station ID you are using? @Dennis Hall looks maybe you are adding it wrong in Blue Iris. Please check the FAQ thread by clicking the ? icon in BIT.
@Mike - Currently im using INBROOSE2
butm ive tried multiple weather stations also the one u are using in ur starter topic.
to test

when are u planing to release ur next part of ur wonderfull project?

Last edited by a moderator:

oregonduck

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Mike I just got my Blue Iris tools up and running in my Blue Iris software. I have added 3 things to 1 camera. Wind Speed ~ Temperature ~ and Wind Description. Everything works fine except for one thing. Now that I have the Wind Description up it won't let me click on it and change the font etc. I just get the spinning wheel going round and round. Any suggestions to fix my problem?? Anything would be great :) Thank you :)

Ox1574

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had to rebuild my machine running BI tools so I am setting everything back up. For some reason with I click on the BI Macros button, the Macro window does not open. Well technically it opens on the taskbar, but the window can't be found. It's like it is not on the screen or hidden behind something. You can see it if you click on the BI tools icons on the taskbar but I can't bring the Macro window forward? Any of that make sense?

Reaction score
Help needed.

Running BI 4.2.9.0 and BI tools. Cant get the weather ovelay to work. Error connecting to wunderground... Nothing wrong with my connection! BIT generates only 2 txt files.. cpu and humidity.. Any solutions?BIT.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mike, I just installed BIT for the first time on my BI v4 (most current update applied), and it worked like a charm, first try. The help popups are very clearly written, and I had no difficulty getting it set up - even w/o referring to the first post instructions or the forum in general.

However, doing a quick search on the 17 pages here, I was unable to find whether you ever implemented the ability to collect/display data from more than one station at a time. In 2014 you posted something about considering it, but aside from that, I don't see any activity. Is this still on the back burner (if so, consider this a thumbs-up vote), or is it a hidden feature that I just missed?

Thanks again for a great product. Between you and BP2000, BI4 is a gem!

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
So, having had a few more days to play with this, I've noticed a peculiar side-effect. So far, I've only applied the macros to one (of my 30) cameras. Initially, I had only CPU and temp (as a single line), and it was working just fine.

All of my cameras are the 3MP Hiks - set to 720, 15fps. I also have date/time/camera name/FPS/KBps as an overlay, all on a single line.

I then tried adding multiple lines, each with its own BIT variable (wind, temp, humidity, pressure, cpu). After doing so, the frame rate on that particular camera becomes very volatile - dropped to about 4FPS. As soon as I removed the lines, it went back to 15fps. What's even more interesting is that all the other cameras remain at 15fps, while the one with the extra lines of overlay text is at the lower rate.

This is the long way of me asking, does the number of BIT variables/lines used in an overlay have that much of an effect on BI's ability to maintain the camera's frame rate?

2016-02-09_9-56-51.jpg2016-02-09_9-56-00.jpg

EMC

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, I'm running version 1.1.0 with blue iris 4.2.9.1 x64 and I recently ran into an overlay issue where the degree symbol (for temperature) shows up as an unknown character with the OCR A overlay font. Is this a blue iris issue?

Ox1574

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having the same unknown character issue as well. Running the same versions.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have this running on two different BI servers. Both began showing the same funny characters at the same time. My guess is, unless BIT updates itself, BI server updates probably don't know what to do with the degree (°) symbol..

Attachments

cwag17

n3wb
Reaction score
I think this is more of a Blue Iris problem. I went in and modified the temperature.txt and pasted the degree symbol from windows character map and got the same result. In fact any special symbol that is tried yields the same result. But if you put the degree symbol directly in the macro field in BI it works. Maybe something with reading from the text file. There was a BI update a few days ago....