Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more!

Blue Iris Tools - Weather Overlay, Watchdog & more! 1.6.0

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone who requested now has access to the beta. Please make sure to test and report back.

dshehane

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not directly related to Weather Overlay Issue - I have a perennial issues with task windows opening from the weather overlay tab of BIT. Windows open fine from other tabs. When I click on "Results" or "BI Macros" on the Overlay tab, the windows do not open on screen. When I mouse over the taskbar, the thumbnails are open, but I cannot select and open them. I can usually live without seeing these windows, but it is a pain when I need them! It occurs when I run as administrator or normal. This has been the usual for many months. Anyone have any ideas or clues I can chase?

KeversRoperson

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
No need to look for other weather solutions, there is an update coming out real soon. Everyone make sure you have auto-update enabled.

I'm deploying BIT with two weather options, one requiring WU station ID only, and another that allows you to input an API key along with the station ID.

Stay tuned, more info and update coming soon.
Hi Mike,

I'm happy to beta test. I have two PWS's, one in the UK and one in Portugal if that's any use.

Cheers

great work again by the way!

Gumby

n3wb
Reaction score
WU has not worked for me for awhile. Did WU change something?

BIT WU Error.jpg

eric botts

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Mike, I think you said there will be an update tonight, if not Ide like to mess around with the beta. I`m kinda new here and do not know much about "PM`ing" yet.

Gumby

n3wb
Reaction score
Read the last like 3 pages of this thread :facepalm::banghead:

There is an update being released tonight. Thanks to all of the beta testers who are helping!
Thanks Mike. I will look forward to it.

Gumby

n3wb
Reaction score
Works Great! Thanks. I am currently using it with the Station ID and the update worked immediately. I will try it using my API as well.

Thanks again!

phydeaux

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Confirm 1.6.0 restores WU weather overlay.

Thanks Mike for your work !

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
For some reason BIT 1.6 is really using a lot of CPU...it has held there for 10 minutes. I did just use the upgrade option in BIT 1.5 to update.

Annotation 2020-01-18 195619.jpg

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
One I kill the weather station it returns to normal.

Annotation 2020-01-18 200145.jpg

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, all is good now. Before I restarted the pc, I added my station ID back in and this time the CPU was normal ?? But I did a restart and it works ok. Thanks Mike for your hard work ! CPU usage runs around 1.7% now :)