Dahua IP intercom: VTO3211D-P2 (new P & P4 ) door station - experience, review, firmware support?

Witold

n3wb
Reaction score
hi
what is the difference between P4 and P4-S2?
Software & hardware: P#-S1 vs P#-S2. # is number of buttons. In S2 you can set up sip server or just client. In S1 sip is predifined in firmware. If you want to install more than one VDO in one house (network) better to buy S2 (one you have to set as server and the rest clients). S1 you can upgarade to S2 by firmware change, but under some risk..

Frank89

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone I started to experiment with this video VTO I made everything
work on pbx 3cx the only thing I can not make it work is to open the door
without anyone ringing at the entrance if please someone can give me some help
thank you very much
Maisx From Italy
Ciao anche io sarei interessato a sapere come sei riuscito a configurarlo con 3cx. Sono riuscito a farlo registrare come interno ma poi non so come configurare i pulsanti per chiamare i vari interni o i gruppi suoneria. Mi potresti aiutare?

Caesario

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm about to purchase a VTO3211D-P1-S2 newest version (as VTO3211D-P & VTO3211D-P-S1 are discontinued)

but I would like some help to clarify something that's important for me :
Is this Model able to work stand alone ? (ie without VTH screen indoor, directly in P2P connection through 37777 port with Gdmss Plus App, like VTO2111D-WP little brother model)
The datasheet is not really clear about the feature.

One question more :
What's the difference between P1/P2/P4 model ? (except of number of button of course)
If I want to redirect calls on more than one smartphone, do I need multiple buttons version P2/P4 ?
or Can I redirect call on several smartphone with just one button version ? (in this case, what happen in gdmss app when several smartphone receive notification in same time ?)
Hope I am clear

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

Last edited:

dicool

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the right Mifare card type, that would work with Dahua VTO3211-P1 (first revision), but unsuccessful.
The 2 yellow cards that were provided in package work well, however another one I bought locally cannot be read.
I bought Mifare classic 1K S50 13,56Mhz

Could someone recommend the card that would work or please clarify the card type (protocol), that I should purchase?

Thank you!

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm trying to find the right Mifare card type, that would work with Dahua VTO3211-P1 (first revision), but unsuccessful.
The 2 yellow cards that were provided in package work well, however another one I bought locally cannot be read.
I bought Mifare classic 1K S50 13,56Mhz

Could someone recommend the card that would work or please clarify the card type (protocol), that I should purchase?

Thank you!
Samsung phone can paired with NFC turned on.

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
VTO3211D sold in different regions may have hardware differences.
But my experience is
VTO3211D-(P1~P4) Soc Hi3516DV100 firmware uses VTOXXX
VTO3211D-(P1~P4)_S2 Soc Hi3516CV500 firmware uses VTOXXXD-G
Using the wrong firmware can brick the device.

Last edited:

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
sorry I didn't understand, instead of the card, are you using the phone ??? I have never succeeded, each time a different code was detected
mine is s2 version.
Successfully paired with mobile phone.
Unlock every time is ok.

detxm80

n3wb
Reaction score
hi guys, there is any way to set microphone of 3211? it is very very low , set it 100 but it is low.....

Regio

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, after two year I try to install and configure the Vto3211d-p2-s2: I have a proble about the configuration.
At The beginning I connect the VTO and two vth to the POE switch but when I push the button oh VTO the voice... The numer you have dialed does not exist.
I read the User Manual but I'not able to connect to 192.168.1.110,..... the browser answer is Time out...Thanks in advance...may be the distance is too long...30 metre?

Reaction score
Hello

I have a VTO3211D door station + VTH1510CH indoor unit.

I have installed DMSS apps on my Samsung S22.

When adding a VTO device to the DMSS application, the door station is added as "Local Device". (I'm uploading an attachment as a photo) Unfortunately, this mode does not allow you to receive notifications.

Is this device not supported by Dahua account?

For comparison, I added a recorder with the status "Device added to account"

Attachments

djramc

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have the same problem. did u solve this error?

best regards,

Hello

I have a VTO3211D door station + VTH1510CH indoor unit.

I have installed DMSS apps on my Samsung S22.

When adding a VTO device to the DMSS application, the door station is added as "Local Device". (I'm uploading an attachment as a photo) Unfortunately, this mode does not allow you to receive notifications.

Is this device not supported by Dahua account?

For comparison, I added a recorder with the status "Device added to account"

Reaction score
Hi,

I have the same problem. did u solve this error?

best regards,
Yes, I restarted VTH + VTO to factory settings and configured again. I set up a sip server and added it to the application again. now it is working

plonk

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all and thanks again from this helpfull topic

I'm trying several things without success on my VTO 3211D P2, a bit discouraging :(

1/ Can't upgrade firmware
VDPconfig tells me I'm on V3.200.9999000.0.R 2018_04_21 (not sure if it's pre SIP or already SIP)

Tried to update with:
Customer_VTO3211D_Eng_P_32M_SIP_V3.200.10M7000.0.T.20181116.bin
General_VTO3211D_MultiLang_PN_SIP_V4.400.0000000.3.R.20191019.bin
General_VTO3211D_Eng_P_SIP_V4.300.0000000.4.R.20190306.bin
General_VTO3211D_Eng_P_32M_V1.000.0012000.0.R.20180509.bin
All get stuck at 50% with "fail to upgrade" message

Tried MCU update with General_VTO3-6-MCU_App_V1.001.0000000.0.R.191010.bin by selecting MCU instead of "main". Same fail to upgrade error

Tried with and without "clear config" tick in small window after clicking upgrade

Tried with configtool5.0 and configtool3.2, same problems ("send upgrade data error" for configtool 3.2)

Tried to change port from 37777 to 3800 (read that somewhere) but after changing in web service and reboot, it goes back to 37777

Tried "factory default" in VDPconfig, then initialize

Didn't try TFTP or Serial

What am I missing ?

2/ [solved] don't receive calls on wifi, no image or call on 4G
Solution for calls: uninstall gdmss plus and reinstall, then in message tab, set alert: you should get a popup asking for permission and accept it. After doing several VTO add and delete you don't get the popup anymore and that's why it's doesnt work.
Solution for 4G: for some networks, a VPN is required, for example supervpn. I'm on bouygues telecom french network and VPN needs IPV4 to work. Go in android network settings, modify APN to set IPV4 instead of IPV6.
I now have video feed on 4G and image quality and smoothness is ok.

3/ [solved] Ok with rooms and QRcode I'm able to set GDMSS plus with room 9901 and GDMSS lite with room 9902 (because it doesn't let me have 2 rooms with the same SN on the same app)

4/ [solved] To add RFID card: I went to Local Config -> A&Cmanager, issue card, bip, associate with a room number and now I can see my cards in Indoor manager -> card no info

5/ Is there a way to create a widget in android that unlock gate ? gdssm apps seems to have no included widget

6/ I have a VTH5221DW that was working until I picked a wrong upgrade file on my 1st attemp:
General_VTH52X1D-data_EngDthFrnGerItlPorSpa_P_32M_SIP_PART_V4.300.0000003.0.R.20190510.bin
Now it's stuck in some sort of boot loop, I see button light up at strat but screen never goes on and VDP don't see it anymore...
I tried to plug it with micro usb port instead of POE but I goes in the same bootloop
Also tried 5 click on the power button, or 5s click to do some sort of reset but I'm not sure how it is resseted and since it does start properly, reset may not be applicable
I may have bricked it ... My fault.
Hello all,

Regarding "1/ Can't upgrade firmware". I have the same 50% issue too. Tried mentioned firmwares before and more...
Did someone who had this type of problem managed to upgrade after all?